Parker or Butt the answer?

TRon

Both are great professionals, both are touted as Newcastle captains for commendable reasons. Both are unlikely to be tapped up by the top sides in the EPL because small DM players aren't really in much demand in England. Bearing this in mind, do we really need two small scufflers in the engine room? Or even one?

No.

I have the feeling that Butt and Parker are going to be the Speed and Campo of BOlton for Sam Allardyce of Newcastle United.

Parker doesn't deserve to be named in the same sentence as Speed

I hope we keep both and utilize them correctly.

We need to have a deep squad next season and they'll be vital at times. Hopefully we will hoist Dyer and buy an attacking midfielder to compliment their play.

Although no-one knows whats going to happen this summer, so its a case of wait and see.

No.

I have the feeling that Butt and Parker are going to be the Speed and Campo of BOlton for Sam Allardyce of Newcastle United.

Parker doesn't deserve to be named in the same sentence as Speed

err...  :lol:

Guest Triglett

You'll be surprised at just how highly rated Scott Parker is outside Newcastle. Or maybe you won't. I reckon you'd get a pretty hefty fee if you did choose to get rid though.

You'll be surprised at just how highly rated Scott Parker is outside Newcastle. Or maybe you won't. I reckon you'd get a pretty hefty fee if you did choose to get rid though.

Its shows you how few people in the media ect actually watch our games.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

On a slightly different note, what the hell has Emre got to offer? Nice player to watch on the eye, but absolutely no end product

I agree, apart from the nice on the eye bit. He's our shit excuse for a playmaker; fucking awful in that role.

Guest justin99.

Surely we've got to give some latitude to those players who have been average.

Just see if they can perform for Sam, or be sold.

Guest Ridzuan

Dont mind with either one but I would prefer Butt better because he doesnt get injured too often.

Guest teepee

their lack of height worries me slightly as well, but that aside i can see both playing a big role for us next season.

NONE of our players has had a brilliant season, in fact most have been crap - but i still believe that butt and parker are good premiership players. and both can excel under a good coach, and if sam can get parker to push forward at excactly the right time i reckon we'll quite a few goals from him.

so, unless a very good offer comes in i'd keep both. i'd rather get a new attacking midfielder and three-four new defenders...

Guest teepee

Don't see the facsination woth height for dm's, Makelele isn't exactly a giant is he?

no thats right - and the dm doesnt have to be tall - we just generally lack height in our side - leaving us a bit weak in deadball situations

There is no question we should sell Butt because we could get a pittance and he is still a very useful player.

As much as he likes to do his spins around the pitch I am not in the "Parker is a useless cockney wanker" camp and would be interested to see what Allardyce can do with him, that said a bid of £8m would probably be a little too good to turn down.

Guest Immsy7

Parker was our best player under Souness imo. He struggled with injuries and form under Roeder. I feel he will come out top trumps again under Allardyce.

Both deserve a chance as both players can be very good on their day. Maybe a 4-5-1 with both in the middle and three attacking midfielders could work.

Guest graemeh72

Don't see the facsination woth height for dm's, Makelele isn't exactly a giant is he?

no thats right - and the dm doesnt have to be tall - we just generally lack height in our side - leaving us a bit weak in deadball situations

The height issue is exacerbated at Newcastle because we are a team of dwarfs (Owen, Martins, Milner, Parker, Butt, Dyer, Carr, Solano, N, Zogbia, Babayaro) and pretty regularly we have 7 or 8 who are less than 5'9".

Its that bad that we could sign Tattoo for an extra arial threat!

Really rate parker and hope he stays and wants to stay and that all these rumours are complete bullshit. However there's alot of smoke that he's not settled, in which case if he really wants out we should let him go for as much as we can possibly get for him 8.5m +. We then need to replace him and i fear Barton is a huge risk as he's a ticking time bomb who will end up doing time.