Who would you sign now?

toptoon

With the reported £50m we have plus the fact that we actual made some money of transfers (selling parker) I would...

Defence:

Philipp Lahm - LB contracted till 30 June 2007 according to Bayern Website!!! Quality player

other than Lahm not of these should cost too much money, Cris and Andrade maybe 8m each max , Beye, 2m, Geremi free, Lahm £10m

Isn't Lahm from Munich? Not that is all that possible any way.

i'd heard lahm has gone massivly backwards since his good showings in the world cup....anyone know ?

Like your thinking. Lahm would be very hard to prize away from Bayern though.

If we indeed sign Geremi defensively here is my changing weekly, like us to get, wish list:

Baines - LB - Really good tournament with the U21's great coming forward, suprisingly solid in defence, will need to work on his defensive side for the full level and premiership, but young with bags of potential.

Heinze - CB/LB not sure that he would be thrilled at the prospect of joining us, especially with the interest of Real apparently in the offing. Would be great cover/competition/guidance for Baines at LB or a staple in the centre. Despite having a dodgy end of last season a run in the team will do him wonders. Was imense in his first year at Manure.

Andrade - CB - The trophy signing defender I guess, excellent all round defensive package, and available.

Beye - RB/CB - Experienced, Club Captain, tall, quick and happy at RB and in the Centre would round of our defensive group emphatically.

Midfield

Have to echo hoppaz wishes, whilst Diarra sounds like a great bet and very interested, the number one guy for me would be Appiah all round game is superb, never stops running is strong, has great distribution and organizes and motivates the Ghana team throughout matches. Would cost roughly the same as Diarra but I think would be twice the player.

With the additions of Barton and hopefully Geremi our midfield would be generally covered, I dont believe we will need anything further this summer.

Up front:

As long as everyone is still on board this season we dont need to tinker. Although with the uncertainty of Owen/Martins and Viduka missing the start of the season, It wouldnt suprise me to see us getting another player in,be it a player on loan, freebie/budget signing or a player that is versatile and could fit in elsewhere in the team.

Ritgers has been mentioned, although its more than likely just agent talk to push Celtic into a deal.

The vesatility option would apply to the likes of Giuly, Babel, Diouf etc..

Diouf would be my choice, he knows Sam inside out and vice versa, would be at home on the wings or upfront, can be used as a target man and would give us some real bite upfront.

Obviously should Martins or Owen leave that would put a different spin on things and completely different players would come into the equation, but as it stands (this week) those are me picks.

can you imagine if we had got ben haim and sidwell which we were,by all accounts,very close to....we'd have those two and barton,viduka,rozehnal and possibly geremi for a net outlay of about £2.5mill.

can you imagine if we had got ben haim and sidwell which we were,by all accounts,very close to....we'd have those two and barton,viduka,rozehnal and possibly geremi for a net outlay of about £2.5mill.

Do you think we'd have signed Barton though had we brought in Sidwell? I'm pleased we missed out because I think we've got the better of the two.

Its like we are shopping at ford garage and getting a bmw for the same price, would never imagine rodent ever doing this sort of business.

Its like we are shopping at ford garage and getting a bmw for the same price, would never imagine rodent ever doing this sort of business.

Thankfully you never need imagine it again. Thankfully if you do, imagination is all it is!

Thankfully you never need imagine it again. Thankfully if you do, imagination is all it is!

I do sometimes wonder if a club will ever take a chance on souness or rodent again and if so at what level. Back to the who to sign business there are so many possibilities and there is nothing stopping us gathering a good squad on small fee's only if we are going to spend big lets hope there will be no discontent from the rest of the squad if we have to start pulling out the big wages and massive signing on fee's (we have had enough of that culture surely)

I do sometimes wonder if a club will ever take a chance on souness or rodent again and if so at what level.

Depends on whether they have a thick-headed fat (but well meaning) moron running the football club I suppose.

As has been mentioned by some, Appiah would be class. My first choice for left back would be Bridge, but I can only see that really happening if they sign Drenthe, and I haven't heard much about him for a while. A class centre back would be nice as well, don't know too much about Andrade myself though. Would love Wes Brown if Fergie'd let him go.

As has been mentioned by some, Appiah would be class. My first choice for left back would be Bridge, but I can only see that really happening if they sign Drenthe, and I haven't heard much about him for a while. A class centre back would be nice as well, don't know too much about Andrade myself though. Would love Wes Brown if Fergie'd let him go.

I hope they do sign Drenthe if Arsenal don't, as long as they utilise him as a LB because he is much more a threat as a winger, than LB playing defensively!

