Who would you sign now?

toptoon

Well give us a name then. :lol:

Lescott?

How much did Everton pay for him? £4m?

Offer £7m, although for that i think you'd get Luisao, a few more and were talking Naldo.

Lescott, Yobo, Campbell (cheaper) are really the only EPL options available right now, and the 1st two will take some cash to prize out of Everton. Campbell should be snapped up regardless of whoever else we buy, his experience alone would bring Taylor on to the next level.

7m for Lescott? :lol:

Lescott?

Offer £7m, although for that i think you'd get Luisao, a few more and were talking Naldo.

Lescott, Yobo, Campbell (cheaper) are really the only EPL options available right now, and the 1st two will take some cash to prize out of Everton. Campbell should be snapped up regardless of whoever else we buy, his experience alone would bring Taylor on to the next level.

What are you laughing at?

You saying he's worth more than £7m?

I'd say that's how much he's worth compared to what else you can get abroad if thats not enough for Everton then they've over priced a player yet again.

Lescott?

Campbell wants to go back to Tottenham. Had his heart set on a move since he heard their new strikeforce is Bent and Keane.

:boomboom:

Lescott?

I'd say that's how much he's worth compared to what else you can get abroad if thats not enough for Everton then they've over priced a player yet again.

I was saying it's overpriced for a player who's played in the Premiership for a year.

Lescott?

Campbell wants to go back to Tottenham. Had his heart set on a move since he heard their new strikeforce is Bent and Keane.

:boomboom:

:lol:

Canny.

Lescott?

I was saying it's overpriced for a player who's played in the Premiership for a year.

Fair enough, but Moyes is Scottish, he's a tight arse, you'd have to pay over the odds to get one of his decent players (yet he expects you to give them away) and Lescott is enjoying a growing rep right now. £7m is an absolute max, a few more games and Everton will have paid £5m in total, so really you've got to start looking elsewhere (which was my point about not many options right now for CB in the EPL for us)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Am I really reading this?! £7m for Lescott? When Matt Upson costs £8m? And Curtis Davies is valued at £10m? Neither are fit to lace his boots. Not that a) we would sell or b) he would want to sign for Newcastle.

What makes you think him or Yobo are available in the first place? Yobo turned down Arsenal last year to sign a 5 year deal and the only way Lescott is leaving Everton is if a big European club or Chelsea come in with over £15m. They are two of our best players and there's no chance in hell that a club of similar standing to us (yourselves, Spurs, Villa) could buy them.

I think you need to get real.

Am I really reading this?! £7m for Lescott? When Matt Upson costs £8m? And Curtis Davies is valued at £10m? Neither are fit to lace his boots. Not that a) we would sell or b) he would want to sign for Newcastle.

What makes you think him or Yobo are available in the first place? Yobo turned down Arsenal last year to sign a 5 year deal and the only way Lescott is leaving Everton is if a big European club or Chelsea come in with over £15m. They are two of our best players and there's no chance in hell that a club of similar standing to us (yourselves, Spurs, Villa) could buy them.

I think you need to take a fuking chill pill tbf.

Upson isn't worth £8m, Davies is barely worth £7m and Lescott isn't worth much more, and as for the not fit to lace his boots comment, he's not John Terry.  :rolleyes:

My point being there is nothing in this league, so get off your high horse and £15m? Typical Evertonian bullshit at its finest.

We'd have to offer double figures for either Yobo or Lescott for Everton to even consider, tbh. Not that they're worth that, just that Everton would never, ever let them go for £9m, and they wouldn't leave.

Would jizz if we got someone like Yobo, like, but it's never going to happen. You're being slightly unrealistic, TT.

I think you need to take a fuking chill pill tbf.

Upson isn't worth £8m, Davies is barely worth £7m and Lescott isn't worth much more, and as for the not fit to lace his boots comment, he's not John Terry.  :rolleyes:

My point being there is nothing in this league, so get off your high horse and £15m? Typical Evertonian bullshit at its finest.

Lescott is miles ahead of that pair. If you think Davies or Upson are in the same class then you don't know football or you haven't seen him enough. You're right that Davies & Upson aren't worth their price tags but that's simply today's market for you so Lescott's will be accordingly higher.

And I'm on no high horse, all I'm saying is that you wouldn't be able to afford the current going rate for him and that you're not any better off as a club than us so wouldn't be a major attraction for the player.

If you think there is nothing available then why suggest Lescott for some fantasy world price tag in the first place?

