The player you now want rid of most?

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

None. Clean slate and all.

Besides, we still need more squad depth. Pick this up come january, and we can talk about getting rid of deadweight.

I'd actually like to see what Sam's magical fitness regime can do with Carr. Just for a year, of course, and if it doesn't work out then that's no big surprise. If he ever regains form, he'll be a perfectly average player, and an OK backup. But I see no hope for Babayaro, and not much for Dyer.

Are people feeling sorry for Luque or do you think Sam will be able to add 15 yards of pace, desire & courage to Luque's game & perhaps an extra 15C to the NE's average temperature?

What has anyone seen Luque do in a BnW shirt that suggests he should stay? Scoring a goal in a testimonial doesn't count, nor does a header in Italy that quite frankly my dear old dead Gran would have put away.

Edit - Nor will I accept a goal against the Mackems where a) the game was over & b) the goal was as a result of Keystone Cops defending of the highest order - I do accept that it was exceptionally funny to see Luque scoring against them  ;D

Ameobi - never heard any opponent consider him as a striker...

Carr - less bald player is better

Babayaro - medium class player before at NUFC now worst

Dyer - inconsistent as usually... been this... for many many years

Luque - going vacation at NUFC

Sol Campbell has mentioned Shola being a handfull on more than one occasion tbh.

Sol Campbell has mentioned Shola being a handfull on more than one occasion tbh.

Was he talking about at football though? :naughty:

I can imagine him being widely considered a difficult opponent because of his unpredictability.

he's going to be a hell of a lot stronger this season as well, not that i'm a big fan

1. Carr: Worthless; replace ASAP

2. Ramage: Ditto.

3. Luque: Dump his salary and attitude.

4. Dyer:  If someone will pay decent money for him and his salary, so much the better. Would like to see the "Dyer-era" end to be honest.

5. Babayaro: Could be worthwhile as a backup. Would rather he just went away.

Would rather see the others on the list stay. Especially, Owen, Martins, and Duff. Way too early to dismiss  them.

what do you mean by handfull... you mean... Sol Campbell... accuse ameobi... carrying the ball with his hand :lol:

what do you mean by handfull... you mean... Sol Campbell... accuse ameobi... carrying the ball with his hand :lol:

No he meant he was a difficult striker to play against.

Plenty of people wanting rid of (the few)good players we have. Perhaps tells more about the age, mentaltity, geography or a combination of the above than the players themselves. Each to there own but I would always prefer a good player than a shit player, Happily I can spot one, many are clearly myopic, dim, talentless or haven't attended matches. It appears several meet all criteria.

Not that it prevents then from having an air of authority. It's like 606 on here, one reasoned voice for every dozen ill-informed, non-attending mongs. Stats are us!  :rolleyes: 

Plenty of people wanting rid of (the few)good players we have. Perhaps tells more about the age, mentaltity, geography or a combination of the above than the players themselves. Each to there own but I would always prefer a good player than a shit player, Happily I can spot one, many are clearly myopic, dim, talentless or haven't attended matches. It appears several meet all criteria.

Not that it prevents then from having an air of authority. It's like 606 on here, one reasoned voice for every dozen ill-informed, non-attending mongs. Stats are us!  :rolleyes:  

I only chose Duff cos i said it was pointless choosing Carr or Ramage. :D

Albert Luque cost us 9.5M in 2005, he has made just 22 appearances, mostly in the Uefa Cup or as a sub where we have had no option but to use him. He has scored 2 goals. He has a contract until 2010 (!) & he has & is costing us a fortune in wages.

He must be first out of the door. He has shown nothing, plays in a position where we can do without him (as opposed to wanting to get rid of FB's where we already struggle) & is a leech on our finances.

I give up on this thread if anyone other than Luque is chosen as the number one candidate.