Thierry Henry Spotted in Spurs Shirt...

GeordieDazzler

Essentially 0% chance of that happeneing. If it was a Lakers or Knicks game however...

In fact two years ago in a play off game I was watching the Lakers on TV and some bloke in the front courtside was wearing a Newcastle top... I have no idea who the person was but they must have had serious money, connections or both to get that seat (5 feet from the players bench). Also he was wearing the 99-01 Brown Ale shirt (?) eventhough it was 2005.

Essentially 0% chance of that happeneing. If it was a Lakers or Knicks game however...

In fact two years ago in a play off game I was watching the Lakers on TV and some bloke in the front courtside was wearing a Newcastle top... I have no idea who the person was but they must have had serious money, connections or both to get that seat (5 feet from the players bench). Also he was wearing the 99-01 Brown Ale shirt (?) eventhough it was 2005.

I once saw a bloke wearing the same kit on that shower of shit program, "Cheaters".  He was just in the background, but I thought it was funny.

You exaggerate me thinks. I'd say the opposite, 0% that he could go unidentified.

Arena filled with sports fans at a postseason game--- don't care if you are deep in the heart of Texas or wherever, this is Henry we are talking about.... That said,  the odds of a Spurs striker going unnoticed would be pretty decent actually.

Arena filled with sports fans at a postseason game in Cleveland, OHIO. OHIO.

Same difference. Anywhere in the United States--- in the world really. Henry is not going to go unrecognized in an arena full of sports fans. Even in OHIO. OHIO.

Same difference. Anywhere in the United States--- in the world really. Henry is not going to go unrecognized in an arena full of sports fans. Even in OHIO. OHIO.

Have you been to the "Flyover" states? Outside of the major metropolitan areas you'd be hard pressed to find a more provincial unworldly non-cosmopolitan group of people anywhere in the developed world.

Have you been to the "Flyover" states? Outside of the major metropolitan areas you'd be hard pressed to find a more provincial unworldly non-cosmopolitan group of people anywhere in the developed world.

Since when is the ability to identify Thierry Henry a sign of cosmopolitianism? He's a f****** footballer for Christsakes.

In any case, we're not talking about a shopping mall in Lubbock, Texas or Akron, Ohio. It is a sports arena in the post season.

Since when is the ability to identify Thierry Henry a sign of cosmopolitianism? He's a f****** footballer for Christsakes.

In any case, we're not talking about a shopping mall in Lubbock, Texas or Akron, Ohio. It is a sports arena in the post season.

Let's be honest, I wouldn't recognise 99.99% of America's top sports stars (Baseball, Basketball, Ice Hockey, American Football, etc). A lot of Footballers go on holiday to the US because they can walk around without much hassle (the only people who recognise them are tourists).

Such a Californian thing to say.

They have professional football clubs in Ohio, not to mention television.  At least a few people are going to recognize Thierry Henry FFS.

The postseason attracts a lot of fans who don't know anything about what they're watching, just want to be involved in the playoffs.

The postseason attracts a lot of fans who don't know anything about what they're watching, just want to be involved in the playoffs.

or finals

Guest toon tone rudeboy

Surprised he was there.  He is said to be a friend of Spike Jones (the director of Malcolm X) who is a die-hard knicks fan. 

I would be friends with Tony Parker if that meant spending time with Eva Longoria...

As for anyone recognizing him.  I would bet that if there was anyone in that arena who could recognize them, I would be able to count them on both of my hands.  Americans would have identified Rooney before Henry.  Then again, they would identify Rooney before anyone on the US national team ffs!

First of all, that's Spike LEE, not Spike Jones.

Secondly, yep, I'd be interested in Eva too ;).

And finally, thanks for taking the piss out of LUBBOCK, Tx, where my parents are moving to this year. :(

I'm gonna be visiting them almost every year, fills me with even less pride than it did before.

First of all, that's Spike LEE, not Spike Jones.

Secondly, yep, I'd be interested in Eva too ;).

And finally, thanks for taking the piss out of LUBBOCK, Tx, where my parents are moving to this year. :(

I'm gonna be visiting them almost every year, fills me with even less pride than it did before.

Actually, you ought to proud of Lubbock, Texas.  Home town of Buddy Holly,  Joe Ely, Jimmie Dale Gilmore and a lot of damn f****** great  music.

I just picked a place in Texas where I'd imagine that the vast majority of folks couldn't give a rat's ass about Thierry Henry. That's not meant to be a strike against them. Personally, I don't take following football to be a sign of high culture.

Edit: Also, I understand that Spike Lee is supposed to be an Arsenal fan himself.