Entire board to be booted out

Dave

Guest Martin

Wenger loves Arsenal as much as Henry does so neither would consider working/playing for another Premier League outfit.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I can see this being a very frustrating summer. Big Sam will not be given huge funds this summer as he is not Ashleys main man. We will have a similar situation to the one at Chelsea with Ranieri when Roman took over.

Wengers contract finishes next year and he will want another challenge. Ashley knows this and this is where the Dein link comes in. The millions Ashley will be able to throw at him will be very appealing to Arsene who has worked his magic wheeling and dealing.

I am not the new Crumpy Gunt, but unless Ashley comes out and publicly backs Big Sam i fear the worst

Considering Ranieri signed Johnson, Bridge, Duff, Geremi, Makelele, Crespo, Mutu before agreeing to sign Cech & Robben, it's hardly a good comparison!

Ambamovich had final say over these transfers and because they were all world names or best english talent at the time, he allowed them.

He wanted instant success which is why he chucked money at Ranieri, he was reckless but could afford to be. Ashley is more strategic. I actually think a better example would be Roeder funnily enough. Never really given money to improve where he knew we needed to improve, FFS was keeping his chequebook for Big Sam

Guest sicko2ndbest

Ashley is more strategic.

Your source of this info is....?

Nobody knows how Cashley works yet!

The same source you guys keep reading about 'source close to Ashley says......'

I am only going on the information that we have all been reading about him overviewing the clubs running before splashing the cash.

Dont worry i am no ITK wannabe

Guest Guinness

I can see this being a very frustrating summer. Big Sam will not be given huge funds this summer as he is not Ashleys main man. We will have a similar situation to the one at Chelsea with Ranieri when Roman took over.

Wengers contract finishes next year and he will want another challenge. Ashley knows this and this is where the Dein link comes in. The millions Ashley will be able to throw at him will be very appealing to Arsene who has worked his magic wheeling and dealing.

I am not the new Crumpy Gunt, but unless Ashley comes out and publicly backs Big Sam i fear the worst

Considering Ranieri signed Johnson, Bridge, Duff, Geremi, Makelele, Crespo, Mutu before agreeing to sign Cech & Robben, it's hardly a good comparison!

Ambamovich had final say over these transfers and because they were all world names or best english talent at the time, he allowed them.

He wanted instant success which is why he chucked money at Ranieri, he was reckless but could afford to be. Ashley is more strategic. I actually think a better example would be Roeder funnily enough. Never really given money to improve where he knew we needed to improve, FFS was keeping his chequebook for Big Sam

Don't agree that Shephered was saving money for the next manager, I think it was far more simple in the sense that we simply had no money. Ever since Sir Bob was sacked the club has been losing money and with the amount Souness spent along with the size of the wage bill our budget was always going to be minimal. For me this highlights just how much we needed this takeover, with the amount of money being thrown around at the moment we'd struggle to keep up without this cash injection. While little is known about Ashley, the success he has had in business indicates he is no fool, surely he recognises the importance of getting the re-building of the club right.

I have to say I don't agree with the perception that Ashley will only give Allardyce one season - Ashley's "Strategic Review" will reveal the structural issues we have debated endlessly, and Allardyce's track record suggests there are few better managers around to overhaul a club...

Even if you were to take the view that a more successful (or whatever criteria you like) manager would be more suitable for the "New Newcastle United", it makes sense to allow Allardyce two or three seasons to restructure the club.

Guest sittingontheball

Great news, soured only by the great big payoffs they'll get. Another 800k for Douggie the useless tw@t.

Thank you Mike Ashley.

I have to say I don't agree with the perception that Ashley will only give Allardyce one season - Ashley's "Strategic Review" will reveal the structural issues we have debated endlessly, and Allardyce's track record suggests there are few better managers around to overhaul a club...

Even if you were to take the view that a more successful (or whatever criteria you like) manager would be more suitable for the "New Newcastle United", it makes sense to allow Allardyce two or three seasons to restructure the club.

Agree with that, and also believe the clean sweep at higher levels was a necessary part of the process. Great news.

Things are turning full circle, we looked to be in a woeful position as the season ended.

Do you think there's a chance that Ashley will break Freddie's sword, strip off his epaulettes, and make him do a walk of shame down Grey Street, with everyone turning their backs on him.

Let's start a petition.

shepard has put so much money in this club but the managers havnt made the most of it

if he had 2 go then it wouldnt bother me only if ashley came in!   bluelaugh.gif  NOT! sack the board

Guest sicko2ndbest

Freddy shepherd are you listening

Douglas hall are you listening

Biggest knobs alive, now get your p45s

walking in an Ashley wonderland

shepard has put so much money in this club but the managers havnt made the most of it

if he had 2 go then it wouldnt bother me only if ashley came in!   bluelaugh.gif 

I really hope that's sarcasm.

Guest graemeh72

Yes we do.

He sells brand names (Owen,Adidas,Martins, Nike) at hugely discounted prices, next to shite (Donnay, Ramage,Lonsdale,Babba).

That statement dumbs down his operation somewhat...

He buys cheap "brands", and stocks them in his own chain of stores.

He then buys well known brands, then heavily discounts their products to consumers through the door of his chain.

Who then buy all of his branded goods ....

Sounds ok to me

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

As some have been saying, it would be stupid for your new owner to only give Allardyce one season. Newcastle need a couple of seasons before they can properly compete with the big boys again imo and Allardyce is a very good manager but he needs time; he didn't do what he did at Bolton overnight, it took him years. Giving Allardyce at least 3 seasons would be the best option for you imo, unless he does something incredibly stupid.

Yes we do.

He sells brand names (Owen,Adidas,Martins, Nike) at hugely discounted prices, next to s**** (Donnay, Ramage,Lonsdale,Babba).

That statement dumbs down his operation somewhat...

I would say it show the simplistic way in which he operates.

Ashley is also looking to sack/remove the board of Blacks as well

Link http://business.guardian.co.uk/story/0,,2109230,00.html