European U21 Championship

Guest SwissMagpie

Guest optimistic nit

none of which have cemented themselves in the first team or showed to be anything special. some of them could be prem standard, but we have seen nothing so far to judge that this is the case. i rate a youth team on how many good players it produces, which has been either 0 or 1 in recent years depending on how you rate taylor. if those three and godsmark and lua lua can make it then my opinion will change, but until this happens it wont.

we have krul, miler and taylor here. our academy is not great, although we do have a few prospects. we have only one academy player in the starting XI, and he is inconsistent at best.

I think it's fair to say we have one of the best academies in the country. We came 4th in the FA Youth Cup behind Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal, the three biggest clubs in the country.

Don't forget the likes of Carroll, Huntington and Edgar.

Kazenga must have something about him making the bench at such a young age.

we have krul, miler and taylor here. our academy is not great, although we do have a few prospects. we have only one academy player in the starting XI, and he is inconsistent at best.

I think it's fair to say we have one of the best academies in the country. We came 4th in the FA Youth Cup behind Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal, the three biggest clubs in the country.

Has just been handed a professional contract apparently  blueyes.gif

Mark Hughes really is a prick. What an absolutely selfish human being.

This is a huge tournament and it would have been a great stage to see Bentley on and could only have done him good in his bid to show how valuable he could be to the first team. England had an outstanding team and it would have been really exciting to see them win as I though they were the favourites.

This stunt just starts things off on a bad note and they've essentially lost their best player.

I really dislike Hughes and I am so happy he never came close to getting the Newcastle job. Can you imgaine if he was in charge and he pulled Milner and Taylor out! Bentley will regret not going and I think it will affect his chances for the first team. If Ashley Young or Milner come back as the player of the tournament and England win, everyone will be pushing for them to get in the first team.

Hope this backfires big time. Hughes is mental.

Agree with that, it's bollocks. Totally agree with Pearce on the matter too.

This is a huge tournament and it would have been a great stage to see Bentley on and could only have done him good in his bid to show how valuable he could be to the first team. England had an outstanding team and it would have been really exciting to see them win as I though they were the favourites.

This stunt just starts things off on a bad note and they've essentially lost their best player.

I really dislike Hughes and I am so happy he never came close to getting the Newcastle job. Can you imgaine if he was in charge and he pulled Milner and Taylor out! Bentley will regret not going and I think it will affect his chances for the first team. If Ashley Young or Milner come back as the player of the tournament and England win, everyone will be pushing for them to get in the first team.

I find it hard to agree with Pearce. I'm a bitter, bitter man, and I can't stand the cretinous oaf. He's right on this matter tho. But hey, stopped clock is right twice a day :laugh:

He was saying Hughes tried to pull Bentley out on wednesday. Seems like he is the one behind this. Not on at all. I'd insult him, but he's a former Manchester United player. I'm not sure I need to bother.

Has just been handed a professional contract apparently  blueyes.gif

Troisi looks quite good too

I find it hard to agree with Pearce. I'm a bitter, bitter man, and I can't stand the cretinous oaf. He's right on this matter tho. But hey, stopped clock is right twice a day :laugh:

He was saying Hughes tried to pull Bentley out on wednesday. Seems like he is the one behind this. Not on at all. I'd insult him, but he's a former Manchester United player. I'm not sure I need to bother.

Bentley and/or his agent is a prick to allow this to happen.

Out of spite I hope this hinders him ever playing for the full england team. How the fuck can you pull out of a major tournament for your country ?? Tired ??? FFS.

Bet his parent are really proud of him tonight

Be class if we won it anyway but doubly so for Bentley to hjave to watch the celebrations on the telly.. COME ON U21's !!!!

Guest Roland

Will be Waterman last tournament.

Btw, all NL players are first team players at their club, except for Maduro and Krul/Vermeer. But the NL team is not as good as last year.

off topic: there is a chance that krul will be loaned out to Roda JC, number 6 of last season in the NL league.

