Premierships Best Attack?

toontownman

which one of those strikers possess the many different attributes that Berbatov has in his locker?

Alan Shearer.

And vastly more, as well.

Only Asprilla wasn't a better player, arguably Ferdinand as well I suppose.

mackems.gif mackems.gif shearer??

so Shearer has the vision and creativity of Berbatov? NO

So shearer has the passing ability of Berbatov? NO

So Shearer has the touch and Control of Berbatov? NO

So Shearer has the link-up play of Berbatov? NO

Beardsley may be closer to the truth, though i still feel Berbatov is the overall better player.

Link up play, yes.

Berbatov is nowhere near the finisher Shearer was, he's got nowhere near the shot from distance Shearer had, he's nowhere near as good in the air. Shearer at his peak was quicker too.

If you really think Berbatov is a better striker than Shearer in his prime then you are, without question, the stupidest human being I've ever encountered.Bar none.

Shearer's link-up play consisted of him using his upper body strength to protect the ball and wait patiently for a runner from midfield to help. To me that dosent show he has good link up play, just means he was strong.

As for your last sentence, i never claimed Berbatov was the better striker just that he is a much better player overall to Alan shearer which most neutral would agree with tbh.

I didn't realise different types of link-up play were not as acceptable as others, even though they achieve the exact same thing.

The're both strikers?

And Shearer is the better striker, yet Berbatov is the better player?

???

:lol:

Between 93 and 97 Alan Shearer scored 121 goals in 148 Premiership games, why would anyone in their right mind rather have Berbatov over someone with goalscoring ability like that?!

How old are you Kingdawson?

Planning to resort to your usual tactics of attacking me on a personnel level are we now Baggio??

It's a pretty valid question, because you are either mentally challenged, or are a childish wum (or both).

which one of those strikers possess the many different attributes that Berbatov has in his locker?

Alan Shearer.

Beardsley may be closer to the truth, though i still feel Berbatov is the overall better player.

Link up play, yes.

Berbatov is nowhere near the finisher Shearer was, he's got nowhere near the shot from distance Shearer had, he's nowhere near as good in the air. Shearer at his peak was quicker too.

If you really think Berbatov is a better striker than Shearer in his prime then you are, without question, the stupidest human being I've ever encountered.Bar none.

Shearer's link-up play consisted of him using his upper body strength to protect the ball and wait patiently for a runner from midfield to help. To me that dosent show he has good link up play, just means he was strong.

As for your last sentence, i never claimed Berbatov was the better striker just that he is a much better player overall to Alan shearer which most neutral would agree with tbh.

Again, how old you?

Shearer was nothing like that at his peak, he certainly didn't play the hold up man and wait for runners from midfield! :lol:

And he wonders why we take the piss out of him. :uglystupid2:

Between 93 and 97 Alan Shearer scored 121 goals in 148 Premiership games, why would anyone in their right mind rather have Berbatov over someone with goalscoring ability like that?!

Planning to resort to your usual tactics of attacking me on a personnel level are we now Baggio??

It's a pretty valid question, because you are either mentally challenged, or are a childish wum (or both).

To be fair, a mentally challeneged child would be doing pretty well to grasp to concept of being a WUM.

Never mind actually executing it with moderate success as Kingduhson does.

Guest kingdawson

Alan Shearer.

Sorry, are you on smack? I genuinely can't believe what I'm reading.

Tbh your the one on smack if you honestly think Shearer possess those attribvutes i have listed as good or better then Berbatov. I think Guilit summed up shearer best tbh.

Alan Shearer.

Link up play, yes.

I didn't realise different types of link-up play were not as acceptable as others, even though they achieve the exact same thing.

The're both strikers?

???

This is a ridiculous debate. Shearer was one of the best strikers in the world bar none.

Alan Shearer.

Link up play, yes.

That clearly shows your experience of watching Shearer started around 2001/2.

I think KD is being a deliberate WUM but if he's not then just to help him out, i think he means Berbatov may beat Shearer at a ball juggling super-skills competition. Not the better player though.

Or he's doubting your statement based on his hunch you weren't long out of nappies in 1997 and thus, you never saw/appreciated Shearer in his prime. I think.

Alan Shearer.

Link up play, yes.

The're both strikers?

???

This is a ridiculous debate. Shearer was one of the best strikers in the world bar none.

Aye, but Berbatov is the better PLAYER.

Whatever the fuck that means.

(I know what he's trying to say by the way)

Alan Shearer.

Link up play, yes.

Again, how old you?

Shearer was nothing like that at his peak, he certainly didn't play the hold up man and wait for runners from midfield! :lol:

And he wonders why we take the piss out of him. :uglystupid2:

Exactly. Shearer at his peak had everything - pace, power, skill etc. It was only a few bad injuries that made him adapt his game to being a strong target man.

Wait til Berbatov does his cruciate ligaments, ankle ligaments, broken ankle, knee tendonitis etc and see if he can score as many goals as Shearer.

