Who would you sign now?

toptoon

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Am I really reading this?! £7m for Lescott? When Matt Upson costs £8m? And Curtis Davies is valued at £10m? Neither are fit to lace his boots. Not that a) we would sell or b) he would want to sign for Newcastle.

What makes you think him or Yobo are available in the first place? Yobo turned down Arsenal last year to sign a 5 year deal and the only way Lescott is leaving Everton is if a big European club or Chelsea come in with over £15m. They are two of our best players and there's no chance in hell that a club of similar standing to us (yourselves, Spurs, Villa) could buy them.

I think you need to get real.

How much is Steven Taylor worth if they are worth that much ?Taylor being about the same age as Davies,more experienced internationally and also in the premier league.

Guest Vigge

Revolution on tyneside

Beye

Anderade

Colocini

Sneijder

Vander Vaart

Huddelstone

50 mil I'd do it in a heartbeat , 60 mil still in a heartbeat  :coolsmiley:

Andrade would be around the top class tier of CB we could hope to attract.

He is apparently available and has talked about wanting to come to the Premier league before. Ticks all the boxes skills, experience and ability wise.

Think a Hyppia or Campbell is sorely needed though, we lack solid premiership experience.

Even if we were to buy a big name, top draw CB, they would need time to bed into the premiership.

Really hoping we are in for Beye though. If we have the money why not just try and buy Bridge and Baines.

The latter still has alot to learn and Bridge is as consistent as injuring himself as he is playing well. They can also both cover the Wing if we are desperate.

Guest Vigge

In regards to my post above I think we should take a look at deportivo, I mean the clubs financial staus is nonexisistent and they have two cb which are regualrs in their nationl side, maybe not starters but always picked for the squad, which are exactly what we need. Also I mean Sneijder wants to leave Ajax according to some sources SS online etc. I think Sammy Boy should go over there tell him about his grand plans and take him over here.  O0

Prove we're serious and go in for Michael Carrick for £10m or whatever since they now have Hargreaves.

And watch Allardyce and Shepherd be literally laughed to death.

Prove we're serious and go in for Michael Carrick for £10m or whatever since they now have Hargreaves.

:lol: That would just prove that we're a joke of an outfit.

Guest Dr. Pongle

We're crying out for a creative midfielder. Something Emre was supposed to do but rarely does.

If some can pull Deco out that hat I'll be satisfied.

Guest Dr. Pongle

If some can pull Deco out that hat I'll be satisfied.

:lol:

Not going to happen.

Obviously...

Glad we're not interested in the likes of Andrade, actually. A couple of years ago, aye, it would have been an immense signing, but he'll be into his thirties come this season and as a cultured centre-back, i just feel it's the wrong time for such a significant league change. I wouldn't take to the knife if someone like him were to come through the door, obviously - because he's got an excellent track record, but i could see him being more likely to be an expensive flop, rather than a major success story. Better options out there, imo.

Glad we're not interested in the likes of Andrade, actually. A couple of years ago, aye, it would have been an immense signing, but he'll be into his thirties come this season and as a cultured centre-back, i just feel it's the wrong time for such a significant league change. I wouldn't take to the knife if someone like him were to come through the door, obviously - because he's got an excellent track record, but i could see him being more likely to be an expensive flop, rather than a major success story. Better options out there, imo.

For £6.7m, I think he'd have been a snip tbh. We're thin on the ground for CH's and he'd have been a great addition personally.