Kanoute

stozo

WE definately need a 3rd quality striker in the side as cover for owen and viduka.  I think that viduka can only be relied on to play 70% of the season at most. 

Personally i doubt that owen and martins will be a good pairing in the premiership.  Both are probably better alongside a tall striker with physical presence; and there still no guarantee that mickey will be on tyneside for the whole season.

Kanoute is a very skillful player with decent finish.  His finishing and movement against spurs and in uefa cup final proves he would be an asset.

Think he may not settle here, but hes a short term fix till we are rolling in champ L money.

No thanks. Plays when he wants to; we already have Viduka so we don't need another of that ilk. I don't see us spending big money on a striker unless Owen or Martins goes (although I'd like to see us go for Gudjonsen).

Sam needs to make in rounds with the defence.

WE definately need a 3rd quality striker in the side as cover for owen and viduka.  I think that viduka can only be relied on to play 70% of the season at most. 

Personally i doubt that owen and martins will be a good pairing in the premiership.  Both are probably better alongside a tall striker with physical presence; and there still no guarantee that mickey will be on tyneside for the whole season.

Kanoute is a very skillful player with decent finish.  His finishing and movement against spurs and in uefa cup final proves he would be an asset.

Think he may not settle here, but hes a short term fix till we are rolling in champ L money.

Michael Owen, Mark Viduka, Obafemi Martins, Shola Ameobi and Andy Carroll clearly not enough for some people. Baring in mind that we'll probably be playing a 4-3-3, so you can throw Milner/Duff into that list of names aswell.

If we go out and buy another striker now, presuming no one leaves, we're fucking loonies.

Michael Owen, Mark Viduka, Obafemi Martins, Shola Ameobi and Andy Carroll clearly not enough for some people. Baring in mind that we'll probably be playing a 4-3-3, so you can throw Milner/Duff into that list of names aswell.

If we go out and buy another striker now, presuming no one leaves, we're fucking loonies.

Agreed, if we have to add to the strikeforce I'd rather we sort the defence out first, unless one of the current forwards leave, which in all honesty I really hope isn't the case (I see some people on here are interested in swapping Owen for... Rigters).

Guest Toon83

Allardyce has already spoken about his need for defenders making that a priority area after the signings of Viduka and Barton, the only reason we will sign another striker is if Michael Owen goes and if he does indeed leave it will be El Hadji Diouf not Kanoute who comes in to fill the gap, which will be good for a 4-3-3 system

one of which is injury prone and has completely wasted his ability, isn't enough either.

When did we resign Bellamy?

you mean the best player with the most desire at the club who played over 50 games with an injured knee, who propelled a mid table team into one that played in the Champions League  ?

I realise you will ignore that, simply because he fell out with an arsehole of a manager though, preferreing nice boys who put the shirt on, stroll around for 90 minutes and then walk off again, believing they are playing for the club.

Ameobi is shit though.

Quality not quantity.

Owen and Martins will struggle to play together, Owen doesn't see his future at Newcastle and Martins blows hot and cold.

Which means if Viduka is injured, all we have is a young striker who has hardly played yet.

one of which is injury prone and has completely wasted his ability, isn't enough either.

When did we resign Bellamy?

you mean the best player with the most desire at the club who played over 50 games with an injured knee, who propelled a mid table team into one that played in the Champions League  ?

I realise you will ignore that, simply because he fell out with an arsehole of a manager though, preferreing nice boys who put the shirt on, stroll around for 90 minutes and then walk off again, believing they are playing for the club.

On his own?!

If we go out and buy another striker now, presuming no one leaves, we're f****** loonies.

Ameobi is s*** though.

Quality not quantity.

Owen and Martins will struggle to play together, Owen doesn't see his future at Newcastle and Martins blows hot and cold.

Which means if Viduka is injured, all we have is a young striker who has hardly played yet.

Owen, Viduka, Martins and Ameobi are one of the best group of strikers in the Premiership next season if they all stay.

Well during the African Cup of Nations Newcastle will be hit pretty hard with both Martins and Kanoute leaving, so I think we should get another more younger striker.

Kanoute plays for Sevilla.

Ameobi is shit though.

Quality not quantity.

Or, on the other hand:

Ameobi isn't shit. He's a steady yet unspectacular centre-forward who'll get you the odd goals and on the whole do a decent job when called upon, and a fecking decent option for fourth choice.

Owen and Martins might click, but then we'll be playing 4-3-3 anyway and one of them might be dropped/they could work like that anyway. No one will buy Owen at the moment and Martins is currently developing, another 17 goals from him would be fine with me.

As Baggio said, the striking line-up we've got at the moment is arguably the best in the Premiership, atleast for the short term.

I love how some people are suggesting that a player who has been leading the attack for a team that challenged for La Liga, qualified for the CL and won the UEFA cup would be happy to come here to take Shola's place on the bench.

Well during the African Cup of Nations Newcastle will be hit pretty hard with both Martins and Kanoute leaving, so I think we should get another more younger striker.

Kanoute plays for Sevilla.

He also plays for Mali and if they get into the 2008 African cup of Nations then we'll be missing two quality strikers if he signs.

During the last round of the Bellamy saga, I think I made it clear that I saw Bellamy as part of attacking unit that was built around Shearer, guys like Nobby,Dyer, Jenas & Robert who I think did not mention last time. The man who came in & built this team around the clubs most effective goalscorer deserves the most credit, next the guy who scores the most goals &  maybe then Given or Bellers.

Look at the words I quoted "injury prone and has completely wasted his ability". Injury prone - His knee's were goosed & he had two major knee ops  - I class that as bit prone to injury. Wasted - Lets see where he is playing football next season & see if he has left another big club for the 2nd time(I am classing us a big club). 

Guest samtoonarmy

Sevilla want £6.7m for Kanoute. There is no way that Kanoute is worth that much. He is coming to the end of his career and he is over-rated and past his best. Fair enough he did score 21 goals last season but I reckon we shouldn't blow £6.7m on him.

O0

its starting to look very likely that owen and martins will be leaving.

So VIduka and kanoute +carroll + 15m striker.  Loan ameobi out.

SHould be enough cover, as viduka will miss 40% the season, given his injury record.

You mean loan Carroll out surely?

Doubt there is anything in the Kanoute rumours, up grade on Ameobi but for that kind of money we could buy a better fit to reshape our front line.

Carroll cannot stay with us he needs experiance with a team in the Championship, someone like Sheff Wed where he stands a chance of getting some good first team action