Ashley to "stun the football world" with big signings

NSG

Guest redmayne

eh ?, we have had 2 poor managers in sucessesion,  playing bad football,  but still beat Spurs home and Away last season.  we played them of the park at St James pk, and at WHL they were slightly the better team, but our superior attack took the points

sorry fella but at WHL they murdered us

glasses? rose tinted?

theres only a few players out there that would "stun the football world"..stupid headline to be honest

Well Souness managed to stun the football world by signing Boumsong for £8 million...

which is "just the same as" selling our best trophy players, getting relegated and spending years trying to get promoted again in front of sub-20,000 crowds, according to you

Please clarify that this is correct, or admit the ousted board have raised expectations of NUFC fans massively.

The ousted board did raise expectations, it would be stupid to say that they didn't, they had also lowered them by the time they left.  A lot of people were actually expecting relegation as times.

Why do you feel the need to keep banging on about the "old board" the one you told us we could do a lot worse than?

which is "just the same as" selling our best trophy players, getting relegated and spending years trying to get promoted again in front of sub-20,000 crowds, according to you

Please clarify that this is correct, or admit the ousted board have raised expectations of NUFC fans massively.

The ousted board did raise expectations, it would be stupid to say that they didn't, they had also lowered them by the time they left.  A lot of people were actually expecting relegation as times.

Why do you feel the need to keep banging on about the "old board" the one you told us we could do a lot worse than?

Well, so long as you keep stupidly saying that qualifying for europe regularly and buying major international footballers is the same as qualifying for europe 4 times in 30 years and selling all your best players in the process, is "just the same", I'll correct you just so don't continue feeding the younger lads on here misinformation.

Remember, Allardyce - if he brings success - is an appointment made by the outgoing board, unless you are also one of those who thinks the chairman is the team manager.

Did you ever answer what I asked you previously ? If Allardyce is successful who will you give the credit to ? And if he isn't, who will you blame ?

:lol:

Well, so long as you keep stupidly saying that qualifying for europe regularly and buying major international footballers is the same as qualifying for europe 4 times in 30 years and selling all your best players in the process, is "just the same", I'll correct you just so don't continue feeding the younger lads on here misinformation.

Remember, Allardyce - if he brings success - is an appointment made by the outgoing board, unless you are also one of those who thinks the chairman is the team manager.

Did you ever answer what I asked you previously ? If Allardyce is successful who will you give the credit to ? And if he isn't, who will you blame ?

When have I ever said "that qualifying for europe regularly and buying major international footballers is the same as qualifying for europe 4 times in 30 years and selling all your best players in the process, is just the same?"

A link would be good as then you would be able to prove this rubbish that you keep spouting, if not then I'll accept the non appearance of a link as your admission that you're lying yet again, something which you're well known for doing.

Your question about Allardyce has been answered, do you have problems with your eyesight or is it a memory problem that you have?

Until we show consistent ambition by results & performances, we are not going to attract the top players - I've said this before, but it continues to amaze me that people think the best players are going to fall over themselves to come to SJP at this point in time.

We have, over the past 3 years, become a mid-table side AT BEST - all caused by bad Direction & bad management ; nothing more, nothing less.

No Bad Fairy has suddenly put a curse on us and swept us into the underworld - it has all been self-created.

The fans are NOT to blame for this(other than being too easily conned by the people running the club), and there is no reason why they shouldn't have had high expectations - IN THE PAST..

We now have to face a period of regaining the club's self-respect and this will take time - it would be a help if we had a good crop of youngsters coming through whose loyalties are with the club, but we haven't enough.

That being the case, Sam has to get the best he can obtain in the circumstances, and I believe he is doing that - does anyone seriously doubt that Gudjohnsen would be hesitating about joining us if we were in the CL..??

The fans have to give Sam & the team time, but I defend them totally from accusations of fickleness etc.

How can ANYONE who purports to be a NUFC fan accuse his fellow-supporters of that ?

They had EVERY right to complain about things in the past because they have consistently been the most loyal & supportive of all the well-supported Clubs WITHOUT seeing any success on the field - all these complaints about the fans are from people who are ;

1 Too easily-satisfied

2.Have a Boys Own vision of misplaced Gang-loyalty.

People pay BIG money for Season Tickets , Merchandise etc and when they see themselves being exploited they have every right to complain - they ARE the customer, and you can bet your last penny that Ashley, of all people, will be well aware of THAT...

It will all take time, but given a couple more decent signings, a place in the Top 6 IS achieveable.

Good post.

People who call fellow fans fickle are just idiots trying to force their opionions on others. The fans have supported the last two managers until there was absolutely no option to get rid. Both managers seriously looked like taking us down, and neither had a past record you could point to and say "stick with this guy, look what he did at...". Allardyce arrives with pedigree which will afford him more patience because we know he's a decent manager. Blackburn fans didn't know whether to laugh or feel sorry for us taking Souness off them while Roeder's Newcastle side didn't score a single goal at home after mid-February, and his only track record was to get a good West Ham side relegated.

