Premierships Best Attack?

toontownman

Guest WalkervilleMag

Cant really understand how people can honestly say that Shearer was ever a better player then Berbatov. Better Striker? Yes, Better goalscorer? Yes, but no way was he ever a better player then Berbatov.

f****** hell. Were you living under a rock between 93 and 97? :lol:

Shearer and Ferdinand in and around their prime were easily better than the Berb in pretty much all departments.

was he even born in 97?

85 if you must know. First started watching Shearer in his Blackburn days and Ferdinand in his qpr days. Altough Shearer was a vastly different player back in those days, Ferdinand ALWAYS relied on his power, headind and hold up play and that never changed the older he got. Ferdinand in his prime was more or less the same player as the spurs Feredinand except for a loss of pace so quit chatting rubbish please.

then your talking out your arse then

Guest sicko2ndbest

Strike force worth the most in an open market:

Manutd - 47mil

Rooney 30mil

Saha 8mil

Smith 6mil

Solskaer 3mil

Chelsea - 58mil

Drogba - 30mil

Schev - 10mil

Kalou - 8mil

Pizzaro - 10mil

Arsenal - 36mil

Da Silva - 10mil

Van Persie - 10mil

Walcott - 6mil

Adebayour - 10mil

Liverpool - 48mil

Torres - 20mil

Kuyt - 9mil

Bellamy - 7mil

Crouch - 12mil

Spurs - 53mil

Keane - 10mil

Bent - 15mil

Berbatov - 20mil

Defoe - 8mil

NUFC - 35mil

Viduka - 8mil

Owen - 12mil

Martins - 12mil

Ameobi - 3mil

Price based on age as well as ability

Pains me to say it but tink spurs look fantastic up front next season

Guest kingdawson

As for Beardsley, at his best he was better than Berbatov at everything, a phenomenal player who literally ran the show every time pulled a Newcastle and England shirt on.

You talk about Berbatov's 15 assists in all competitions yet the 93/94 season Beardsley made Andy Cole what he was, Cole scored 34 Premiership goals in one season all from open play yet I doubt he'd have scored half that many if it wasn't for Beardsley pulling the strings, that's without even going into how good he was for Liverpool and England.

Honestly, what a f****** idiot this lad is, even the Spurs fans find him embarrassing.

oK Number 1, i already mentioned that Beardsley was a way better shout then Shearer and number 2 the amount of times you take things to a personnel level, i can almost see the steam comming out of your ears and the keyboard. Calm yourself down before you have a heart attack old man.

Guest WalkervilleMag

Manutd - 47mil

Rooney 30mil

Saha 8mil

Smith 6mil

Solskaer 3mil

Chelsea - 58mil

Drogba - 30mil

Schev - 10mil

Kalou - 8mil

Pizzaro - 10mil

Arsenal - 36mil

Da Silva - 10mil

Van Persie - 10mil

Walcott - 6mil

Adebayour - 10mil

Liverpool - 48mil

Torres - 20mil

Kuyt - 9mil

Bellamy - 7mil

Crouch - 12mil

Spurs - 53mil

Keane - 10mil

Bent - 15mil

Berbatov - 20mil

Defoe - 8mil

NUFC - 35mil

Viduka - 8mil

Owen - 12mil

Martins - 12mil

Ameobi - 3mil

they wont have Defoe in there by the start of the season.

Guest kingdawson

Manutd - 47mil

Rooney 30mil

Saha 8mil

Smith 6mil

Solskaer 3mil

Chelsea - 58mil

Drogba - 30mil

Schev - 10mil

Kalou - 8mil

Pizzaro - 10mil

Arsenal - 36mil

Da Silva - 10mil

Van Persie - 10mil

Walcott - 6mil

Adebayour - 10mil

Liverpool - 48mil

Torres - 20mil

Kuyt - 9mil

Bellamy - 7mil

Crouch - 12mil

Spurs - 53mil

Keane - 10mil

Bent - 15mil

Berbatov - 20mil

Defoe - 8mil

NUFC - 35mil

Viduka - 8mil

Owen - 12mil

Martins - 12mil

Ameobi - 3mil

Just as Manchester united may not have Smith, Liverpool may not have Bellamy and you lot may not have either Martins or Owen.

