Who would you sign now?

toptoon

I heard we're interrested in signing the swedish talent Jon Jönsson from Elfsborg. He's supposedly being chased by a number of european clubs.

Anyone know anything about him? And could someone explain why he is still being called a talent at 23??

Guest samtoonarmy

I'd move for Sol Campbell. I think it would be great for the likes of Steven Taylor and other young centre halfs at the club; to learn and gain experiance from Sol. I also think he would be a great CB to have at the club also and would be a good leader of the back four.

Still up for bringing Naldo here, but failing that i'd like the Brazilian centre back from Benfica, Luisao.

Always looked solid when i've seen him in the CL, even against tough opponents, Big, strong, doesn't let you down.

We need a rock in defense, especially alongside a lighter weight Rozy.

Has there been any real interest in Manuel Fernandes from clubs around? From what i have seen he looks class and is young. Or are clubs being priced out because his club wants too much for him? and the company/investor that owns half or something that i have read somewhere?

Even on a high price im sure his value will rise..

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Still up for bringing Naldo here, but failing that i'd like the Brazilian centre back from Benfica, Luisao.

Always looked solid when i've seen him in the CL, even against tough opponents, Big, strong, doesn't let you down.

We need a rock in defense, especially alongside a lighter weight Rozy.

Naldo looks class. Though, he it'd be so hard to prise him away from Werder and Mertesacker, them two are like a wall.

Roeder was interested in Luisao, I watched so much Portuguese football last year and Luisao is like you said, Big, strong, but also a very intelligent defender.

Guest Johan

Would like us to see a chock signing of W. Bridge tomorrow and then a central defender that is either a veteran and leader for the short term like Sol or a defender of real quality and talent for the present and future. That player could be Naldo, Luisao or any other that Sam would feel would do.

Add Beye to that and we have a team that is ready to compete in the premier league for real next season. When that is done if there are any big Ashley cash coming in, those can be used to get a few quality players to really give us an edge.

Guest 22bnw

I think we should try and by the best centre-back of any premiership club not quite as good as us

Guest 22bnw

What about Zat Knight? He seems to have faded into the background a bit since he got called up for England that time

Guest LucasUnger

naldo would be a bloody good investment. fast, good defending and an absolute freakin right boot!!!!!!!

we would get him for 6-8 mil. couldn't think of any better defender in germany? van buyten is maybe a bit better in defending. but naldo scores at least 8 goals a season (only freekicks). harder shots than roberto carlos.

i bet a 8 mil pound offer would get him to toon.

i might tell it big sam tomorrow.

Well give us a name then. :lol:

Lescott?

How much did Everton pay for him? £4m?

Offer £7m, although for that i think you'd get Luisao, a few more and were talking Naldo.

Lescott, Yobo, Campbell (cheaper) are really the only EPL options available right now, and the 1st two will take some cash to prize out of Everton. Campbell should be snapped up regardless of whoever else we buy, his experience alone would bring Taylor on to the next level.