Sunderland bid £2m for Scholes

Nobby

Scholes would struggle in a team like Sunderland, his passes are good as there are people to read them at Manu.

But if that's how he wants to bow out then so be it, Sunderland to spent £2m they'll never see again.

Would be the coup of the century so far, although I can understand how you'd hate to admit it.

It'd be like Gordon Cowans signing for Darlington. 10 years ago obviously.

Scholes would struggle in a team like Sunderland, his passes are good as there are people to read them at Manu.

But if that's how he wants to bow out then so be it, Sunderland to spent £2m they'll never see again.

Would be the coup of the century so far, although I can understand how you'd hate to admit it.

It's never going to happen.

That may be the case, but if it did and at that price, it would be an amazing piece of business. I'd put money on Sunderland staying up if they did sign him.

Lot of money for a season or two, and like i said before, he'd struggle in a team that are not on his level.

It'd be like Gordon Cowans signing for Darlington. 10 years ago obviously.

I saw Ron Saunders leave us when we were in the quarter final of the EC and turn up shortly after at Birmingham City. After that, nothing can be quite as hurtful or bizarre, tbh.

That may be the case, but if it did and at that price, it would be an amazing piece of business. I'd put money on Sunderland staying up if they did sign him.

Lot of money for a season or two, and like i said before, he'd struggle in a team that are not on his level.

£2mills not a lot if it means staying up or relegation,or the difference in 2 or 3  places in the prem,...could be a good move for both,personally i see him at old trafford for 1 more season

£2mills not a lot if it means staying up or relegation,or the difference in 2 or 3  places in the prem,...could be a good move for both,personally i see him at old trafford for 1 more season

£2m plus his £2.5m a year wages, a lot of money for a 32 year old and for a club returning to the EPL.

Only so many Irish and Manu contacts Keane can abuse until he has to do what everyone else does.

£2m plus his £2.5m a year wages, a lot of money for a 32 year old and for a club returning to the EPL.

Only so many Irish and Manu contacts Keane can abuse until he has to do what everyone else does.

but remember,if they stay up that £4.5mill will be worth it and his signing would attract others

but remember,if they stay up that £4.5mill will be worth it and his signing would attract others

Butt & Duff for £9m?

Fine by me.

Guest khyberpass

Scholes has more sense than to join a bunch of losers

[move]So that is why he retired from the England squad  [/move] :laugh: :clap:

It is bollocks like... :coolsmiley:

as is 99% of this forum

to be fair it is on the back of todays notw....so why shouldn't it be up for discussion.

if we delete thread for being bollix you can get rid of all those "we should sign" threads

Having a laugh arent ya?

a) Scholes could still get a game at several decent Prem sides

b) Fergie will wonna keep him as a squad player

c) I'd still have thought he would command a fee of around £4m+

Would rather take Nolan , Barton or even Reo-coker.

If Scholes leaves Manure it will only be a downward step, he has a few seasons left in him, fine, but like Butt he will have the "Manure Effect" for a good while after he leave.

IMO, he wont get over the leaving manure syndrome for half the time he has left as a premiership footballer, and thats being optimistic. This season 3 years on is the time its taken Butt plug to work it out,

If under the strangest circumstance he did end up at the mackems, he wont be their saviour.