Chelsea have increased their bid for Chimbonda

Martin Lol

b) Spurs wouldnt turn down that wedge for a 30 year old

He turned 28 less than 4 months ago.

Apologies just read the first post and responded to that. Still dont think this is true like. If it were true then 11m is too much and is he really good enough for Chelsea?

IMO he is the most underated right sided defender in the prem.  And prob one of the top 3

Might very well be the best in the league. Not sure I can think of anyone who is better.

Probably one of the main reasons for Spurs' excellent defensive record last season tbh.

Turned down 11m  ;D

Glen Johnson really does seem to get a bad rap, but he does have potential. He is very good going forward but not the best defender.

We probably need someone a bit more solid defensively considering the overall state of our defence.

He's an overrated bellend imo.

correct.

Chimbonda is a good player but he's only worth about £6m.

Hardly young either. Anything over £7m would be very good business, turning down £11m is lunacy.

Sheer lunacy.... If the offer came in just before the window closed, then they might have an excuse. Could easily replace Chimbonda twice over with that kind of money.

Don't believe it for a second. Not that Chelsea wouldn't spend that much on him, but that Spurs would reject it. Insane.

........... for Chimbonda to £11m.

It's been turned down but Levy thought a long time about it.  Won't take much for him to say yes.

A lot of money for a RB who is nearly 30.

You mean as you were watching through the window the held his chin with one hand, pulled a pained expression and held it for a number of minutes before going "Nah!"

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/3138/ernestothinkingvd9.jpg

Guest Triglett

£11m is a high bid, but I don't think anyone wants to see our backline torn apart yet again and another season of rebuilding. We've already strengthened with Bale and Kaboul, but a replacement for Chimbonda is one signing too much. And there aren't many better RBs around. Over priced, but not overrated.

Guest Ridzuan

11m for Chimbonda? You got to be kidding right.I cant believe Chelsea of all clubs is willing to pay that amount of money for player like Chimbonda.

........... for Chimbonda to £11m.

It's been turned down but Levy thought a long time about it.  Won't take much for him to say yes.

A lot of money for a RB who is nearly 30.

You mean as you were watching through the window the held his chin with one hand, pulled a pained expression and held it for a number of minutes before going "Nah!"

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/3138/ernestothinkingvd9.jpg

:lol:

Glen Johnson really does seem to get a bad rap, but he does have potential. He is very good going forward but not the best defender.

We probably need someone a bit more solid defensively considering the overall state of our defence.

He's an overrated bellend imo.

did he not steal a toilet seat once :idiot2:

Surprised about the doubt of an £11m bid tbh.  It was 3 weeks ago it was widely reported (1 of numerous links below) about the £10m bid which was turned down.  The only thing I'm surprised really is that the improved bid wasn't accepted.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=457495&in_page_id=1779

Chelsea's £10m bid for Chimbonda is tempting for Jol

By SIMON CASS

Last updated at 16:56pm on 25th May 2007

Chelsea have lodged a £10million bid for Tottenham’s Pascal Chimbonda. Jose Mourinho has identified Chimbonda as the man to fill the problem right-back position at Stamford Bridge after being impressed by the France defender’s debut season at Spurs.

And while Martin Jol would be reluctant to lose his talented defender, Sportsmail understands that the chance to make a £5m profit on the player who moved from Wigan last summer may be too good to turn down.

Mourinho has turned to Chimbonda after uninspiring performances at right back by Paulo Ferreira, Khalid Boulahrouz and Geremi this season.

Although Glen Johnson will return to Chelsea after a season on loan at Portsmouth, he is likely to play understudy to Chimbonda should the bid be successful.

Chimbonda has been a regular in Jol’s starting line-up this season, making 49 appearances in all competitions, and he has revealed his desire to stay with Spurs.

He said: "I’m very happy at Tottenham and really enjoyed my first season with the club. I hope that continues next year. I’m totally focused on Tottenham and have three years left on my contract."

Meanwhile, Tottenham’s path to the £6m capture of Southampton left back Gareth Bale appears to have been cleared with Manchester United unwilling to match their bid.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is a committed fan of the 17-year-old Wales defender, but considers a transfer fee which could rise to £10m to be too expensive.

Dont believe this story for a second :

a) Abramovich said they were spending nothing this summer

b) Spurs wouldnt turn down that wedge for a 30 year old

c) This poster rarely has ITK stories which actually happen

We get the lowdown on the details after deals have gone through though :lol:

And normally these lowdowns, when it concerns a player MJ was adament was off to Spurs, goes along the lines of, "Spurs offered £7m and £1m in each of the next 3 years and £25k a week wages, but *INSERT CLUB NAME* offered £12m up front and £50k a week".