I think some people don't even know the meaning of fickle. Allardyce has only been in the job 2 months, a ball hasn't even been kicked competitively and people are using the word fickle already. It's a bit embarrassing tbh.

Grosso & Andrade moving for a combined £12m.

Bale & Kaboul moving for a combined £14-£18m.

Great to see Spurs paying over the odds this summer.

If Spurs don't finish top 6 they could be in trouble financially.

They're fine. They're loaded as it is with the new sponsorship money and the new TV money is crazy.

They're fine. They're loaded as it is with the new sponsorship money and the new TV money is crazy.

But surely the money they're spending year on year isn't sustainable without decent money coming in. Everybody else is getting this money too but you don't see them spending over 30M on Bent, Bale and Kaboul. The only other side going around like that are West Ham who have wealthy new owners.

I get the impression Spurs are speculating to accumulate as they feel they are not far off the Champions League so they have taken their chances spending big to try and make it.

But surely the money they're spending year on year isn't sustainable without decent money coming in. Everybody else is getting this money too but you don't see them spending over 30M on Bent, Bale and Kaboul. The only other side going around like that are West Ham who have wealthy new owners.

I get the impression Spurs are speculating to accumulate as they feel they are not far off the Champions League so they have taken their chances spending big to try and make it.

Unlike ourselves they manage to get a good return on their players though. Having the ability to make massive profits on the likes of Carrick, Chimbonda or Berbatov must make a considerable difference.

theres only a few players out there that would "stun the football world"..stupid headline to be honest

Well Souness managed to stun the football world by signing Boumsong for £8 million...

:lol:  :cheesy:

Unlike ourselves they manage to get a good return on their players though. Having the ability to make massive profits on the likes of Carrick, Chimbonda or Berbatov must make a considerable difference.

That's true but now they've become the club paying those fees.

When have I ever said "that qualifying for europe regularly and buying major international footballers is the same as qualifying for europe 4 times in 30 years and selling all your best players in the process, is just the same?"

A link would be good as then you would be able to prove this rubbish that you keep spouting, if not then I'll accept the non appearance of a link as your admission that you're lying yet again, something which you're well known for doing.

Your question about Allardyce has been answered, do you have problems with your eyesight or is it a memory problem that you have?

the only person with a memory problem is you. You know those comments of yours are on the old server, what is wrong with repeating them ?

Likewise, your reply to what I asked you. The simple fact is that if Allardyce succeeds you will give the credit to him and the new owners of the club, but if he doesn't you will blame Shepherd and whats more, you know it.

the only person with a memory problem is you. You know those comments of yours are on the old server, what is wrong with repeating them ?

Likewise, your reply to what I asked you. The simple fact is that if Allardyce succeeds you will give the credit to him and the new owners of the club, but if he doesn't you will blame Shepherd and whats more, you know it.

No link?  Thought not.

Anyway   :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy1::sleepy1::sleepy1::sleepy1::sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy1::sleepy1::sleepy1::sleepy1::sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:

No link?  Thought not.

Anyway   :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy1::sleepy1::sleepy1::sleepy1::sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy1::sleepy1::sleepy1::sleepy1::sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:

"Likewise, your reply to what I asked you. The simple fact is that if Allardyce succeeds you will give the credit to him and the new owners of the club, but if he doesn't you will blame Shepherd and whats more, you know it. "

No reply ?

Thought not.

Guest Johan

Can you please stop pestering every other thread with this crap about who said what about the previous fucking board? Lets continue speculating about who these stunning signings will  be ffs.

I say we go all out to sign .. Boumsong, that would truly stun me!

I suppose that depends on your defnition of loaded.. everyone gets that TV money and the sponsorship is not so big that it negates a lack of prize money, european money and relatively small gate reciepts (if they finished outside the top 6).  Like ohmelads says, IMO they're taking a bit of a risk on finishing 4th and getting into the Champions League.  Finishing outside the top 6 would be a major blow financially.

Guest LFEE

I suppose that depends on your defnition of loaded.. everyone gets that TV money and the sponsorship is not so big that it negates a lack of prize money, european money and relatively small gate reciepts (if they finished outside the top 6).  Like ohmelads says, IMO they're taking a bit of a risk on finishing 4th and getting into the Champions League.  Finishing outside the top 6 would be a major blow financially.

when in comes to comparing the price Spurs paid to Juve you have to remember EPL teams always have to pay more in general as we are in possibly the richest (not the best) league so they know they can demand more money (Luque anyone).

As far as Spurs going bust...i'm pretty sure their hightest paid player is 45k per wk.. may be worng but i'm sure i read they had a very tight wage structure. I know it was said Darren Bent went for a lot less than West Ham were offering him.