UEFA: Liverpool have Europe's worst fans

Stevie

UEFA today have finally confirmed what I and a small amount of others on this board have always known - they're a disgrace.

In one the leading Sunday newspapers today the scathing UEFA attack doesn't go far enough, they should be banned again imo.

KOP BLAST

By Andrew Warshaw

LIVERPOOL fans have been condemned as the WORST in Europe in a scathing UEFA report. 

UEFA president Michel Platini will hand the controversial dossier to Britain's Sports Minister Richard Caborn in Brussels on Tuesday.

UEFA spokesman William Gaillard said: "We have an independent police report mentioning25 incidents  since 2003 caused by Liverpool fans away from home. That's the most of any team in Europe. We should all be very pleased that no one was hurt."

The report follows an investigation into violence that marred the Champions League final in Athens and accuses the Kop fans of causing most of the trouble.

Scores of fans with genuine tickets were denied entry to the Olympic Stadium in Athens last month.

Hundreds of others holding forgeries managed to get in to see Liverpool's 2-1 defeat by AC Milan.

Gaillard added: "We had 102 flags in the stadium, but by the time the game began there were only two left. People climbed up amid incredible danger in order to steal them, and we know a majority were Liverpool fans."

A senior UEFA insider told the News of the World that Caborn would have "serious food for thought" after reading a "thick dossier" on the disorder in the stadium.

Liverpool will mount a strong defence of their fans and point out they submitted their own report to UEFA before the final, highlighting their serious concerns about crowd control.

The SCUM OF ENGLAND.  FULL STOP

UEFA today have finally confirmed what I and a small amount of others on this board have always known - they're a disgrace.

In one the leading Sunday newspapers today the scathing UEFA attack doesn't go far enough, they should be banned again imo.

KOP BLAST

By Andrew Warshaw

LIVERPOOL fans have been condemned as the WORST in Europe in a scathing UEFA report. 

UEFA president Michel Platini will hand the controversial dossier to Britain's Sports Minister Richard Caborn in Brussels on Tuesday.

UEFA spokesman William Gaillard said: "We have an independent police report mentioning25 incidents  since 2003 caused by Liverpool fans away from home. That's the most of any team in Europe. We should all be very pleased that no one was hurt."

The report follows an investigation into violence that marred the Champions League final in Athens and accuses the Kop fans of causing most of the trouble.

Scores of fans with genuine tickets were denied entry to the Olympic Stadium in Athens last month.

Hundreds of others holding forgeries managed to get in to see Liverpool's 2-1 defeat by AC Milan.

Gaillard added: "We had 102 flags in the stadium, but by the time the game began there were only two left. People climbed up amid incredible danger in order to steal them, and we know a majority were Liverpool fans."

A senior UEFA insider told the News of the World that Caborn would have "serious food for thought" after reading a "thick dossier" on the disorder in the stadium.

Liverpool will mount a strong defence of their fans and point out they submitted their own report to UEFA before the final, highlighting their serious concerns about crowd control.

The SCUM OF ENGLAND.  FULL STOP

Ban away my dears. :lol:

They think they are above the law, above any other fan and person walking this earth. They think they have the right to challenge and push authority and when they do they believe they were hard done by when those authorities snap.

A ban seems harsh, but if anyone deserves it its the Liverpool fans, without question.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I won't even waste my time giving an opinion on those fucking horrible people, a disgrace to the nation.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

To quote Sir Alf Ramsey, "they'e animals".

Continuing in that vein, I would like to paraphrase Mother Teresa; "I will rip their bollocks off and put them in my backpocket"

Good on him, Platini. It's about time Liverpool were made to take responsibilty for their actions, both past and present, even if it is a "minority" of fans amonsgt them. It's up to the rest to make sure they're pushed out, and they're not doing it, so they deserve to be tarred with the same brush, in my opinion.

The CL final a few weeks ago was fucking scandalous.  Utter disgrace, and that alone should have saw them get some sort of punishment.  Instead, they, THEY, have the cheek to blame UEFA.  Aye, well done.

To quote Sir Alf Ramsey, "they'e animals".

Continuing in that vein, I would like to paraphrase Mother Teresa; "I will rip their bollocks off and put them in my backpocket"

...for safe keeping?

Posted this on another forum I go on, just to get the reaction from the resident liverpool fans (two in particular, one of whom hates Newcastle more than anyone else for some reason possibly because he lives in Durham) who are basically an embodiment of "Best club in the world and also the most hard-done by in the universe" attitude

And here it is

....You've got to be shitting me, what about the Polish, Turkish, German Extremeists who meet in forests to kick living shit out of eachother!

I give up trying to defend our club because all we get is un-deserved shit thrown in our faces, but that just takes the piss, surely no-one can believe them.

The fact of the matter is UEFA fucked up and we are being made the scapegoats, when you go the cinemas, or a music concert, is it our job to check forgeries, stop people gatecrashing, policing touts. No it isn't it's the event organisers that should check tickets, protect and ensure the safety of those who have tickets, they did that poorly and yes our fans didn't help, but as I said this was always going to happen, and would of happend with any club in Britain with the same scenario

This was always going to happen, 1.000's of tickets on the black market, which UEFA made a very shit attempted at filerting out,

17,000 tickets for 40,000 plus Liverpool fans who travelled to Greece, now this is where the fighting kicked in and bollocks, but it was always going to happen, UEFA have simply used this against us in their whitening of their dirty sheets so to speak.

We are the victims of a "Corprate Hijack", just like after Heysel we need to get together and fight UEFA and leave the hyserics to the Tabloids..

Yes some of our fans are scum, but as for the worst in Europe.....a disgraceful acusation for a club which has not been in any trouble in Europe for a very fucking long time.

Fuck Off UEFA

:lol:

He's actually the least idiotic of the two of them, waiting to see what the other one makes of it.

Guest Invicta_Toon

they should step up the research to find the thief gene, it's got to be in their blood

Good on him, Platini.  It's about time Liverpool were made to take responsibilty for their actions, both past and present, even if it is a "minority" of fans amonsgt them.  It's up to the rest to make sure they're pushed out, and they're not doing it, so they deserve to be tarred with the same brush, in my opinion.

The CL final a few weeks ago was fucking scandalous.  Utter disgrace, and that alone should have saw them get some sort of punishment.  Instead, they, THEY, have the cheek to blame UEFA.  Aye, well done.

Agree with that totally. It's the 'holier-than-thou' attitude that gets me. They genuinely believe that it's always someone else's fault. They're never to blame. They can do no wrong and because they can knock YNWA out at the end of every game, they're the best fans in the world.

Complete and utter wankers. Ban the pricks.

Not just a liverpool thing though. We had our 'Chapel Park Mags' Flag stolen and another flag almost stolen by newcastlefans on two seperate occasions

I'd say there was a slight difference between charging police to get in a ground and stealing other fans' tickets for the Champions League Final, and someone stealing a flag. :lol: