Aaron Hughes

Colos Short and Curlies

Lets say we get in the following:

Rozenhal

A N Other CB

Luke Young (or similar RB)

Wayne Bridge/ Leighton Baines

Anyone else reckon getting AH back as a squad player would be good business for £1m or so?

Personally I'd like to se ehim back, never good enough to be a regular in any one position but could fill in when needed and (this is the biggest plus for me) could fit in immediately and wouldn't need a run of 5 games or so before looking comfortable

I think he'd be a real asset to you, and a very good investment at that price. You'd be mad not to make a move for him.

:lol:

Poor Aaron. What's he done to deserve this? Made his debut against Roma, you know. Um. Where else can you get a player like him with a brain and two feet?

I think he'd be a real asset to you, and a very good investment at that price. You'd be mad not to make a move for him.

Poor Aaron. What's he done to deserve this? Made his debut against Roma, you know. Um. Where else can you get a player like him with a brain and two feet?

Uness Roma have moved to the Nou Camp i believe it was Barcelona who Aaron made his debut against

Funny that this was written six minutes before this was published:

http://www.newcastle-online.com/2007/06/25/buying-from-our-premiership-rivals-2007-aston-villa/#more-705

You probably sensed some Taylor27 brainwaves.

Hmmm ...

Having completed their first stable season for years, a Villa revival may be on the cards next season.

First stable season in years? Since 2005 they mean? Or 2004 (6th)?

Oh, I should post this on the article comments, really.

Guest TampaToon

aaron hughes = peter ramage tbh - works hard, plays multiple positions, ultimately not good enough

I'd have him back for free, be a better squad player than Ramage I suppose.

As long as he was 5th choice CB, and 3rd choice for both full-back positions.

As long as he has no chance of ever playing for us in a worthwhile match I'm all for it, basically.

Uness Roma have moved to the Nou Camp i believe it was Barcelona who Aaron made his debut against

Eh? Are you sure?

http://www.newcastle-online.com/2007/06/25/buying-from-our-premiership-rivals-2007-aston-villa/#more-705

Hmmm ...

Having completed their first stable season for years, a Villa revival may be on the cards next season.

Ah, thanks for correcting me on that, I can fix that.

Eh? Are you sure?

Aye, was Barcalona - 26-Nov-1997

Hmmm ...

Ah, thanks for correcting me on that, I can fix that.

Sorry, wasn't sniping or picking holes. In the sense that in that it was the first season free of Ellis, but with the takeover going through afterthe transfer window closed,  it was very much a season of consolidation.

Eh? Are you sure?

Aye, was Barcalona - 26-Nov-1997

Well piss off then, all of ya. :D

Guest David Kelly

Hughes has always been a pretty poor player tbh.  I never saw why anyone gave him the time of day.  He's an honest hard working lad but never a premiership player in a million years.

A worse fullback than Carr somehow.

Guest optimistic nit

For a fee below 500K I would say yes.

Does anyone figure out e's been shocking in Villa?

Trust me, he is a walking, talking calamity.

i was one of the few who rated him while he was here. i thought he could be a great little attacking right back, and combined with solano well.