Relegation odds

Guest Invicta_Toon

Wigan are a cast iron certainty to go down. I also think Bolton may very well go down, tbh.

The other place will be one of Birmingham (please God, please), Derby, Sunderland (if they don't buy well), or (if they dont get taken over) quite possibly Man City.

bolton might be a good bet

Worth an outside punt imo. Could well fall to bits without the guy who's got them where they are.

Certainly wouldn't be surprised if Sammy Lee doesn't last the season.

Bolton's signings hardly fill you with hope for them either.

Gavin McCann is now a has been and J Lloyd Samuel is a never was been. Also rumblings about Jussi rejecting a new contract and leaving them for Villa or Sunderland. Ben Haim has already gone and I wouldn't be suprised if Anelka spits his dummy out.

Worth an outside punt imo. Could well fall to bits without the guy who's got them where they are.

Gavin McCann is now a has been and J Lloyd Samuel is a never was been. Also rumblings about Jussi rejecting a new contract and leaving them for Villa or Sunderland. Ben Haim has already gone and I wouldn't be suprised if Anelka spits his dummy out.

I'd argue he was a 'never was' personally.  :lol:

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Bolton struggle next season but there's still enough left there for them to go down.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Bolton struggle next season but there's still enough left there for them to go down.

Got a cap off Sven anarl iirc. Jesus wept!

Got a cap off Sven anarl iirc. Jesus wept!

He did aye! He's always looked like a plodder imo. The midfield equivalent of Aaron Hughes. A 100%er but very limited.

I feel qualified to speak on both the aforementioned, messrs McCann and Hughes. Thank Christ the first has gone, and thank him even more the second is going (to Fulham, signing on Monday, apparently).

As for Jussi (mentioned above), I'd love us to sign him. Easily the best goalkeeping performance I saw last season.

In the same way that you lot see the exit of Bramble as a sign of positive changes, we feel the same way about McCann, Hughes and Samuel.

I feel qualified to speak on both the aforementioned, messrs McCann and Hughes. Thank Christ the first has gone, and thank him even more the second is going (to Fulham, signing on Monday, apparently).

As for Jussi (mentioned above), I'd love us to sign him. Easily the best goalkeeping performance I saw last season.

In the same way that you lot see the exit of Bramble as a sign of positive changes, we feel the same way about McCann, Hughes and Samuel.

So you can't spell his name either? Good keeper but should change his name to Smith tbh.

Reckon Sunderland and Birmingham will comfortable stay up. Two teams with finances and already potential in their squad; though while the Mackems have still some fair bob to spend, if they bring in more Greg Halfords for that sort of price (as they usually do in the Premiership), they'll be down again within two years.

Wigan, Derby and Fulham (finally) for me. 'Dark horse' would be Boro, especially if they lose Yakubu.

Guest graemeh72

Derby, man city plus one other

makems won't go down - roy keane factor

Is Roy Keane suddenly a world class manager? :lol:

As much as I hate the bloke, and as much as it pains me to say it - i have a lot of respect for the cunt!

Not world class but I think that he has potential to be .... it feels wrong saying that!

he's had one season man.

i'm also judging him on other characteristics seen over 15 years or so

if he doesn't turn out to be a class manager then i'll show my arse in fenwicks window

i fucking hate the cunt mind - but he's one of those cunts that doesn't tend to fail

Guest nufc_geordie

Can't see Birmingham going down to be honest. Looks like the takeover with the Asian guy is going to go through any day now, and he has promised funds for new players. Birmingham (although a sh*thole in my opinion) is still this countries second city and may well attract decent players.

I would opt for Derby, Fulham and Middlesbrough/Bolton.

Guest Darth Toon

Doesn't look good for Wigan I reckon - they only just survived this time round, have replaced a decent manager with a shite one, and their big summer signings are Titus and Sibierski - could finish bottom by some way.

Others in the mixer are Boro, Derby and Fulham, and people really shouldn't underestimate the mackems' capacity for disaster - seem to be struggling to attract any decent players, and a bad start could quickly wipe out their current positivity. We've yet to see how Keane responds to real pressure too - isn't exactly renowned for his emotional stability is he??

Doesn't look good for Wigan I reckon - they only just survived this time round, have replaced a decent manager with a s**** one, and their big summer signings are Titus and Sibierski - could finish bottom by some way.

Others in the mixer are Boro, Derby and Fulham, and people really shouldn't underestimate the mackems' capacity for disaster - seem to be struggling to attract any decent players, and a bad start could quickly wipe out their current positivity. We've yet to see how Keane responds to real pressure too - isn't exactly renowned for his emotional stability is he??

good post

you're spot on about wigan like, they're doomed for me

keane's stability was something i said at the very start - how will he react when things go badly?  not renowned for it is he?

Guest graemeh72

Derby, man city plus one other

makems won't go down - roy keane factor

The same Roy Keane that was relegated with Nottingham Forest?

Are you trying to make a valid and mature point here?

If yes then please explain in more detail