I think it is unfair to draw this conclusion based on this info. Many Premierhsip academies have produced some really good players. Everton have Richard Dunne, Leon Osman, Tony Hibbert, Francis Jeffer, Michael Ball, Wayne Rooney. Man City have Micah Richards, Ishmael Miller, Michael Johnson, Nedum Onuoha, Stephen Ireland. West Ham have Rio Ferdinand, Frank Lampard, Joe Cole, Michael Carrick, Stephen Bywater. Leeds have Alan Smith, Jonathan Woodgate, Harry Kewell, Paul Rosinson, Aaron Lennon. Coventry City have Calum Davenport, Chris Kirkland, Gary McSheffrey. Aston Villa got Wayne Hendersson, Peter Whittingham, Liam Ridgewell, Steven Davies, Luke Moore, Gabriel Agbonlahor, Gary Cahill, Craig Gardner. Middlesbrough got Andrew Taylor, Anderw Davies, Chris Brunt, James Morrison, Josh Walker, Adam Johnson. Southampton got Theo Walcott and Gareth Bale.

Newcastle United got Steven Taylor. We still have a long way to go.

Guest Magpiecn

I think it is unfair to draw this conclusion based on this info. Many Premierhsip academies have produced some really good players. Everton have Richard Dunne, Leon Osman, Tony Hibbert, Francis Jeffer, Michael Ball, Wayne Rooney. Man City have Micah Richards, Ishmael Miller, Michael Johnson, Nedum Onuoha, Stephen Ireland. West Ham have Rio Ferdinand, Frank Lampard, Joe Cole, Michael Carrick, Stephen Bywater. Leeds have Alan Smith, Jonathan Woodgate, Harry Kewell, Paul Rosinson, Aaron Lennon. Coventry City have Calum Davenport, Chris Kirkland, Gary McSheffrey. Aston Villa got Wayne Hendersson, Peter Whittingham, Liam Ridgewell, Steven Davies, Luke Moore, Gabriel Agbonlahor, Gary Cahill, Craig Gardner. Middlesbrough got Andrew Taylor, Anderw Davies, Chris Brunt, James Morrison, Josh Walker, Adam Johnson. Southampton got Theo Walcott and Gareth Bale.

Newcastle United got Steven Taylor. We still have a long way to go.

Edgar's ok too,just wasnt given enough time.

You wouldn't want him to be our manager because he would put the club ahead of the national side?

What's wrong with him wanting Bentley to rest now and have a proper pre-season? He's already established himself as a good Premiership player unlike alot of the other lads (including Taylor), this tournament is less important for him.

Slobodan Rajkovic (Serbia)

The strapping centre-back has an agreement to join Chelsea from OFK Belgrade, allegedly for a huge fee of about £3.8m. Will need more full international caps before obtaining a work permit.

Ryan Babel (Holland)

The host country will have great expectations of Ajax's latest Dutch-Surinamese star. A member of the senior squad for two years, he can play through the middle or towards the left.

Giuseppe Rossi (Italy)

After scoring 30 goals in as many games for Manchester United reserves, the powerful little forward had a productive loan spell at Parma under Claudio Ranieri that should stand him in good stead for this event.

Giampaolo Pazzini (Italy)

Unheralded Fiorentina striker is in the record books for scoring the first goal (after 29 seconds) and the first hat-trick at the new Wembley in the U-21 friendly against England.

That Rossi chaps seems canny.

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/internationals/article2640374.ece

Slobodan Rajkovic (Serbia)

The strapping centre-back has an agreement to join Chelsea from OFK Belgrade, allegedly for a huge fee of about £3.8m. Will need more full international caps before obtaining a work permit.

Ryan Babel (Holland)

The host country will have great expectations of Ajax's latest Dutch-Surinamese star. A member of the senior squad for two years, he can play through the middle or towards the left.

Giuseppe Rossi (Italy)

After scoring 30 goals in as many games for Manchester United reserves, the powerful little forward had a productive loan spell at Parma under Claudio Ranieri that should stand him in good stead for this event.

Giampaolo Pazzini (Italy)

Unheralded Fiorentina striker is in the record books for scoring the first goal (after 29 seconds) and the first hat-trick at the new Wembley in the U-21 friendly against England.

That Rossi chaps seems canny.

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/internationals/article2640374.ece

That Palladino kid is also outstanding, and Aquialani in the midfield is pretty special.

Italy should win IMO  blueyes.gif