Manutd - 47mil

Rooney 30mil

Saha 8mil

Smith 6mil

Solskaer 3mil

Chelsea - 58mil

Drogba - 30mil

Schev - 10mil

Kalou - 8mil

Pizzaro - 10mil

Arsenal - 36mil

Da Silva - 10mil

Van Persie - 10mil

Walcott - 6mil

Adebayour - 10mil

Liverpool - 48mil

Torres - 20mil

Kuyt - 9mil

Bellamy - 7mil

Crouch - 12mil

Spurs - 53mil

Keane - 10mil

Bent - 15mil

Berbatov - 20mil

Defoe - 8mil

NUFC - 35mil

Viduka - 8mil

Owen - 12mil

Martins - 12mil

Ameobi - 3mil

They wont need him, MJ has been given the nod they are deep in talks with Messi.

Kingdawson, your comments are just absolutely unbelievable!!

I try to just read this forum and keep posts to a minimum, but you literally made me almost break my laptop by spitting my chips and mayonnaise back out of my mouth all over the keys!! What ON EARTH are you THINKING?!?!

Honestly the things you're saying are on the same level of ignorance as those die-hard rugby-loving types that know nothing about football and want rugby to take over the world.

Please, for my health if nothing else, just cut it out

Guest sicko2ndbest

If Viduka stays fit  mackems.gif (i know) it is very possible he will finish the leagues top scorer!

so better than bent, henry even luca toni cost less than that. all those players are much superior to him. 10million seems too much for him at the moment. never done much to suggest otherwise

Guest WalkervilleMag

Van Persie is a good player.  he could take over from Henry as he is that type of player.

If Viduka stays fit  mackems.gif (i know) it is very possible he will finish the leagues top scorer!

I wouldn't go as far as to say that, but if he clicks with one of Martins or Owen (or both depending on how Sam lines us up), then we could potentially have a 30-goal+ partnership on our hands.

Kingdawson, your comments are just absolutely unbelievable!!

I try to just read this forum and keep posts to a minimum, but you literally made me almost break my laptop by spitting my chips and mayonnaise back out of my mouth all over the keys!! What ON EARTH are you THINKING?!?!

Honestly the things you're saying are on the same level of ignorance as those die-hard rugby-loving types that know nothing about football and want rugby to take over the world.

Please, for my health if nothing else, just cut it out

:lol:

Guest WalkervilleMag

well my Grandad has been a ticket holder at Charlton for almost 60 years, and he cannot beleive that they have got 16 million + for Bent.  He thinks he is an average striker who has exceeded himself at a smaller club, and does not think he will be anywhere near as prolific at Spurs.

Guest WalkervilleMag

talking about top scorers,  Leroy Lita is a good each way bet,  got better towards the end of the season, and i think he will be 1st choice striker for Reading next season.

which one of those strikers possess the many different attributes that Berbatov has in his locker?

Alan Shearer.

And vastly more, as well.

Only Asprilla wasn't a better player, arguably Ferdinand as well I suppose.

mackems.gif mackems.gif shearer??

so Shearer has the vision and creativity of Berbatov? NO

So shearer has the passing ability of Berbatov? NO

So Shearer has the touch and Control of Berbatov? NO

So Shearer has the link-up play of Berbatov? NO

Beardsley may be closer to the truth, though i still feel Berbatov is the overall better player.

Link up play, yes.

Berbatov is nowhere near the finisher Shearer was, he's got nowhere near the shot from distance Shearer had, he's nowhere near as good in the air. Shearer at his peak was quicker too.

If you really think Berbatov is a better striker than Shearer in his prime then you are, without question, the stupidest human being I've ever encountered.Bar none.

Shearer's link-up play consisted of him using his upper body strength to protect the ball and wait patiently for a runner from midfield to help. To me that dosent show he has good link up play, just means he was strong.

