Entire board to be booted out

Dave

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/chroniclelive/eveningchronicle/tm_headline=ashley-to-wield-toon-axe%26method=full%26objectid=19344693%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

Douglas Hall can expect at least £827,092, while the other board members are looking at a minimum of around £60,000 to £70,000 each.

I love it when people come up with really really accurate numbers like £827,092, makes yuo feel confident they've worked things out very very carefully.

Except it was the boys at Thompson House so they got it wrong.

Hall and Shepherd are on 2 year's notice, so they get two year's worth of salary from our club. Last year the club changed their accounts which meant it was only a 11-month year. Because of that Douglas was only reported as getting 11/12ths of his £450,000 salary, or £413,546. If you take that figure and double it you get the figure quoted of £827,092. Sadly for all but one, concerned Hall will actually get £900,000 as a pay off.

It is widely believed he will do a much work in the next two years as he has in the previous 5, so he is probably justified in the amoutn paid.

He will also received about £90,000 in payments in to his pension fund.

Shepeherd's numbers are £500k per year.

They always put the club first, and never, ever took a penny out that wasn't totally deserved. Just keep in your head that from the season ticket money paid in for next season from roughly 1000 fans will be paying it straight to Shepherd, another 1000 paying it straight to Douglas Hall. Don't ever forget their true legacy.

Indeed - and how many board members of public companies are on two years notice - there would be a lynching at most AGMs if they got away with that.

And how many public companies manage to exist with one independent non executive director - who is in fact the personal tax advisor of one of the other directors so er maybe isn't really very independent at all.

If Ashley has put together a fixed amount of money which he is going to spend on the club, I would guess that he has.  Then the two parasites are taking even more money from the club.  Almost £2 million in compensation for losing the jobs which they gave themselves and the extra £300k Shepherd gained by haggling for an extra penny. 

Supporters my arse.

Does this look like a good description of our directors?

An organism that grows, feeds, and is sheltered on or in a different organism while contributing nothing to the survival of its host.

Guest khyberpass

Just happy the gits are gone!

more concerning is who Ashley brings in....

I think Dein is unfortunately a non - starter.

Sir Bob is now too ill to aid the restructuring process.

We need someone who knows the workings of the football world; more importantly the transfer world...

No idea who!

Guest LucaAltieri

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/3341/getincu0.png

:clap: O0

Is the guy on the left from the Joy of sex books?

Edit Oh I forget, Get the fuck in!

David Blunket isn't it?

Guest thaitoon

well theres one man who still lives and operates out of newcastle, like him or hate him hes the "football "man newcastle will certainly need at boardroom level...freddie fletcher

well theres one man who still lives and operates out of newcastle, like him or hate him hes the "football "man newcastle will certainly need at boardroom level...freddie fletcher

You CANNOT be serious ! This is the man who caused some fans to lose their seats after a Club promise that they would retain them for 10 years after purchasing a Bond - also, he was SORRY that Gullit resigned, and wanted Captain Lager as manager. A more charmless and ruthless individual would be hard to find.

Was behind a furious row with Dalglish after going behind his back to Press in order to scupper Gillespie's transfer to Boro for 3.5m.

We do NOT - repeat - NOT - want Fletcher back at SJP

You CANNOT be serious ! This is the man who caused some fans to lose their seats after a Club promise that they would retain them for 10 years after purchasing a Bond - also, he was SORRY that Gullit resigned, and wanted Captain Lager as manager. A more charmless and ruthless individual would be hard to find.

Was behind a furious row with Dalglish after going behind his back to Press in order to scupper Gillespie's transfer to Boro for 3.5m.

I'm more inclined to think that the was the man who did the Board's dirty work for them. Yes, he was the man who got rid of Dalglish, but Dalglish wanted out and was spoiling for a fight. Dalglish accused him of leaking to the press, but he denied it. His favoured candidate afterwards was Sir Bob, and they remained friends for a long time afterwards.

He's a tough operator, but things went downhill after he left. I think he's a pretty straight sort of bloke, and I'd be happy to see him back.

Keegan speaks rather highly of what he done for this club.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Freddy's staying!

By Neil Farrington, The Sunday Sun

Freddy Shepherd is staying on as Newcastle United chairman - at Toon billionaire Mike Ashley's request.

The Sunday Sun can confirm Shepherd will be the only survivor of a United board meeting at St James's Park tomorrow.

All other directors of the club, including Douglas Hall, have agreed to stand down and be replaced by Ashley-appointed business experts.

And we can also reveal that Shepherd volunteered to join the exodus . . . only for Ashley (left) to persuade him to remain on board.

Shepherd - who sold his stake in United to Ashley for £37.6 million earlier this month, will return to his chairman's duties when he completes his recovery from pneumonia and a collapsed lung in early July.

"Mike Ashley and his team want Freddy Shepherd to stay, and he is staying," a Newcastle source told the Sunday Sun.

"There is a board meeting on Monday - probably at St James's Park - where the board, excluding Freddy Shepherd, will step down and the new board will be appointed.

"Ashley won't be there, but everything is agreed. Four directors will resign after being told by him that he wanted to bring in his own team."

The source added: "Freddy Shepherd felt it might be the appropriate time to end his 16-year association with the club, what with his brother Bruce and friend Douglas Hall both resigning, and his recent illness.

"But Ashley felt that Shepherd's experience and knowledge of the club was indispensable as it enters a period of transition.

"Every business needs continuity, and Shepherd is the man who has a strong personal relationship with the club's sponsors and backers - and therefore their loyalty - as well as contacts within football itself.

"Shepherd is now looking forward to working with the new owner and is optimistic that Ashley can move Newcastle forward."

Quitting the Newcastle board tomorrow will be executive director Douglas Hall, his sister Allison Antonopoulos, fellow non-executive director Timothy Revill and Shepherd's brother, Bruce.

Their resignations come with Ashley now owning around 80 per cent of United shares and having until 1pm on Thursday to boost his stake to more than 90 per cent and take the club into private ownership.

:rant:

Guest Darth Toon

Freddy's staying!

I reckon this will be a stay of execution rather than a permanent arrangement - suppose it will be useful to have at least one person who knows the existing set-up inside out, and Shepherd is the obvious choice.

I would expect him to be quietly moved on a few months down the line once the new team have their feet firmly under the table.

Sheppard will either have to perform or go. Ashley certainly is not looking like someone who is going to accept below par performances by anyone at the club.

If Sheppard stays it will be under the scrutiny of Ashley, almost like punishment for his years off shite.

Wouldn't suprise me if Sheppard ends up quiting because of "ill health". 

Ashleys other board room battle:

Billionaire sports tycoon Mike Ashley gave the board of Blacks Leisure just four hours to comply with his demands or face the 'nuclear' option, providing further evidence of his low regard for the City.

Ashley's lawyers served Blacks' chairman David Bernstein with papers outlining a 14-point draft agenda for a proposed extraordinary shareholder meeting at noon on Tuesday, and were told to get back to Sports Direct, its largest shareholder, by 4pm, or else.

http://business.guardian.co.uk/story/0,,2109897,00.html

it's interesting - i was talking to a fellow toon fan pal of mine and he was saying the mackems will be hard work next year 'cause they've got some momentum behind them, the fans, manager & board are united together etc.. blah blah blah

whether you agree on that point is moot, what i would say is that we could be in serious danger of gathering momentum ourselves the way things are shaping up

if, by the time the season kicks off, we have: ashley 100% in charge and the club off the stock market; most if not all of the previous board/regime out on their ear; allardyce's backroom staff in place; a newly reconstructed, QUALITY defence & if we then go out and give bolton a beating we could be in for some serious action to come

momentum is never to be underestimated in my opinion and right now have a manager & chairman smart enough to realise/exploit it...some not inconsiderable yet wise spending and the reversal of our usual shocking start to the season might see us flying to the january transfer window with money to spend to keep up momentum

