Joey Barton completes move for £5.8m - Man City

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Invicta_Toon

if people can't see what's wrong with Barton holding out for a loyalty bonus from City, and then digging his heels in to the extent of forcing his new employer to pay it themselves, there's something wrong with the wires in your head tbh

Newcastle United haven't cared about principle for the last ten years... why start now? :lol:

well that's kind of the point

I guess the problem is there is now a generation like you raised on this, and don't know any better

How many CM's score 10+ league goals a season?

Only Lampard, Gerrard and Scholes do it on a regular basis and they play as an attacking midfielder in a midfield 3, meaning they have little defensive responsibilities.

Barton will be our Roy Keane, he'll be the bite in midfield who drives the team forward.

Reckon he'll be more of a Gerrard type player. High energy, getting forward and scoring goals type player.

Don't see him as an anchor in the CM or anything, like Keane was.

Agree with Vic about the loyalty bonus. If that 300k has gone into his bank account and his bank account alone then he has been a right wanker about the whole thing tbh.

If he thinks he's due the £300,000 then you can't blame him for holding out for it, it's alright to say City have stuck by him but at the time of him leaving he was told he had no future at the club.

Newcastle had to make a decision, do they pay the extra £300,000 to put an end to the matter or do they risk losing a player who we're picking up cheap anyway because of a buyout clause, they chose to pay the extra and that's the end of the matter as far as I'm concerned.

Only Lampard, Gerrard and Scholes do it on a regular basis and they play as an attacking midfielder in a midfield 3, meaning they have little defensive responsibilities.

Barton will be our Roy Keane, he'll be the bite in midfield who drives the team forward.

Reckon he'll be more of a Gerrard type player. High energy, getting forward and scoring goals type player.

Agree with Vic about the loyalty bonus. If that 300k has gone into his bank account and his bank account alone then he has been a right w****** about the whole thing tbh.

Keane wasn't always an anchorman in midfield, he just ended his career there as he didn't have the pace to get up and down anymore.

In his early days at the club he was an all action box to box man which is what I think Barton will be for us.

Agree with Vic about the loyalty bonus. If that 300k has gone into his bank account and his bank account alone then he has been a right w****** about the whole thing tbh.

Keane wasn't always an anchorman in midfield, he just ended his career there as he didn't have the pace to get up and down anymore.

In his early days at the club he was an all action box to box man which is what I think Barton will be for us.

His early days maybe, but his best years were spent as the glue that held the midfield together and allowed Scholes to get forward and do damage up front.

Reckon Barton's game will be more comparable to Scholes', only with better tackling when called upon I would hope. :lol:

If he thinks he's due the £300,000 then you can't blame him for holding out for it, it's alright to say City have stuck by him but at the time of him leaving he was told he had no future at the club.

Newcastle had to make a decision, do they pay the extra £300,000 to put an end to the matter or do they risk losing a player who we're picking up cheap anyway because of a buyout clause, they chose to pay the extra and that's the end of the matter as far as I'm concerned.

Absolutley.. I think the main thing that makes him look like a twat is the fact he only just waxed lyrical about how he wasnt all about the money, like other footballers.

Glad he will be playing for us next season though, always been great when I have seen him. Also agree more of a Gerrard than latter Keane.

Should be an upgrade on Parker though and will be interesting to see if he can work any better with Emre.

Its a big season for the turk, he was a completely different player last season than his first. I was quite excited by what we saw from him in his first year, he was exciting and always looked good at attacking players and dribbling through them. Unfortunatley the only consistency we got out of him was on the injury front.

Last season, whilst less consistent on the injuries (still not a bad effort) he was a completely different player, didnt seem half as dangerous going forward and like Parker had a role crisis, so it will be intriguing to see if/where/how big sam employs him. Utilised the right way will be just as exciting as a top form Barton, but we will sorely be missing some height in the centre circle and around.

Agree with Vic about the loyalty bonus. If that 300k has gone into his bank account and his bank account alone then he has been a right wanker about the whole thing tbh.

