Joey Barton completes move for £5.8m - Man City

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Listen, all of you still going on about the loyalty bonus, who really gives a s***, he is our player now, no matter if you think he is greedy or what not, judge him for his performances in the black and white next season, i mean come on all players are in it for the money and go to the highest bidder so whats £300k to a football team when they are paying a player £70k a week and a £5.8m transfer fee

Let it go and move on :rant:

it's idiots with that kind of view which allow things like allow the Dyer/Bowyer incident to happen on the pitch

do you think that is all forgotten or do you think NUFC is still a laughing stock to the nation?

it's just another in a long line of short sighted idiotic decisions

How can you compare it to the Dyer/Bowyer fight? :lol:

Guest Invicta_Toon

whats this debate about a loyalty bonus got to do with Lee Bowyer and a fight on the pitch?

it's all about excusing certain actions on the basis of football reasons, and having come back to haunt you later

Guest Invicta_Toon

We will be a bigger laughing stock when Owen leaves us for £9m, or when Luque is finally free transfered, i hear no one laughing at us sort out as small matter of £300k payment.

We ended the bad blood if anything.

so what if it had been a percentage of his fee then? or something more than £300k

how big does it have do be for people to wake up and realise we've been made to look like idiots again?

Guest Invicta_Toon

Listen, all of you still going on about the loyalty bonus, who really gives a s***, he is our player now, no matter if you think he is greedy or what not, judge him for his performances in the black and white next season, i mean come on all players are in it for the money and go to the highest bidder so whats £300k to a football team when they are paying a player £70k a week and a £5.8m transfer fee

it's idiots with that kind of view which allow things like allow the Dyer/Bowyer incident to happen on the pitch

do you think that is all forgotten or do you think NUFC is still a laughing stock to the nation?

signing a player with psychological baggage

It would be a better idea to try and understand what role he is going to fulfill on the pitch.

Arguing over the merits of his £300k pay off is a waste of f**king time.

I want to know what he's going to do to be worth nealry £6M.

We will be a bigger laughing stock when Owen leaves us for £9m, or when Luque is finally free transfered, i hear no one laughing at us sort out as small matter of £300k payment.

so what if it had been a percentage of his fee then? or something more than £300k

how big does it have do be for people to wake up and realise we've been made to look like idiots again?

We haven't though.

I'm very confident we'll get our £5.8m back from Joey Barton.

That's no laughing matter imo.

signing a player with psychological baggage

You are right, we shouldn't of signed Bowyer, but simply because he was a below average EPL player, not to do with his personality.

Both combined was a big issue for some people, me included.

Guest Toon83

whats this debate about a loyalty bonus got to do with Lee Bowyer and a fight on the pitch?

it's all about excusing certain actions on the basis of football reasons, and having come back to haunt you later

Whats £300k to a club with the money that we have, and as i originally said, before this was taken into a debate about a players actions who has not even kicked a ball for us yet, its all about the performance on the pitch and not off it.

You dont win matches for what happens off the pitch

It would be a better idea to try and understand what role he is going to fulfill on the pitch.

Which is basically what i'm sayin, atleast someone agrees with me.

Barton has always been an excellent player when he played for Manchester City and some say he was their best player last season, so lets wait until he has played for us before judging him on his 'psychological baggage'

Guest Invicta_Toon

We haven't though.

well I hope my next employer is as daft as you

only at NUFC tbh, we should copyright that phrase

Guest Invicta_Toon

Whats £300k to a club with the money that we have, and as i originally said, before this was taken into a debate about a players actions who has not even kicked a ball for us yet, its all about the performance on the pitch and not off it.

You dont win matches for what happens off the pitch

Which is basically what i'm sayin, atleast someone agrees with me.

Barton has always been an excellent player when he played for Manchester City and some say he was their best player last season, so lets wait until he has played for us before judging him on his 'psychological baggage'

so I ask again, how much does it have to be before you take notice?

I would imagine the bungs managers take aren't more than £300k, they seem to attract attention

and I'm sure Man City are ecstatic that he was there best player last season :idiot2:

We haven't though.

Do you need daft employers to be employed?

Guest Invicta_Toon

It's only £300k Vic. More money then I'll ever have probably but not a great deal to a football club.

the amount of money doesn't matter, it's what it says about Barton and NUFC

and to think we shoved Parker out the door to make this deal too

Guest Invicta_Toon

We haven't though.

Do you need daft employers to be employed?

I would need an absolute idiot of an employer to get away with what Barton has, and still is

It's only £300k Vic. More money then I'll ever have probably but not a great deal to a football club.

People can say what they want about us to be honest, long as we're productive on the pitch. Can't say I've heard much talk about this 300k thing in the media since he signed, it'll be forgotten about completely in a couple of weeks I bet.

Barton is a far better player than Parker though.

Guest Toon83

People can say what they want about us to be honest, long as we're productive on the pitch. Can't say I've heard much talk about this 300k thing in the media since he signed, it'll be forgotten about completely in a couple of weeks I bet.

Once again i agree, it doesnt matter what Barton has done in the past, has knowone heard of a clean slate, and a new manager, who cares what he has done aslong as he doesnt do it here.

The media have said nothing about us being a laughing stock over the Barton signing, it was dragging on too long, and quite frankly Man City were never going to pay it so we did in order get his registration papers from City so how does that make us a laughing stock?

Once again i agree, it doesnt matter what Barton has done in the past, has knowone heard of a clean slate, and a new manager, who cares what he has done aslong as he doesnt do it here.

The media have said nothing about us being a laughing stock over the Barton signing, it was dragging on too long, and quite frankly Man City were never going to pay it so we did in order get his registration papers from City so how does that make us a laughing stock?

Exactly. If this was the transfer of Kaka to Newcastle United then maybe more would have been made about it, either way the football media have got far better things to be dealing with at the moment, the Carlos Tevez case for one.

Barton is a far better player than Parker though.

Not much more needs to be said tbh.

Well, can someone tell me what Barton's role will be next season?

He doesn't seem to score a lot.

He assist record is average.

He isn't pacy.

He ain't much of a dribbler.

I think his 1st touch is average.

I can't see him being our main creative force, i certainly wouldn't compare him to Gerrard based on what i've seen.

I've seen the stats for pass completion and crosses, looks pretty good if i'm honest. So, is he a player just to keep the ball moving in the midfield? Is he going to score 10 goals?

For £6M i want to know what it is he is meant to excel at.

Barton has got plenty of goals and assists through the years tbh; plus he's still young and could really kick off in a good side. You have to remember that he's been playing in one of the Premiership's ultimate 'also-rans' all through his career.

Guest Invicta_Toon

if people can't see what's wrong with Barton holding out for a loyalty bonus from City, and then digging his heels in to the extent of forcing his new employer to pay it themselves, there's something wrong with the wires in your head tbh

How many CM's score 10+ league goals a season?

Only Lampard, Gerrard and Scholes do it on a regular basis and they play as an attacking midfielder in a midfield 3, meaning they have little defensive responsibilities.

Barton will be our Roy Keane, he'll be the bite in midfield who drives the team forward.

if people can't see what's wrong with Barton holding out for a loyalty bonus from City, and then digging his heels in to the extent of forcing his new employer to pay it themselves, there's something wrong with the wires in your head tbh

Newcastle United haven't cared about principle for the last ten years... why start now? :lol:

I think he's canny out of order wanting the loyalty bonus but getting him for less than we sold Parker for is a great piece of business imo.