Scott Parker signs for West Ham - £6.5m (+£500k) fee confirmed

Dokko

Hmm, this was just posted on TeamTalk

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1780_2158334,00.html

"But the Hammers' offer is thought to be considerably less than the £8.5million which has been reported."

???

Apparently thought to be less by one guy on the West Ham forum who claims its £6.5 million.  So far he's failed to respond to people asking him how he knows that..  Whether it goes any deeper then that or whether this is just Teamtalk reporting the word of some bloke on a forum is anybodies guess :)

I'd like parker to stay, and play the defensive role, but i think for £8.5mil, and if sam's planning on barton, you have to take it.

If it's lower, perhaps it rises to £8.5mil based on england caps or something?

So people keep saying, except he doesn't have the ability or attributes.

I'd like parker to stay, and play the defensive role, but i think for £8.5mil, and if sam's planning on barton, you have to take it.

Actually he does have the attributes to play as a defensive midfielder, but sure as hell not as an attacking midfielder, not the way that cunt Roeder was playing him anyway.

Actually he does have the attributes to play as a defensive midfielder, but sure as hell not as an attacking midfielder, not the way that cunt Roeder was playing him anyway.

Actually, he doesn't. That's if you include passing ability, anticipation and quality tackling as required attributes. He charges around a lot, dives into tackles ending up on his arse a lot and slows our play down to walking pace. That's after he's done the Jayne Torvil bit first.

Parker can go if we get decent money for him.

A little bit concerning however that this is more talk about outgoing players without any sign of anybody coming in.

In addition, if Mike Ashley does eventually take over, we are going to have to pay chelsea like inflated prices in order to sign anyone!

As much as i disagree with HTL in the fact that he could put in a shift in the defensive midfield role, i would be delighted if we got rid of him for 8.5 and brought in Barton for 3 million less.

I've seen Barton play on 3 occasions (live) and on each occasion he has effectively ran the game. He may have a massive attitude problem but his talent, IMO, is unquestionable. If we are talking about making a substantial profit on replacing him for parker i say we go for it.

Sadly in this day and age football is made up of shits and most sucessful teams have players who, like Barton, have discipline problems. It's the good managers at those teams which learn to either contain the behaviour or use the passion of the player to create a better player.

The question is has Allardyce got it in him to do this with, probably, the biggest shit of all.

I've seen Barton play on 3 occasions (live) and on each occasion he has effectively ran the game. He may have a massive attitude problem but his talent, IMO, is unquestionable. If we are talking about making a substantial profit on replacing him for parker i say we go for it.

Sadly in this day and age football is made up of shits and most sucessful teams have players who, like Barton, have discipline problems. It's the good managers at those teams which learn to either contain the behaviour or use the passion of the player to create a better player.

The question is has Allardyce got it in him to do this with, probably, the biggest shit of all.

So, what you're really asking is: Is Allardyce a shit manager?

I agree because whenever I've seen Barton hes definately been running the show and with a decent pace and shot on him, I always thought he'd be great for us.

Allardyce is one of few managers who can tame his attitude and remember, if he came to us then he'd have to agree to curbing lots of his lip before he signed. He also has to earn the respect of the fans and just as Sam did with Diouf and Anelka, he'll do with Joey.

I have faith!

The question is has Allardyce got it in him to do this with, probably, the biggest s*** of all.

So, what you're really asking is: Is Allardyce a s*** manager?

Well yes. If Roeder was still in charge, i would have no faith at all. In fact i think it would be a ridiculas decsion. However, it can't be denied that some managers have a far better ability to handle volite players.

The best example we could give would be Ferguson. He's dealt with, Rooney, Ronaldo, Cantona, Keane and i cannot remember many off the pitch incidents regarding them.

I think Allardyce wouldn't take any crap from Barton but that doesn't mean to say Barton wouldn't act up. All things consider i'd say he is worth the rissk (under the correct management).

The question is has Allardyce got it in him to do this with, probably, the biggest s*** of all.

So, what you're really asking is: Is Allardyce a s*** manager?

Well yes. If Roeder was still in charge, i would have no faith at all. In fact i think it would be a ridiculas decsion. However, it can't be denied that some managers have a far better ability to handle volite players.

The best example we could give would be Ferguson. He's dealt with, Rooney, Ronaldo, Cantona, Keane and i cannot remember many off the pitch incidents regarding them.

I think Allardyce wouldn't take any crap from Barton but that doesn't mean to say Barton wouldn't act up. All things consider i'd say he is worth the rissk (under the correct management).

