Bramble & Sibierski sign for Wigan

lovejoy

I can't believe they're trying to justify signing Bramble? :lol: saying he was doing quite fine before he came to our 'cursed' club and just because he was a failure here, doesn't mean he won't be there :lol: They're in for a bit of a shock methinks

I can't believe they're trying to justify signing Bramble? :lol: saying he was doing quite fine before he came to our 'cursed' club and just because he was a failure here, doesn't mean he won't be there :lol: They're in for a bit of a shock methinks

i think we have a better chance of buying eto than they do getting the best out of bramble

Since they're are picking up our former players on a free, can't the be kind enough and lower the price on Baines for us?:)

Why didn't we use this one when we first signed Sibbers?

"Ant's the 'oine'"

http://img14.imgspot.com/u/07/154/15/010429328512600.jpg

<No direct linking to copyrighted images on club's official sites, have reuploaded this>

Looks like he needs to get to pre-season training early this year...

Guest khyberpass

Well, I'm sorry to see Titus go....I really did think Sam could get the best out of him...ho hum...

As for Sibi; did us proud while he was with us, so all the best to the fella... (must admit he looks like he's been at the pies!!!)

Beginning to think we're just clearing out......would feel a bit more comfortable if we were filling spaces as well :frantic:.

Sibierski and Wigan. Match made in heaven. Shite player for a shite club. Congratulations Antoine, you've finally found your level :laugh: :thup:

PS: WTF has he been eating? On that photo it looks like he's got a 50p shaped stomach to match his 50p head?  ???

Guest TheOrder

Sibierski and Wigan. Match made in heaven. Shite player for a shite club. Congratulations Antoine, you've finally found your level :laugh: :thup:

PS: WTF has he been eating? On that photo it looks like he's got a 50p shaped stomach to match his 50p head?  ???

He'd walk into the city team tbh. :)

Guest smoggeordie

Sibierski scored as many goals last season as the whole Manchester City team did at home all season.

I bet when they heard they had signed Bramble, they all, to a man, said "FUCKING HELL"

Can guarantee they have all been laughing at him these past few seasons.

Let see them laugh now

Guest eyeball_tickler

WIGAN took a punt on Titus Bramble — because of rave reports from ex-England boss Bobby Robson.

New Latics boss Chris Hutchings snapped up the 25-year-old on a free transfer after a glowing character reference on the centre-back from the ex-Newcastle chief.

And after that he had no hesitation in offering Bramble a three-year deal at the JJB worth £25,000 a week.

Wigan beat off Portsmouth and Fulham to secure Bramble’s signature and a late bid from Premiership new-boys Birmingham also failed.

After making his first signing, Hutchings said: “I spoke to Sir Bobby about Titus and he gave him a fantastic reference.

“He told me how much he rated him but that’s no surprise because you don’t spend £5million on a player like he did unless you rate them.

“Titus has made mistakes but everyone gets caught out and I’m looking forward to working with him and hopefully helping him to improve.

“I don’t think what happened at Newcastle has affected his confidence. He’s played for the Under-21s and there’s no reason why he shouldn’t be looking at the full squad.”

Bramble had a mixed spell on Tyneside after signing from Ipswich in 2002 and was often made the scapegoat for Newcastle’s defensive shortcomings.

Former boss Glenn Roeder publicly blamed him for the Toon’s disappointing UEFA Cup exit in Alkmaar back in March.

Bramble said: “I’m still young and have a lot to learn. I’m looking forward to improving at Wigan.

“I’ve a lot of top flight and European experience already but I’m hungry to do more. Wigan is a forward thinking club with big ambitions.”

Wigan have also snapped up French striker Antoine Sibierski, 32, from Newcastle on a two-year deal.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007250806,00.html

good old bobby, still a prankster at his old age.

Sibi just said..

'I'm sad to leave the Newcastle fans because I love them, I'm sad to leave, I love the Newcastle fans forever'

I'm suprised by that, especially the way we treated him when he first arrived.

Good luck to him, I hope he gets a warm reception on his return to SJP next season

Sibi just said..

'I'm sad to leave the Newcastle fans because I love them, I'm sad to leave, I love the Newcastle fans forever'

I'm suprised by that, especially the way we treated him when he first arrived.

Good luck to him, I hope he gets a warm reception on his return to SJP next season

Aye, he said he wasn't happy with the club and especially the chairman but loved the fans.

Sibierski=Legend

I'm not a bigit but he is one of the few frenchmen i really admire. Never the greatest footballer but played with his heart on his sleave and chipped in for the team.

I loved his comments, didn't take him long to have ago at the chairman.

Where's he said this Greg?

Was on camara on SSN. Was saying he loved us but was disapointed with the chairman. He had agreed a deal with Roeder but then after he was sacked the chairman offered him a worse deal.

Guest alex

Sibierski=Legend

I'm not a bigit but he is one of the few frenchmen i really admire. Never the greatest footballer but played with his heart on his sleave and chipped in for the team.

I loved his comments, didn't take him long to have ago at the chairman.

Hadaway and shite man :lol:

So glad that Siberski has gone, he's fucking awful. 'Best signing of the season' and all that rubbish, christ.

Can't remember who said it on here, but he became a cult hero for simpletons.

I bet when they heard they had signed Bramble, they all, to a man, said "f****** HELL"

Can guarantee they have all been laughing at him these past few seasons.

I guess signing Heskey last year battle hardened them for the pasting they were going to get on the Internet from other fans for a signing like this.

That site seems to have more Wigan fans posting on it than Wigans average attendance last year

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Toonie

Lets be honest, Titus sucks ass and I hope he does shit next year so we can score some goals against Wigan and they get relegated.