I wouldnt personally have this guy in the Mackems side, never mind a team who are going places!

LB - We desperately need a LB - ideally Drenthe (as can play LW too) if not Baines,Shorey, a continental gem i don't know about.

RB - Sam may decide to play Nobby or Dyer there but i'd splash the cash and take a risk with Micah Richards, even though he'll cost alot I just think he's awesome in that position and would really make us a force. Now citeh have been taken over he may not be allowed or want to go and if he does Arsenal are thought to be his most most likely destination. As he's unlikely Bebe, young or Geremi should be added

CB - ok we have Taylor, Rozenhal, Edgar, Hunty and Ramage. One more experienced head is needed imo and Big Sol campbell would have been and will be  ideal for us imo (yes thanks Glen you prat) and even if he cost us 4m i'd pay it, IF (unlikely now) Harry agree's to let him go . 

That should pretty much do us unless Oba and/or Owen leaves and then we obviously need to replace. Although if Boupa Papa Dioup could be bought i'd be very tempted.   

Idealy imo:

Given

Richards  Taylor Campell Drengthe    or      Richards  Taylor Campell  Drengthe

Milner    Barton    Butt    Martins                          Barton    Butt    Emre

Owen  Viduka                                    Viduka        Owen      Martins

Subs: Krul, Rozenhal/Edgar, Nobby                    Subs: Krul, Rozenhal/Edgar, Milner, 

, Dyer, Ameobi                                                    Dyer, Ameobi

More likely:

Geremi  Taylor  Rozehnal  Baba?      or        Geremi  Taylor  Rozenhal  Baba?       

Milner    Barton  Butt    ????                                  Barton  Butt    Emre

Owen  Viduka                                          Viduka  Owen  Martins                                               

Papers seem to indicate that Arsenal will get Sagna.

Could that make Eboue or someone else available? If they really want Martins, may be we could a quality player in return?

I reckon they might make Sagna first choice RB with Eboue pushed up to the wing. Going forward he's great but he is suspect defensively and play acts way too much for a defender for my liking. I'd be surprised if Sagna wasn't made of tougher stuff.

Gavin Hoyte could be available? Not a "top class" player but young and a lot better than Carr.

If we could take anyone in a deal for Martins it would be Justin Hoyte for me.

Will be nice if Beye and Geremi sign up next week. A LB/LWB is the main cause for concern, we will all breath a little easier after the end of next week IMO.

Guest khyberpass

Happy with Goalies - Krul is going to be Cech class, and Shay is the man

Midfield is STILL missing a real creative genius , for me. Barton is a big engine, attacking player...but not that many assists. Emre hasn't shown it enough. Gudj (may be) able to provide some of that role; Deco is creative enough; must admit to liking Appiah as well though, although I think we'd be well down the pecking order.

PS. If Luque is fit, I'd love to see him regain form on the left...would be like a new £10 M signing...

Strike Force - Duke/Shola & Owen/Oba is a very good strike force. Again Gudj would be an excellent addition to this. Dyer has also proved a useful pace replacement. Wouldn't be in a hurry for extra strikers unless the likes of a Berbatov ended up being a Toon fan! If we lost any, then I'd want to replace with like for like...if we go 4/3/3, then we'd need another "energy" forward, great on the ball. Would still take Crouch tomorrow...

Defence - where do we start! Nobby was class but ...so a RB

Baba is shite  - desperate for a LB Lahm is a great shout...or take Andrade who can play ANY of the defensive positions

CB - would love to see either Hyppia or Campbell come in to give us experience and help Taylor and Edgar develop...

So in summary, I want to buy every fella! At least 6 from my write up with Crouch, Lahm, Andrade, Appiah, Gudjohson, and Hyppia/Campbell my tops :clap:

Papers seem to indicate that Arsenal will get Sagna.

Could that make Eboue or someone else available? If they really want Martins, may be we could a quality player in return?

I reckon they might make Sagna first choice RB with Eboue pushed up to the wing. Going forward he's great but he is suspect defensively and play acts way too much for a defender for my liking. I'd be surprised if Sagna wasn't made of tougher stuff.

Gavin Hoyte could be available? Not a "top class" player but young and a lot better than Carr.

I do agree that Eboue may be implemented on the wing more as this is where, i believe, he played his first league games as a sub!

And do you mean Justin? Gavin is far too young to be at a club like Newcastle pushing for first team with so much expectation!

I tyhink Sangna might come in whilst eboue is at the ACN and as cover for the LB position as we only have clichy and a very young, very good, traore!