David Rozehnal

Guest Darth Toon

Don't care anymore TBH. If we get this done great, if not we can move onto our next target now.

Starting to grind my gears now and over a measley 400k or somthing. Lets be honest, in football terms thats fuck all.

Barton took long enough over £300k...

This is what i mean. It took so long that we just gave up and paid the 300k, pretty much directly to Barton. Do you think PSG have seen this and thought, that looks easy!

23 fuking days and we've still not even agreed a fee.  :rolleyes:

'Frustrating' doesn't quite cut the mustard.

wierd eh?

wonder what the hells going on?  even under fat fred we'd not have batted an eyelid at paying 3m for a CB would we? 

raises questions like:

is allardyce the one setting the limits internally for the fee?

is he operating on a severly limited budget with no idea of what will come from ashley? (doubtful)

is the 100% takeover and subsequent removal from LSE hampering money being spent? (possible)

are PSG trying to fleece us and for once we're not writing the cheque?

these are just a few but i'd go for a combination of 1 & 4 personally

haven't got a scooby about this lad so i'm not a transfer panic merchant but it seems to me if we REALLY wanted him then he'd have been on a plane by now....

23 fuking days and we've still not even agreed a fee.  :rolleyes:

'Frustrating' doesn't quite cut the mustard.

wierd eh?

wonder what the hells going on?  even under fat fred we'd not have batted an eyelid at paying 3m for a CB would we? 

raises questions like:

is allardyce the one setting the limits internally for the fee?

is he operating on a severly limited budget with no idea of what will come from ashley? (doubtful)

is the 100% takeover and subsequent removal from LSE hampering money being spent? (possible)

are PSG trying to fleece us and for once we're not writing the cheque?

these are just a few but i'd go for a combination of 1 & 4 personally

haven't got a scooby about this lad so i'm not a transfer panic merchant but it seems to me if we REALLY wanted him then he'd have been on a plane by now....

Interesting points.

My gut feeling is SA sees the guy as a rotation player only, therefore wont pay a huge amount for him, and wont pay big wages to uproot him and his family. Its probably why he's come out and said he's happy to stay, i bet the offer at all levels isn't that great from us, which leads me to believe the player himself isn't anything special.

Rozehnal 'agrees' Magpies move

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=473391&plid=24354&clid=4&cpid=8

David Rozehnal's agent has claimed that an agreement is in place to take the Paris Saint Germain defender to Newcastle.

The Magpies have been in negotiations with PSG in recent weeks, with manager Sam Allardyce keen to strengthen his defence before the start of the new season.

Reports suggested they were firm favourites to land the Czech Republic international, especially after Borussia Dortmund withdrew their interest.

Rozehnal's representative Pavel Zika announced earlier on Friday that Newcastle had a 50-50 chance of snapping up the player, with Sevilla the other club in the running.

But Zika has now told the Czech Republic media that Newcastle have won the race to sign Rozehnal.

"We have reached a final agreement. David moves to Newcastle," Zika told Idnes.

Although Alardyce has made it known he is keen on Rozehnal, there has been no announcement from Newcastle suggesting they are closer to bringing in the player.

Hopefully its over now.

Rozehnal 'agrees' Magpies move

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=473391&plid=24354&clid=4&cpid=8

David Rozehnal's agent has claimed that an agreement is in place to take the Paris Saint Germain defender to Newcastle.

The Magpies have been in negotiations with PSG in recent weeks, with manager Sam Allardyce keen to strengthen his defence before the start of the new season.

Reports suggested they were firm favourites to land the Czech Republic international, especially after Borussia Dortmund withdrew their interest.

Rozehnal's representative Pavel Zika announced earlier on Friday that Newcastle had a 50-50 chance of snapping up the player, with Sevilla the other club in the running.

But Zika has now told the Czech Republic media that Newcastle have won the race to sign Rozehnal.

"We have reached a final agreement. David moves to Newcastle," Zika told Idnes.

Although Alardyce has made it known he is keen on Rozehnal, there has been no announcement from Newcastle suggesting they are closer to bringing in the player.

Hopefully its over now.

I hope i can use the word "Finally" soon for sure..

Let us move on now for our next target (i guess we have been dealing around with many clubs at the same time, hope so anyway)

If this gets Official then i cant wait for next ;)

I have not seen him play much at all really from what i can remember. But if he turns out to be a good PL CB then great as £3m is not much of a gamble. I have a feeling that we will be positively surprised if he signs..