Joey Barton completes move for £5.8m - Man City

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

:thup: Out of Reo Coker, Barton and Parker Barton is clearly the better player so we've got a great deal there.

Hopefully Sam can sort his attitude out and we're laughing.

Agree.

Nutter like but good piece of business.

Even though it's a canny signing, i wanted Allardyce to sign much better players.

What makes you think much better players would be attracted to ourselves?

I'll be sick if I see Joey Barton in a Newcastle top.

Anymore sick as watching Boumsong or Bramble make a horrible mistake or constant average performances from many of our over paid players?

At least Barton will give 100% every game and whether you rate him or not has more quality than Parker.

If Barton was signing for anyone else, it'll all be "he's a lunatic, a loose cannon, never settle in, waste of money".

Being a NUFC fan is funny as fuck.

I don't think anyone can deny those first three points. :lol:

The other depends how much we are paying for him...

If Barton was signing for anyone else, it'll all be "he's a lunatic, a loose cannon, never settle in, waste of money".

In all honesty I would think "We missed out on that headcase but they have now got a very good player".

Barton knows he has to behave otherwise it's very unlikely he'll get another good move.  Allardyce obiously believes he can tame him, so we've probably got a superior to parker plus money. :)

Aye be nice to have some balls in the middle like batty in the good times :)

Guest graemeh72

I don't think anyone can deny those first three points. :lol:

The other depends how much we are paying for him...

no more than £5.5 as thats the documented release clause

I feel like I'm living in dreamland...

Out

Bramble/Roeder/Parker/Shepherd/Moore/Dyer... hopefully Carr/Babayaro/Ramage/Ameobi to follow as well...

In

Mike Ashley/David Dein/Sam Allardyce/Joey Barton/Viduka/Ben Haim/Leighton Baines/ and many more

Would be elated if all this happened.

As risky a signing as it appears, I've got to trust the boss on this one. If Allardyce thinks he can get him playing and control him off the field, then I'll back his judgement. These are the types of signings that will make or break Allardyce. Fingers crossed it works out.

Being a NUFC fan is funny as f***.

I honestly would have been dissipointed if we lost parker to west ham and barton went there too.  Of course i would have said that if he'd gone to boro though.

As risky a signing as it appears, I've got to trust the boss on this one. If Allardyce thinks he can get him playing and control him off the field, then I'll back his judgement. These are the types of signings that will make or break Allardyce. Fingers crossed it works out.

Pretty much this. Not really what I wanted because there is obviously a huge question mark over his temper and he could ruin any sort of team spirit we may have but if Allardyce thinks he can calm him and keep him in order we have a very good player.

I have little doubt over his ability but big issues with the potential fall out.

I feel like I'm living in dreamland...

Out

Bramble/Roeder/Parker/Shepherd/Moore/Dyer... hopefully Carr/Babayaro/Ramage/Ameobi to follow as well...

In

Mike Ashley/David Dein/Sam Allardyce/Joey Barton/Viduka/Ben Haim/Leighton Baines/ and many more

Would be elated if all this happened.

This does have the makings of our best closed season we've had for years, we just need shepherd to get his act together and do what's best for the club while he still makes a fortune, that way we all come out as winners and the manager can start spending his expanded transfer kitty.