David Rozehnal

Guest Darth Toon

Rozehnal's agent Pavel Zika has also explained that Magpies boss Sam Allardyce was central to the player's decision to move to Tyneside.

"The interest of Newcastle has been on a long-term basis and very reputable," said Zika.

"He [Allardyce] was already interested in David when he was coaching Bolton."

and again... under Roeder we never heard things like this...i am so happy

As Roeder never coached at Bolton I am not surprised.

Guest elbee909

Rozehnal's agent Pavel Zika has also explained that Magpies boss Sam Allardyce was central to the player's decision to move to Tyneside.

"The interest of Newcastle has been on a long-term basis and very reputable," said Zika.

"He [Allardyce] was already interested in David when he was coaching Bolton."

and again... under Roeder we never heard things like this...i am so happy

As Roeder never coached at Bolton I am not surprised.

And I thought I was a pedant.

Guest Steven_MB

anyone seen the sky sports quote, " I remember the legendary Alan Shearer, Newcastle really are a huge club."  Considering shearer joined us when he was 17, I doubt he was a boyhood fan of Shearer at Newcastle, this guys seems like he really wants to be loved loads. He'd probably break bellamys legs if shearer told him to!

anyone seen the sky sports quote, " I remember the legendary Alan Shearer, Newcastle really are a huge club."  Considering shearer joined us when he was 17, I doubt he was a boyhood fan of Shearer at Newcastle, this guys seems like he really wants to be loved loads. He'd probably break bellamys legs if shearer told him to!

tbf, he doesn't actually say he was a boyhood fan of Shearer, just that he remembers him

Where did he say anything about being a boyhood fan of Shearer at Newcastle?....

Premiership - Sevilla have joined Newcastle in the race to sign Paris Saint-Germain defender David Rozehnal, according to the player's agent.

The 26-year-old Czech Republic centre back has been subjected to interest from Newcastle since Sam Allardyce joined as manager and decided to overhaul his defence, but PSG rejected an initial £2 million bid that has now been raised to £3 million.

"With both clubs we are in the last stage of negotiations," agent Pavel Zika said. "David will move to either Sevilla or Newcastle.

"It is 50-50 - the club which completes the negotiations first will capture David."

Newcastle can offer the player a higher wage, but the UEFA Cup champions and Spanish cup finalists can give Rozehnal Champions League football, something which could tempt the stopper to Spain:

"He slightly prefers the idea of playing in Seville, but Newcastle are slightly ahead as they entered the chase earlier."

Newcastle were previously up against Borussia Dortmund, but the Germans pulled out once the fee was raised and opted for Robert Kovac instead.

Isn't this 3 day old news?  :undecided:

Don't say were going round in another fuking circle with this guy.

Isn't this 3 day old news?  :undecide:

It may well be, but it has only just emerged on Eurosport's website. I have deleted my original post.

I think, not 100% though, its old news re-hashed, but its just typical of this deal, everyone saying something different.

Nowt would surprise me.

cant wait to see him play from what people have been saying, lets hope hes not another boumsong

http://www.planetepsg.com/divers/Boumsong_Jean-Alain_2.jpg

There it is again.  What the fuck is it? 

I fucking hate players dithering like this. Fair enough, he's probably waiting for other offers, but it casts him in a bad light if/when he eventually signs.

It's a done deal, relax.

I heard there was some problems regarding his loyalty payment from PSG, his agent touting him around other clubs has given PSG (well in their opinion anyway) the right not to pay it now.

Just kidding.

I asked on some PSG/French football forums about how good/bad Rozenhal is, as we know little about him. this is one of the replies.....bit worried he might not be up to the physical side of the EPL

Technical, smart and good to "cut the line" off the ball.

Totally crap to man to man marking , and on freekicks.

A good defender for tactical league.

Not for physical league.