Sam: I'm close to first signing

Guest smoggeordie

Guest nufc 4 life

There's a number of players who Roeder was linked with - Davies, Crouch, Viduka - who are now being linked with Big Sam. It just strikes me as lazy journalism.

Bingo, and we are going to be linked with every fucker under the sun if the takeover goes through.  :buck2:

well maybe that is good, it gives us something to talk about and we won't know who we are getting until thay have actually signed for us, just like it was under SBR, keeps you on the edge of your seat.

There's a number of players who Roeder was linked with - Davies, Crouch, Viduka - who are now being linked with Big Sam. It just strikes me as lazy journalism.

Bingo, and we are going to be linked with every fucker under the sun if the takeover goes through.  :buck2:

well maybe that is good, it gives us something to talk about and we won't know who we are getting until thay have actually signed for us, just like it was under SBR, keeps you on the edge of your seat.

Like the Bobby quote that we could buy any defender in the world a week before signing Andy O'Brien?

Actually that could have been a Freddy quote

Being on the edge of my seat and gettin all het up over some bloke who very few of us have any clue about is something I think I'm going to try and avoid if possible. The last few transfer periods have worn me out with the constant speculation and inevitable final day frustrations.  :(

That said, this time around I'm more hopeful than I have been for a long time, but until someone is signed, until the transfer window is over, I'm going to try my best to put my fingers in my ears and go, na na naaa na nana naaaaa.  :laugh:

It could work out well. The players sam seems to be going after at the moment are cheap but established players leaving some cash available for good full backs, hopefully Baines and someone else.

Guest Deep456

One player i would love to have in our midfield is Jean Makoun. Hes a little bit short though, but a great player..

who?

Guest Armchair Pundit

The only Makoun I can think of is that fella from Lille, wears one red and one blue boot... did he mean him?

One player i would love to have in our midfield is Jean Makoun. Hes a little bit short though, but a great player..

who?

He's a DM and plays for Lille. I think he's about 23-24 years old. Has a great engine and good breaking up attacks. But he's also good on the ball and has a quite good passing. Has the energy of a duracell rabbit.

Would cost quite much, but i believe that £8-9m could be enough. Parker out and him in. Twice the player imo..

If we could attract him, but worth a shot imo..

who?

He's a DM and plays for Lille. I think he's about 23-24 years old. Has a great engine and good breaking up attacks. But he's also good on the ball and has a quite good passing. Has the energy of a duracell rabbit.

Would cost quite much, but i believe that £8-9m could be enough. Parker out and him in. Twice the player imo..

Laryea Kingston is practically an identical type of player, and might indeed be just as good.

He would cost around £500,000. I say we go for him instead. The only difference between the two is the exposure Makoun has received at Lille.

who?

Laryea Kingston is practically an identical type of player, and might indeed be just as good.

He would cost around £500,000. I say we go for him instead. The only difference between the two is the exposure Makoun has received at Lille.

Well i have not seen Kingston play at all. If he's that good as you say then i really hope we get him. Would be a bargain for £500 000 if he is THAT GOOD.

How comes that he plays for Hearts?

Guest Johan

Anyone think we can get better then Ben Haim?

Don't get me wrong, he's pretty decent but for 45 millions we can get better players i will be happy if Big Sam gets him here but won't be too gutted if we miss out on him..

The money we may or may not have doesn't come into it. If free transfers are good enough for Chelsea they're good enough for us. Ben Haim is better than what we already have. Get him in. Who knows if we'll be able to buy a better defender. They may not be available.

Aye, thats the problem, he's free and signing him won't cost us much  + it will bring a decent defender in, but if we can get better then why not get them..

We can either play it safe and take Ben Haim, who is far better then what we used to have, or take a gamble..and try to bring in players who are even better then him..but thats being too optimstic because i don't think better players will want to come here in the first place.

Or.. we could actually get him and then and then other maybe even better defenders! Its not like we need only one CD in, we need like 2 - 3 since we let 3 of them go. We need to add reliable players all over the pitch and then look at getting a Gerrard, Berbatov, Henry kind of player. Injuries should not mean we have to go back to freakin Ramage!

who?

Well i have not seen Kingston play at all. If he's that good as you say then i really hope we get him. Would be a bargain for £500 000 if he is THAT GOOD.

How comes that he plays for Hearts?

It's very difficult for a lot of young talented African players to end up at really top clubs. They usually take the first option that comes to them to go abroad and unless they are brilliant from a very young age (around 16, like Martins was) they don't necessarily go to well known clubs.

Therefore, those who really begin to develop around the age of 20 find that they are stuck in places like Russia, Israel, Turkey etc. and a lot of times it is hard for someone to show faith in their abilities because their achievements are not recognised or given much credit due to the leagues they play in.

Yakubu started out in Israel and Okocha was in Turkey, both for way longer than they should have been in my opinion, but sometimes it takes a while.

Kingston is still registered with his Russian club, but is on loan at Hearts. They have until the 6th of June to take up their first option on a £500,000 transfer. Here's hoping they don't! Maybe SA is trying to encourage them not to, with some brown envelopes, so he can come to us instead.

Guest NUFCnutter

Scottish and English players: ok lets see:

Duncan Ferguson(Everton)

Arteta

Gary Naysmith

Alan Stubbs

James McFadden

Van Bronckhorst(Arsenal)

Niemi(Fulham)

Petrov(Aston Villa)

Tugay(Blackburn)

Christian Dailly(West ham)

Graeme Murty(Reading)

Just off the top of my head, and that is without thinking about loads of past players either.

Another exciting possibility is that, when we do sell players in the future, we could be selling for 5 million having paid 500k instead of selling for 3.5m having paid 8m or letting go for nowt when they cost 5m

Guest Invicta_Toon

NUFC06 will be doing his nut, Heart's captain and centre back who just picked up his 3rd medal with his 3rd team in Scotland wasn't good enough for NUFC, now we're after their answer to Zog the strop