As for your last sentence, i never claimed Berbatov was the better striker just that he is a much better player overall to Alan shearer which most neutral would agree with tbh.

I suggest you go on some other teams messageboards, and ask some non Tottenham/Newcastle fans who they would rather have......Shearer in his prime or Berbatov.

Come back with an honest answer.

As for Beardsley, at his best he was better than Berbatov at everything, a phenomenal player who literally ran the show every time pulled a Newcastle and England shirt on.

You talk about Berbatov's 15 assists in all competitions yet the 93/94 season Beardsley made Andy Cole what he was, Cole scored 34 Premiership goals in one season all from open play yet I doubt he'd have scored half that many if it wasn't for Beardsley pulling the strings, that's without even going into how good he was for Liverpool and England.

Honestly, what a f****** idiot this lad is, even the Spurs fans find him embarrassing.

oK Number 1, i already mentioned that Beardsley was a way better shout then Shearer and number 2 the amount of times you take things to a personnel level, i can almost see the steam comming out of your ears and the keyboard. Calm yourself down before you have a heart attack old man.

You don't make me mad Kingdawson, why would you? You do make me laugh at the amount of rubbish you spout though, you genuinely have no clue about football whatsoever and are typical of someone who follows football by watching Match of the Day, as for the old man comment, I was born 5 years before you yet I know more than you ever will on the subject.

Now do yourself a favour, go to the library and read some books on the subject, download a spellchecker for Internet Explorer to stop yourself looking like a retard and finally STEP YOUR KNOWLEDGE GAME UP!

PS, for Kingdawson, a game that immediately springs to mind that you won't have seen, and surely must not have heard of - watch our 5-0 victory over Man United in October 96. This, for me, is just the game that immediately springs to mind. If you want to slate Shearer's link up play and his ability as a player - then watch this match. Because his triple of goals/assists in this game was one of his finests in a black and white shirt, for me.

The first of the five - an assist. An absolutely superbly executed, looping header from a corner, rising above about three United defenders to knock it onto Peacock's path to prod it in.

The second of the five - another assist. Andy Gray got it spot on; Stanley Matthews at his best couldn't produce a turn of pace and cross as well as Shearer's for this one. Magnificent cross under pressure, right onto Ferdinand's forehead.

And the fourth of the five - an assist and a goal. The fourth goal is obviously over-shadowed in this game, simply due to the qualtiy of the others. But the mvoe for this goal was absolutely fantastic. A sprint down the left-wing and out of nowhere, Shearer stops, fooling the defender, and then sprays a long ball all the way to the other wing, for Beardsley to put a cross back in for Shearer to finish.

THAT game was Shearer at his peak. Shearer was doing that week in week out. Dimitar Berbatov, a class player that he is nowadays, HASN'T GOT A FUCKING SCRATCH on the Shearer of those years. He got something like five hattricks in his last season at Blackburn n'all. And even in his early thirties, Shearer was still score 25/30 goals 'simply by using his upper body strength'.

You utter, utter pleb. :lol:

1. Chelsea: Shevchenko, Pizarro, Drogba, Kalou

2. Spurs: Bent, Defoe, Berbatov, Keane

3. Man United: Rooney, Tevez, Smith, Saha, Anderson

4. Liverpool: Voronin, Kuyt, Torres, Crouch

5. Newcastle Utd: Viduka, Owen, Martins, Shola

6. Arsenal: Adebayor, Van Persie, da silva, walcott, bendtner

That's how I'd rate them now. Chelsea have Drogba; therefore they are at the top of the list.

Questions remaining:

• Are Spurs going to hold on to all four?
  • Are Man Utd going to keep Saha? Will he be healthy?
  • How good is Da Silva anyway?
  • How good is Michael Owen now? If he returns to form, I'd place our attack higher. Its a big question mark

Guest brewer

so better than bent, henry even luca toni cost less than that. all those players are much superior to him. 10million seems too much for him at the moment. never done much to suggest otherwise

van Persie would fetch more on the market than all of those players.

And yes he's better than two of them.