glass half full

it's interesting - i was talking to a fellow toon fan pal of mine and he was saying the mackems will be hard work next year 'cause they've got some momentum behind them, the fans, manager & board are united together etc.. blah blah blah

whether you agree on that point is moot, what i would say is that we could be in serious danger of gathering momentum ourselves the way things are shaping up

if, by the time the season kicks off, we have: ashley 100% in charge and the club off the stock market; most if not all of the previous board/regime out on their ear; allardyce's backroom staff in place; a newly reconstructed, QUALITY defence & if we then go out and give bolton a beating we could be in for some serious action to come

momentum is never to be underestimated in my opinion and right now have a manager & chairman smart enough to realise/exploit it...some not inconsiderable yet wise spending and the reversal of our usual shocking start to the season might see us flying to the january transfer window with money to spend to keep up momentum

glass half full

Absolutely. Momentum is a great motivator. It makes managers jobs alot easier when your coming off the back of a couple of big (important) signings or a few wins.

Still along way to go on the staff side of things but the place is positive at the moment.

P.S is that the san siro?

glass half full

Absolutely. Momentum is a great motivator. It makes managers jobs alot easier when your coming off the back of a couple of big (important) signings or a few wins.

Still along way to go on the staff side of things but the place is positive at the moment.

P.S is that the san siro?

aye 2-2 inter away

what sticks in the mind about momentum is what sticks in the mind about pretty much every season since we won 11 on the bounce with keegan - that we've started like shite and struggled to get it back

under robson we started poorly every time i think but always turned it around, more recently souness and roeder have just started like pish and the subsequent momentum we gathered was negative

when you have that kind of momentum the cliches start being true like players don't want to play for you and you don't get the rub of the green and so on

what we need this time is good start, i.e. not losing to bolton then winning the next 2 matches for example....start like that and EVERYONE will be fighting to get off the treatment table and into the first 11

like i said, allardyce is astute enough to know this and i'm sure will have analysed the way we've prepared for seasons and the way we've started them in order to turn it around

Billionaire sports tycoon Mike Ashley gave the board of Blacks Leisure just four hours to comply with his demands or face the 'nuclear' option, providing further evidence of his low regard for the City.

Ashley's lawyers served Blacks' chairman David Bernstein with papers outlining a 14-point draft agenda for a proposed extraordinary shareholder meeting at noon on Tuesday, and were told to get back to Sports Direct, its largest shareholder, by 4pm, or else.

The nuclear option? Something tells me this is not the sort of guy you want to get the wrong side off.. In fact, makes you wonder what ideas he has in stock for us. Will NUFC be his favourite passtime or is it a matter of buying low,shaking up and selling high, something any hedge fund could have done..?

Thats interesting...David Bernstein was chairman of City from ~98 to ~03. Presided over our recovery from the 2nd division, but resigned over the decision to sign Robbie Fowler. He's a quality operator...no doubt about it. Playing my-way-or-the-high-way with people of that calibre...I wonder if that makes Ashley either ruthless as owt, or a headstrong muppet? :laugh:

PS:

Ashley's cavalier attitude towards minority shareholders in his Sports Direct retail business has disconcerted the City, not least the revelation that he gambled and lost £200,000 of company money, challenging an investment banker to a game of spoof to settle a disputed legal bill.

:idiot2:

Guest thaitoon

fletcher did do the dirty work for the board, and paid the price by resigning over the "seats " affair, met the bloke a few times, he"s not everyone thinks he is, and does have a genuine affection for the club, not to say he "s a soft touch far from it, would much prefer him any time over fatty fred, slime ball he is.

i think keeping him on is part of the deal from fred, to apparently leave in the not too distant future, over some minor happening, he can leave with apparently some dignity, you really dont think ashley would allow the bloke to be any where near the club in lets say 1 yr, max, having spent that amount of dosh.

even if he does stay it will be only as a guidance on football matters, hope ashley doesnt listen to them though , the deals fred has done over the last few years, desperate to say the least.