Aye, Butt will be our defensive mid while Emre will be the ball-winner and simple passer that roams around the middle. Barton will be the midfield driving force, IMO.

if people can't see what's wrong with Barton holding out for a loyalty bonus from City, and then digging his heels in to the extent of forcing his new employer to pay it themselves, there's something wrong with the wires in your head tbh

Newcastle United haven't cared about principle for the last ten years... why start now? :lol:

well that's kind of the point

I guess the problem is there is now a generation like you raised on this, and don't know any better

look man, no-one disagrees that the whole thing was distasteful but then how on earth do you know it's not happening in EVERY transfer every day and we're just not hearing about it?  i'd be surprised if it wasn't

reminds me of lee bowyer when there was simply negative publicity for the sake of negative publicity (remember when every single picture of lee bowyer in the papers was the one where he was screaming into the camera ala maradona '94 with his nose streaming with blood?  he looked like he'd been eating babies or something)

if joey barton had been, say, scott parker doing the same with us for a move to west ham 'cause his release clause had been triggered then i doubt we'd have heard about it - in fact remember the delay with the parker transfer, 3-4 days from the first bid?  how do you know that wasn't for the same thing?  not saying it was but how do you know it wasn't?

barton, while i agree with your sentiment, is an easy target for this type of story and ultimately it's NUFC that shouldn't have paid the fee and let him fight it out with citeh or take the hit

• 3 weeks later...

Joey Barton has been re-bailed by police investigating an alleged assault on former team-mate Ousmane Dabo during a training ground bust-up.

The England and Newcastle United midfielder allegedly attacked fellow player Ousmane Dabo.

Barton was due to answer bail today but was rebailed until August 2 while police make further inquiries.

The 24-year-old, capped once for England, was first arrested in May while a player for his previous club Manchester City.

It is alleged he attacked his then team mate Dabo, 30, during a training session at the club's training complex in Carrington, south Manchester.

Barton was arrested, spoken to by police and bailed while they made further inquiries to find out what happened.

The player was suspended by Manchester City after the incident, and sold by the club to Newcastle last month in a £5.8million deal.

Guest DazzaNufc1892

south manchester?!?!?! im fu**in offended, i think they'll find its cheshire! dont want to be associated with that lot

Guest Invicta_Toon

blatanly the man city supporting coppers are delaying the court appearances until the season starts to fuck NUFC good and proper, what the fuck else are they waiting for? not exactly the most complicated investigation was it?

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2128767,00.html

Bartons in the house, and the mouth is open!

He's a worry, this young man. When he opens his mouth, he's speaking his mind. When others do it, they're out of order and creating anarchy and chaos. He was the one that was doing the slagging off, not Pearce, who has been quite gentlemanly in his behaviour.

Oh that the Lord had the gift to gie us, to see ourselves as others see us.

"he's entitled to his opinion but if everyone spoke their opinions we'd have anarchy and chaos in the world."

"England did nothing in that World Cup, so why were they bringing books out? 'We got beat in the quarter-finals. I played like shit. Here's my book'."

Honestly. So glad he's gone. What a fucking spacker. :uglystupid2:

And looky here... "But when Newcastle came in, City asked me to stay and wait until the new manager came in but I'd gone as far as I could there and didn't think they were progressing. I feel I might have stayed there a year too long."

Loyalty bonus eh...  :laugh:

The level of stick he's going to get at the CoMS will be Gary Chuckle-esque. And he deserves it.  :nope:

"he's entitled to his opinion but if everyone spoke their opinions we'd have anarchy and chaos in the world."

"England did nothing in that World Cup, so why were they bringing books out? 'We got beat in the quarter-finals. I played like s***. Here's my book'."

Honestly. So glad he's gone. What a f****** spacker. :uglystupid2:

And looky here... "But when Newcastle came in, City asked me to stay and wait until the new manager came in but I'd gone as far as I could there and didn't think they were progressing. I feel I might have stayed there a year too long."

The level of stick he's going to get at the CoMS will be Gary Chuckle-esque. And he deserves it.  :nope:

We're glad he's left you as well.

I agree with everything he's said since he's been here tbh.

Guest Invicta_Toon

"England did nothing in that World Cup, so why were they bringing books out? 'We got beat in the quarter-finals. I played like s***. Here's my book'."

Honestly. So glad he's gone. What a f****** spacker. :uglystupid2:

We're glad he's left you as well.

I agree with everything he's said since he's been here tbh.

life starts at Newcastle :lol:

probably explains the bellamy saga tbh

can't believe people still can't see what an absolute cunt he was over that bonus

"England did nothing in that World Cup, so why were they bringing books out? 'We got beat in the quarter-finals. I played like shit. Here's my book'."

That one was class. Interesting to see different players reactions to it as well, Gerrard offered him a signed copy whereas Lamps went into a huff. Apparently Lampard also moved tables when Barton sat next to him at the England training camp, prompting Barton to say "don't worry, I won't steal your breakfast" :lol:

That one was class. Interesting to see different players reactions to it as well, Gerrard offered him a signed copy whereas Lamps went into a huff. Apparently Lampard also moved tables when Barton sat next to him at the England training camp, prompting Barton to say "don't worry, I won't steal your breakfast" :lol:

:lol: