Joey Barton completes move for £5.8m - Man City

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Toon83

Joey Bar-toon ffs.

Anyone going to get 'Bartoon' across the back then?

Might get it on my shirt dont know about my back, might sting a bit  :D

ridiculous we're paying his £300k  :uglystupid2: no matter how much he deserved it... just mental  :idiot2: try doing that in normal work life, get embarrassing high wages of your new company and let them pay even more to fill your own pockets... lunacy

not necessarily true, people get headhunted every day

my mates wife was headhunted to move from down south to edinburgh; in order to get her they increased her wages wages massively, paid the mortgage on a flat they both owned so that my pal could live there in an interim period for the move, AND bought their house outright in cash at market value rather than have them wait for it to sell

difference is some bird going to work for a bank doesn't tend to make the national newspapers

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=472047&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=2&title=Joey+targets+Toon+trophies&channel=football_home&

"I have always admired Sam from afar. The job he did at Bolton was just phenomenal.

"Now I have got the opportunity to work with him. It was great to speak to him and know he rates me as a player."

well, that is the difference between an Allardyce and a Roeder... players want to come here because they know that we have a great manager, not like last summer when a lot of players turned us down...

Guest microbar

Bartons just a money grabbing thug,

We were mad to sign him the ungratefull piece of  *****

If Stuart Pearce  could not tame him what chance does big sam have, :rant:

Big Sam has a better chance, he's a better manager and  he's at a club that represents Barton's last chance as a player

but agree, Barton is scum, glad we've signed him though

That exceptional manager that is Stuart Pearce.

Guest microbar

Big Sam has a better chance, he's a better manager and  he's at a club that represents Barton's last chance as a player

but agree, Barton is scum, glad we've signed him though

He has already played his last chance card many times at city ,

He just does not learn his lesson,

He is just an out and out money grabber

but I wait to be proved wrong

Guest Invicta_Toon

So Bartons a money grabber after one incident which might not have even been him asking for it?

yeah he had absolutely no choice in the matter

poor little misunderstood joey

With Willie McKay involved I wouldn't be so sure he did

He's demanded money for the transfer to go through in the past

poor little joey

:lol:

Joey Barton the only footballer in the world who wants money, sorry thats wrong Viduka too. Just happy that the game isn't filled with players who look for the ££££.

As much as people would like to believe we live in a perfect world where people would give up £300,000 they think they are owed its just not the case, no matter how rich the person in question is.

The more money people have the more they want, do you honestly believe these players write their books, model clothes, sunglasses, agree to have their image/names used in games etc.. for their love of writing, modelling?

he wasn't owed it by any sense of the word

he's a fucking scumbag

He feels he was, to be honest I don't think a player should get a loyalty bonus after putting a team mate in hospital. If there is a clause in his contract stating he will be paid £300k if he doesn't put in a transfer request and he abides by this then thats their fault and he wouldn't be the first and certainly wont be the last player to get what they think they are owed.

he's a f****** scumbag

He feels he was, to be honest I don't think a player should get a loyalty bonus after putting a team mate in hospital. If there is a clause in his contract stating he will be paid £300k if he doesn't put in a transfer request and he abides by this then thats their fault and he wouldn't be the first and certainly wont be the last player to get what they think they are owed.

i could be wrong but i thought that after the dabo incident man city suspended him and put him on the transfer list?  did they not?

surely they must have listed him?  they wouldn't suspend him forever would they....

so if they did list him then wouldn't that have had a bearing?  well it didn't obviously in the but maybe it SHOULD have done and would have had it reached court?

Guest Invicta_Toon

he's a fucking scumbag

well he didn't get what he was owed from Man City