Madman attempts to murder Oba!

Baggio

Wasn't even his fault he couldn't make it for the game, was it? Something like they wouldn't let him board the plane in Amsterdam cos of an out-of-date Visa? Something like that, i'm sure...

Stop chatting shit, he wanted to go and see his sick mother instead of play for Nigeria, so the Nigerian FA went bonkers.

Wasn't even his fault he couldn't make it for the game, was it? Something like they wouldn't let him board the plane in Amsterdam cos of an out-of-date Visa? Something like that, i'm sure...

Stop chatting shit, he wanted to go and see his sick mother instead of play for Nigeria, so the Nigerian FA went bonkers.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007240519,00.html

Stop chatting shit

Go fuck yourself. :)

and you lot said he didnt have pace...man can outrun gunmen/bullets...too soon?

all jokes aside, thank god hes okay - thats terribly scary.  He needs to turn his back on the nigerian team, cant say id play for my country after i was shot at in my home town.

It's probably a double-edged sword if he retires from International football. On the one hand, he doesn't have to go back, but on the other hand, it will make these people even more upset....assuming that is why they shot up his car. Thank goodness he's ok.

“I am not running away from armed robbers but people who want to take the life of Obafemi Martins."

Pop quiz: Who has obviously spent too much time together with Oba?

On a more serious note, im glad he is ok. Must have been shit scary. I know I would just crumble up shivering in a pond of my own piss if it was me in that situation. Nigeria IS a dangreous place. I work with a chief officer at a supplyvessel who got kidnapped in Nigeria near Lagos. Crazy people.

“I am not running away from armed robbers but people who want to take the life of Obafemi Martins."

Pop quiz: Who has obviously spent too much time together with Oba?

On a more serious note, im glad he is ok. Must have been s*** scary. I know I would just crumble up shivering in a pond of my own piss if it was me in that situation. Nigeria IS a dangreous place. I work with a chief officer at a supplyvessel who got kidnapped in Nigeria near Lagos. Crazy people.

you ain't wrong, i got out of there just before the kidnappings started in earnest and i thank my lucky blue stars everyday i'm not having to go back there

crazy people/country sums it up

Guest Gemmill

Imagine how wide his eyes would have gone when they pulled the guns out.  It's a wonder they didn't plop out onto his lap.

Guest teepee

Imagine how wide his eyes would have gone when they pulled the guns out.  It's a wonder they didn't plop out onto his lap.

the imagine him dashing away at near lightspeed with those eyes 8)

serisously though - pretty scary stuff for oba, what a fucked up thing to happen. glad he is alright though...

Guest Brazilianbob

These gunmen obviously learnt their trade at the same school as Oba, how on earth did they miss from that range!

Nigeria is one messed up country. 

ofcourse this could have been a revenge act by GR blaming oba for us not scoring in uefa cup game, and thus losing the players and eventually his job.

tbh this could act in our favour, if he is put off appearing in internationals for a while.

Guest Armchair Pundit

Christ, no wonder Oba keeps going in to hiding! That's some nasty sh*te that, bloody backwards countries ;)

Nigeria is one messed up country. 

ofcourse this could have been a revenge act by GR blaming oba for us not scoring in uefa cup game, and thus losing the players and eventually his job.

tbh this could act in our favour, if he is put off appearing in internationals for a while.

The fact that it didn't work is proof that GR was behind it.

All joking aside, I hope he gets his family out of Nigeria as soon as possible. Homeland or not, the day people start trying to kill you is the day you leave for good.