New sponsorship deal with Carling

Guest sicko2ndbest

.cock

NEWCASTLE United are raising a toast after agreeing a multi-million pound drinks deal with beer giant Carling.

The lucrative four-year agreement, which starts on July 1, is one of the largest of its type in UK sport, linking the Magpies, one of Europe's biggest football clubs, with the number one UK lager Carling.

Darren Venn, Newcastle United's Director of Commercial Affairs, said: "We're delighted to have agreed a deal that brings Carling to St. James' Park.

"This year, Shearer's Bar has been officially voted the best bar in Newcastle, and now fans will be able to drink Britain's favourite lager there.

"Our fans are famously known for having a thirst for football, and those who like to enjoy a pint at St. James' Park are sure to enjoy what's on offer."

Carling - which sells 50 pints every second - will be available at Shearer's Bar and inside St. James' Park along with Coors Light, Grolsch and Worthingtons.

And the news is great for those members of the Toon Army who like a pint before, during or matchdays at St. James' Park - with new fast-flow technology ensuring drinks will now be poured even faster in Shearer's Bar and around the stadium.

While the name of Newcastle United is known all around the sporting world, Carling already has a long-standing heritage in British football. They previously sponsored the Premiership and have also backed the Carling Cup for four years, as well as Glasgow's Old Firm giants Celtic and Rangers.

Now the partnership with Newcastle United strengthens their links with Tyneside, having already established top music venue the Newcastle Carling Academy in the heart of the city.

Carling Brand Director Martin Coyle said: "The partnership with Newcastle United is an excellent addition to Carling's many links with football; from its sponsorship of the Premiership from 1993 to 2001 and the Carling Cup from 2003 onwards.

"It will help build on the strong links between the city of Newcastle and its people and Carling.

"Carling has a proud history in British football and bringing fans closer to the game so we're naturally looking forward to working with Newcastle United to become an important part of the local community."

Jane Shepstone, NUFC'S Director of Catering, added: "We're delighted to welcome Carling to Newcastle United today as our new official brewery partner for the next four seasons.

"We are proud of the award winning facilities for fans that we have at Newcastle United and it's fitting that Carling, Britain's number one lager, will now be supplied to St James' Park, which is one of the top Stadiums for beer sales in the Premiership.

"Coors products will also be available at Shearer's Bar, which itself celebrated a number one position earlier this year when it picked up an award for the best bar in Newcastle.

"Carling are also ensuring that United fans receive the best possible service by upgrading the current installation equipment at St. James' Park to dispense their brands using the latest fast pour technology which can dispense a pint in less than 9 seconds.

"Newcastle United has long been a major part of people's lives in the north east and beyond. Carling too have a long affinity with UK football and, with the launch of the city's popular Music Academy and the number of top acts it has attracted, have already shown their commitment to the region."

The new partnership signals the end of Newcastle United's previous association with Scottish & Newcastle. The club thanks the company for all its past support and extends its best wishes for the future.

Does that make us favourites for the Carling Cup now?

Doesn't take the new regime long to organise things does it, (The lucrative four-year agreement, which starts on July 1, is one of the largest of its type in UK sport.)

Is this a shirt sponsorship deal?

EDIT I have now learned the art of actually reading things properly, no it isn't. Which brings me on to another point, are booze companies allowed to do shirt sponsorship these days?

EDIT EDIT yes, Everton have one.

EDIT I have now learned the art of actually reading things properly, no it isn't. Which brings me on to another point, are booze companies allowed to do shirt sponsorship these days?

Yes but not on kids shirts iirc.

Is that a new rule?  AS if a kid wearing an everton shirt is going to drive the kid into alcohol abuse.

"Mmm I must try that Chang Beer, mum can i have a pack of four Changs please"

Or in some foreign countries ie France

Is that a new rule?  AS if a kid wearing an everton shirt is going to drive the kid into alcohol abuse.

"Mmm I must try that Chang Beer, mum can i have a pack of four Changs please"

Doesnt need much encouragement tbh

Good deal though, things are looking really good under the new regime, there is a positive feel around the club again!

Are we getting paid money though?

Or are we paying to sell Carling, hoping to earn some profit from our sales?

Since when have you paid a company to sponsor you? :lol:

Guest 22bnw

I think the whole point of the Carling Cup for teams should now be a place in the final against Newcastle, it makes sense, we are Carling... :shifty:

Amusingly its called Chang too.

So far this is all good publicity for Carling. What do we get (apart from a different brand of average lager), how much is it worth?

NB Shearer's Bar isn't even the best pub on Strawberry Place.

Since they've taken over from Scottish & Newcastle, does this mean the Newcastle Brown Stand will be renamed the Carling Stand?

Who gives a shit? It is the Gallowgate end and always will be.