Ideally:

---------------------------------- Given -----------------------------------

Sagna ------------ Taylor ---------------- Campbell ---------- Baines

----------------------------------- Butt ------------------------------------

-------------------- Barton ----------------- Emre -----------------------

Milner ------------------------------------------------------------ Martins

--------------------------------- Viduka -----------------------------------

Incomings being:

Bakari Sagna, Sol Campbell, David Rozenhal, Leighton Baines, Alou Diarra, Joey Barton, Mark Viduka

Optimistic. :lol:

Apart from Sagna, not really, and that's only since he favours a move to Arsenal.

£26m ish, with £7m clawed back from Parker & a £15m (reported in the press before Ashley came) budget already to work with, its not too optimistic if you ask me.

In fact, thats about the level and amount of signings we need, a couple more back ups (to get rid of Carr & Baby) would see me very happy going into next season.

Guest samtoonarmy

Excellent news. Its about time we singned a good solid central defender and I think Rozenhal will be a great signing for us. Now I think we definatley need a left back and I'd like to see us sign someone like Leigton Baines. I don't think a right back is that important as LB because Nobby Solano played so well at right back last season and saying that he is a lot slower than he used to be he would be a better right back than on the right wing.

Guest optimistic nit

it seems only one of our members remembers that we have someone who has played on the left in a 433 formation for a league winning side. Duff will be starting there imo, unless he just can't be bothered anymore.

Guest samtoonarmy

This would be our best team:

-----------------------------------Given------------------------------

Solano-----------Taylor ©---------------Rozenhal--------New LB

Milner-------------------------------------Barton--------------Duff/N'Zogbia

Dyer

Owen                Viduka

Subs:

Martins

Harper

Emre

Carr

Duff/N'Zogbia

Why do a lot of people seem to have Barton as a DM? He really isn't one!

I know.

When Jon is pointing out your mistakes you know youre in trouble, people.  :razz:

:lol: Bastard!

Why do a lot of people seem to have Barton as a DM? He really isn't one!

I know.

When Jon is pointing out your mistakes you know youre in trouble, people.  :razz:

:lol: b******!

Abuse, ban the womanising tosser!!

Can only 1 person find a place for Dyer or do you think he's leaving? If he is fit & interested I feel Sam will have to make a place for him. He may be rubbish at finishing but he can wreak havoc with his running.

As for Roze; we can only hope he is better that what we have got. I don't think any of us really knows enough about him. We were told Boumsong was a world beater..........

Given

Solano Taylor Rozehnal Babayaro

Butt

Barton    Emre

Martins                        Owen

Viduka

From our current squad, if no one leaves or comes in.

Have to say from the pictures of him the one reservation I had was he looks a bit skinny for a centre half. The likes of Emile Heskey or Didier Drogba would have no problems pushing him around if he's as weak as he looks.

I expect Sam will bring in a big centre half as well though, seeing as he's already gone for Ben Haim and is linked with Hyypia. We could do with Rozenhal if he's quick and intelligent and then get a big stopper in, preferably someone of real calibre.

Jorge Andrade has said it's time for him to leave Deportivo. He might be tricky to lure here but he'd be worth a big money bid in my view.

Have to say from the pictures of him the one reservation I had was he looks a bit skinny for a centre half. The likes of Emile Heskey or Didier Drogba would have no problems pushing him around if he's as weak as he looks.

I expect Sam will bring in a big centre half as well though, seeing as he's already gone for Ben Haim and is linked with Hyypia. We could do with Rozenhal if he's quick and intelligent and then get a big stopper in, preferably someone of real calibre.

Jorge Andrade has said it's time for him to leave Deportivo. He might be tricky to lure here but he'd be worth a big money bid in my view.

What's happening with Sol Campbell? Reports not so long ago that it was practically a done deal.

What's happening with Sol Campbell? Reports not so long ago that it was practically a done deal.

I'd definitely take Sol Campbell, an excellent player for Taylor to learn from and a leader for the whole back four. We've needed someone like him for ages, Woodgate showed what a leader could do when we went into games against Arsenal and Man Utd and weren't surprised to keep clean sheets. Hyypia wouldn't be a bad move on the cheap but Campbell would be an excellent signing.

We've lost a lot of leads in the past. Perhaps Rozehnal is someone we could use off the bench to plug the midfield in those late stages. From what I've seen, he can be very cultured, tidy on the ball, and knows how to deliver a low pass into the feet of a target man.

To start the season.

Given

RB/Solano Taylor Rozehnal Baines

Diarra

Barton    Emre

Dyer/Milner                  Luque/Zog

Martins/other striker

Viduka will miss the start of the season.

I don't know the lad, but I'd be feeling a bit more confident if we weren't the only Premiership club chasing him. It adds a bit of credence to the idea that he's not so great at defending in the air.

Still, Big Sam is an ex-centre back, and he usually knows what he's doing.