I rate Barton as a player, like most, but a club like Newcastle with a player like Barton? Just the thought of it makes me shudder. Maybe Sam can do it: he's had some success with Diouf who, although still a depised wanker, doesn't really cause Bolton any bother.

Parker's performances in first season were utterly awesome(Arsenal game) was one of best i have ever seen not for technical ability but for sheer heart and wllingness to win and say you shall not break us down.  Lost count the number of times i was sat in my seat and the M.O.M was announced Parker, he became a real fans hero, he also seemed to really fall in love with the place ala Rob Lee.

Staggered really I am.  To compare one of the greatest, and certainly most unsung heroes of my time as a toon fan with Parker.  Incredible.  I don't think he at any stage fell in love with the toon, and let's be honest he came for the money.  As for these "utterly awesome" performances in his first season, I must've missed them.  He had a good game against Arsenal, he put his heart and soul in to it, won tackles yes he was decent.  Can you honestly tell me which games he was utterly awesome though.  He was reasonable at the beginning of this season, scoring a few goals running from midfield, which he should be doing the whole time but hasn't been.  "CAPTAIN COURAGEOUS STARTS SEASON OFF WITH A BANG"  I've played football with defensive midfielders who have consistently made better runs than Parker and still managed to play an anchor man role with ease.

Nicky Butt for me over the three years he's been here has produced at least TEN awesome performances, and for me Parker never come near the level of performance Nicky Butt gave on his debut at Boro. 

Newcastle Online isn't the definitive voice of all Newcastle fans, some here you have to remember are your more knowledgable/passionate toon fan in general, than say your man in the street who reads his Chronicle on a Tuesday night with Northern Life on in the background.  It's always appeared to me that Parker bar one or two occasions has almost been above criticism, but because he's Parker the clueless majority have always held him closer to their heart than they have Nicky Butt.

to be honest i dont think we have a choice as i think we lost Parker the moment the minority muppets abused him against SheffUtd 

The same muppets who pay his wages?  Are they not entitled to voice an opinion, when their captain, the heir to Alan Shearer goes hiding against a team no better than Colchester are turning us over at home???  That's what he did, he hid, the guy who is supposed be the inspiration and the example.  He didn't like being told, by his employers he wasn't doing what was expected.  His reaction?  "Fuck Off"  Imagine Peter Beardsley, Shearer (granted players who the sun shines out their arse as far as the fans are concerned) coming out with that?  Imagine Batty coming out with that, and he had some bad games?  Imagine it.  No I can't neither.  Roy Keane cunt that he is, criticised the fans more appropriately by telling them with a big of dignity what he thought.  Not Parker "FUCK OFF toon fans you don't deserve me".  He doesn't deserve us, and he never deserved that captains armband.

This bid £6.5m/£8.5m.  Whatever it is it's far more than he's worth and I think this could be the fourth massively positive thing that's happened in 4 weeks.  Scott Parker isn't the worst player that's ever played for Newcastle, technically he's not bad, he can have spells of four reasonable games in a row, but the role he's been employed to play in he's simply not capable of fulfilling.  Thank the lord there will be no more pirouette's at St James' (well if Sam's got any sense).  People are saying Joey Barton would be a bad move, him or Kevin Nolan, and argue if you like, are better, more dynamic midfielders than Parker.  The only reason Parker has been above them in the England pecking order is, he's been playing for Newcastle and they've been at City and Bolton. 

£8.5m for a bloke we've NEVER EVER seen striker a ball.  I've never seen him kick the ball ever, and you know what I mean, where you kick through the ball and you get the power from your standing foot leaping, people that play will know what I mean.  Striking the ball is a basic and fundamental technique all professionals have in their locker, he hasn't. He shoots but you know it's going to be shite, because he genuinely can't strike it, and don't give me his goal at Charlton he sliced that anyway, and he didn't kick through it.  All in all the best toon performances over the last two years have been when he's been out of the team, he slows the game down too much, holds on to the ball, and granted doesn't lose it that often, but the results is another man of the match for Parker and another negative result for the toon.  Souness always used to say "Parker is great in the dressing room, he's a man in the dressing room.", it's just a shame he often wasn't on the pitch.

Bye Parker.

Barton for me seems like the type of player who'll try and grab the game by the scruff of the neck and try and dominate the midfield area. Something lacking since Batty left really...and probably technically better too.

Absolutely, i was shocked when i found out that he has only scored a couple more than Parker this season because he is capable of so much more. Although, i think it has something to do with Man citys lack of goals and there poor season.

For me he EXACTLY the type of playmaker we need. If Butt plays as well as he did last season they would be awesome IMO.