Tuncay apparently signs for Boro

KaKa

Guest TheOrder

Another tedious link by Kaka.

'HaHa Luk At ME i TYP PLayer'S NAMes iN GOOGLE AnD sEE wat I get, PPL wILL LUV ME'

What's he (and Nihat before that) done that merits the hype?

Nihat was a top quality striker in Spain before failing a medical to some Russian club for around 20 million euro's, still a good player after that but his dodgy knee's have ruined his career.

Tuncay is excellent, he's like Milner with Dyer's pace, far better than Duff and N'Zogbia although whether he would adapt to the Premiership is another thing.

Guest TheOrder

As I said before, I watch tons of La Liga, lived there for a while, Nihat had one good season.

You went to Benidorm for a fortnight, don't lie.

I lived there for 5 months. When we were first linked with Luque, I couldn't believe it because he genuinely was a class act in La Liga over a period of time. Nihat had one good year (2003-4 was it when they finished 2nd or 3rd?), and that's about it.

Another tedious link by Kaka.

'HaHa Luk At ME i TYP PLayer'S NAMes iN GOOGLE AnD sEE wat I get, PPL wILL LUV ME'

What is tedious is you stalking me ...

I just found it embarrassing that people were trying to imply that only Newcastle and Birmingham were after him and therefore he wasn't that good, when hardly anyone has seen enough of him and none of us could ever really know which clubs were chasing him.

That site clearly shows that there might indeed be much better clubs who are also interested. I am surprised you needed me to spell that all out for you, as it was fairly obvious really. Then again you are clearly an idiot.

I lived there for 5 months. When we were first linked with Luque, I couldn't believe it because he genuinely was a class act in La Liga over a period of time. Nihat had one good year (2003-4 was it when they finished 2nd or 3rd?), and that's about it.

He's right tbh, they just missed out on the league with Kovacevic and Nihat been the deadly partnership and since then Sociedad have struggled which ultimately meant Nihat did too and we all know that the Villarreal move hasn't been a success.

Guest TheOrder

I was just joking.

Aye, same here, i was like "No fucking way he's coming here, way bigger then us"

Then we signed him AND Owen, the biggest mistake in their careers and two of the biggest flops in our history :lol:

Aye, same here, i was like "No f****** way he's coming here, way bigger then us"

Then we signed him AND Owen, the biggest mistake in their careers and two of the biggest flops in our history :lol:

aye righto

Nihat had one very good season (alongside Kovacevic the year they nearly won the league), hasn't pulled up many trees apart from that. Tuncay is a good player but not exactly a world-beater is he?

exactly, loads of people always go on about how good this player is but how many people actually watch the Turkish league regularly to make that judgement. Seem many go by youtube clips (where anyone can be made to look class) or play FM too much. People on here cream their pants everytime his name is mentioned

As for Nihat. I remember exactly the same situation where loads of fans were clamouring for us to sign him. Thank fk we didn't eh

Can't claim to watch much Turkish league football but the few times I've seen Tuncay in europe he's looked decent. Can play across the middle and upfront and would add versatility. With no fee involved not much of a risk, if it doesn't work out we could sell him back to a Turkish club. On a free, why not?

Tuncay has never impressed me. He seems to be very much a highlight reel player and you have to question if he is so good why is he playing in the Turkish league at 25.

I just found it embarrassing that people were trying to imply that only Newcastle and Birmingham were after him and therefore he wasn't that good

The reason people are mentioning Birmingham is they & Newcastle were the only clubs mentioned in your original link. I am still looking for the Emre link you mentioned, I did "CTRL & F"  & was still unable to find a mention of Emre on Timesonline. Do you think just maybe the Madrid & Milan links are more than likely agent stories pumped into the media, to push clubs like Brum & us into action.

I just found it embarrassing that people were trying to imply that only Newcastle and Birmingham were after him and therefore he wasn't that good

The reason people are mentioning Birmingham is they & Newcastle were the only clubs mentioned in your original link. I am still looking for the Emre link you mentioned, I did "CTRL & F"  & was still unable to find a mention of Emre on Timesonline. Do you think just maybe the Madrid & Milan links are more than likely agent stories pumped into the media, to push clubs like Brum & us into action.

There's no mention of Emre in the article, but I remember him and Tuncay looked good friends before the Fener match, having a proper chinwag before kick off. Its an logical assumption for people to make that he would be influencial in Sanli coming here.

Im sure I read something linking him to Arsenal the other day, but that was probably you normal 2+2=5 story from journalist combining the fact that he's on a free and that Wenger made a comment about him being a future star a few years ago.

What happened to Ilhan Manzis? He made some spectacular stuff in the world cup 2002 and many clubs were after him. I remember him doing som cracking dribbling around Roberto Carlos.

What happened to Ilhan Manzis? He made some spectacular stuff in the world cup 2002 and many clubs were after him. I remember him doing som cracking dribbling around Roberto Carlos.

Moved to the J-League, is in his mid 30's now I think

Edit: I've gotten it horribly wrong according to wiki.  Only 31, retired, came out of retirement and is still playing in Turkey.  Yeesh. 

Moved to the J-League, is in his mid 30's now I think

Edit: I've gotten it horribly wrong according to wiki.  Only 31, retired, came out of retirement and is still playing in Turkey.  Yeesh. 

ty , interesting. Probably nothing for us then.. ;-)