FUK! Someone here needs some FUKIN chill pills

And how the FUK can you tell someone to come down their high horse when pretty much every post you make is delieved from the top of your extremely high horse. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Like 1878 rightfully says, your talking £10m at least just to get Moyes thinking. He is part of the Everton Core, you wont get him, Yobo, Arteta or even the likes of Cahill and Johnsen for less.

They are happy there, why should everton take less? On the flip side it would be madness to bid that high. Id take Lescott over Yobo personally, just like the look of him.

This'll be my second list in this thread, as when it was first posted, i had...

(Mark Viduka) - £0

(Joey Barton) - £5.5m

David Rozenhal - £3.3m

Nijtap Geremi - £5-6m

Leighton Baines - £5-7m

... as my list. Quite proud that me and Sam are on the same wavelength, too - Geremi and Baines not even in the picture at this point. :coolsmiley:

Anyhow, now, it won't really have changed too much. Honestly now, if Sam were to not touch the midfield and attack once more in this transfer window, i'd be more than content. We should reserve some budget for January i reckon, because we already have a very healthy front six. Performances can be reviewed in a few months time and if there is anything to change, the money's there.

I'd be more than happy to see us go all out for the defense now, seeing as we've bolstered the attack signinficantly with three very shrewd signings.

(Mark Viduka) - £0

(Joey Barton) - £5.8m

(David Rozehnal) - £2.9m

(Nijtap Geremi) - £0

Habib Beye - £3-4m

Sol Campbell - £2-3m

Wayne Bridge - £4-5m

The four signings so far are ace, offering versatilty and many options formation-wise. I know very little about Beye, but he's highly rated, experienced, and i like the sound of his versatility aswell. His ability to play right-back week-in, week-out is very appealing, seeing as we only have two players at the moment who can play there, and they're both makeshift. And considering Taylor's inexperience, Campbell's age, and Rozehnal's questionable ability - Beye would be a great member of the squad seeing as he favours a central role.

I know, it's more money being spent on an 'over the hill' defender. But Campbell's just got undoubted class for me - i like him even more than Tony Adams tbh, he's my favourite English centre-back of my lifetime. At the time of around Euro 2004, when he was playing at his peak for Arsenal, he was one of the best centre-backs in the world, and i can think of no other Premier League player better to bring Taylor on, than Campbell. Test the water with a £2m bid, see what Pompey say and see if we still appeal to the fella.

Bridge replaces Leighton Baines in my list, simply because he's seemingly available, whereas he wasn't beforehand. He's a top class left-back and is better than Ashley Cole nowadays. He shone in the first half of last season, playing regularly in a good team. He can play left-wing aswell as left-back, offering more prised versatility to the squad, and where Baines lacks experience, Bridge revels in it, in spite of a relatively young age.

Starting line-up in that case being:

----------------------------------- Given -----------------------------------

Beye ---------------- Taylor ------------ Campbell ------------- Bridge

------------------------------------ Butt ------------------------------------

--------------------- Barton ----------------- Emre -----------------------

-- Milner --------------------------------------------------------- Owen --

----------------------------------- Viduka ----------------------------------

Subs: Harper, Geremi, Rozehnal, N'Zogbia, Dyer, Martins, Ameobi

Lots of experience, lots of versatility, lots of options and lots of good players. :D

Happy to take those three names, although I think we still need two players capable of playing Left back, can we trust Babayaro to be fit when Bridge is inevitably injured?

Aye, but there's Geremi who can play down the left - Duff can fill in there aswell. Ramage too! :D

I'd let Carr go and hang onto Baba.

If Zog sorts out his problems with the management,

If Duff comes back from injury playing the football we know he can

If we sign Bridge,

An awful lot of 'ifs' there. Allardyce still need to work hard to bring in players to fit the needs of the squad atm. We aren't there yet. 

Its funny id always pick Baba to stay ahead of Carr.

Maybe because Babayaro seems less of an Arse than Carr, has less of a please punch me face.

In reality they are as bad as each other.

whilst baba is the quieter of the two though at least Carr is likely to show emotion, I think he actually knows when he is playing shit.

Get rid of both if possible.

Guest samtoonarmy

I would get rid of Carr but I would keep Baba becasue his contract expires at the end of next season and I think we do need cover at left back if we get Bridge or Baines.

Guest Verlaine

we shouldn't be looking at any players under contract at premiership clubs

there are defenders in Italy twice as good as Yobo and Lescott that we could get for £6m

You bum Italian football though because your flatemate records you the highlights off Bravo.

def need a left back,hopefully bridge but dont think we will get him.But ya never know the way chelsea are selling a player to us every wk these days!think geremi is a decent player but has being found out on occasions playing full back so prob get that beye guy seems to be gd and sam is after him apparently!