Berbatov is obviously an excellent player, but to say he's better than the bloke who has scored more Premiership goals than anyone (by a long way!) is ridiculous.

The age question is perfectly valid tbh. If you're quite young then you probably won't remember Shearer at Blackburn and his first few years at Newcastle, where he really was world class.

Guest WalkervilleMag

Berbatov has had only 1 season in the Premiership and has been a very good player, but there are loads of players who after having a great 1st season, then fail to produce the highs of the 1st season.

Shearer was by far the better striker of the 2,  Beardsley was better than both imho

Guest kingdawson

Alan Shearer.

Link up play, yes.

The're both strikers?

???

Well done einstein, your finally grasping it. Much like Henry is the better player yet Van Nistelrooy is the better striker.

Cant really understand how people can honestly say that Shearer was ever a better player then Berbatov. Better Striker? Yes, Better goalscorer? Yes, but no way was he ever a better player then Berbatov.

Fucking hell. Were you living under a rock between 93 and 97? :lol:

Shearer and Ferdinand in and around their prime were easily better than the Berb in pretty much all departments.

was he even born in 97?

Think people are underating Liverpools attack. They have everything for me.

Manure have the best Creativity, Spurs are very rounded as are Chelsea. Arsenal are probably the biggest unknown quantity.

Add another top striker to our pool and we look completely different, like someone said, Shola really cheapens our attack. I dont think he is that bad, but he is the difference maker.

Alan Shearer.

Tbh your the one on smack if you honestly think Shearer possess those attribvutes i have listed as good or better then Berbatov. I think Guilit summed up shearer best tbh.

What next? Berbatov is a better finisher than Schmeichel and therefore a much better player?

They're different types of players, you cretin, and Shearer was miles better at what he did than Berbatov is at what he does, good player though he is.

And for the record, if we're talking vision, passing, creativity, touch, control and ability to beat a man, Peter Beardsley could do things that Berbatov can only dream of.

A good friend of mine is a Spurs fan and he shares my admiration for big Al... which tells me all I need to know about KD. All Spurs fans are not idiots, in spite of the population sample we have on here.

Alan Shearer.

Link up play, yes.

The're both strikers?

???

Well done einstein, your finally grasping it. Much like Henry is the better player yet Van Nistelrooy is the better striker.

You mean to say goalscorer instead of striker, I assume?

Who offers more to a team then?

Shearer in his prime (not that you've ever seen him of course) or Berbatov.

Guest WalkervilleMag

Think people are underating Liverpools attack. They have everything for me.

Manure have the best Creativity, Spurs are very rounded as are Chelsea. Arsenal are probably the biggest unknown quantity.

Add another top striker to our pool and we look completely different, like someone said, Shola really cheapens our attack. I dont think he is that bad, but he is the difference maker.

Shola is one of those players, who cannot Trap a ball, is a poor header for his height, genrally poor skill, but can still bag 10-14 goals per season.

Aye, but Berbatov is the better PLAYER.

Whatever the fuck that means.

(I know what he's trying to say by the way)

We all know what he is trying to say tbh!!!  He is still completely wrong though :D

As for Beardsley, at his best he was better than Berbatov at everything, a phenomenal player who literally ran the show every time pulled a Newcastle and England shirt on.

You talk about Berbatov's 15 assists in all competitions yet the 93/94 season Beardsley made Andy Cole what he was, Cole scored 34 Premiership goals in one season all from open play yet I doubt he'd have scored half that many if it wasn't for Beardsley pulling the strings, that's without even going into how good he was for Liverpool and England.

Honestly, what a fucking idiot this lad is, even the Spurs fans find him embarrassing.

As for Beardsley, at his best he was better than Berbatov at everything, a phenomenal player who literally ran the show every time pulled a Newcastle and England shirt on.

You talk about Berbatov's 15 assists in all competitions yet the 93/94 season Beardsley made Andy Cole what he was, Cole scored 34 Premiership goals in one season all from open play yet I doubt he'd have scored half that many if it wasn't for Beardsley pulling the strings, that's without even going into how good he was for Liverpool and England.

Honestly, what a fucking idiot this lad is, even the Spurs fans find him embarrassing.

I find this Berbatov thing delusional. He didn't even score 1 in 2 in the Bundesliga (imo weaker than the PL). The gold standard for top tier strikers.

Guest kingdawson

Cant really understand how people can honestly say that Shearer was ever a better player then Berbatov. Better Striker? Yes, Better goalscorer? Yes, but no way was he ever a better player then Berbatov.

f****** hell. Were you living under a rock between 93 and 97? :lol:

Shearer and Ferdinand in and around their prime were easily better than the Berb in pretty much all departments.

was he even born in 97?

85 if you must know. First started watching Shearer in his Blackburn days and Ferdinand in his qpr days. Altough Shearer was a vastly different player back in those days, Ferdinand ALWAYS relied on his power, headind and hold up play and that never changed the older he got. Ferdinand in his prime was more or less the same player as the spurs Feredinand except for a loss of pace so quit chatting rubbish please. (directed at m4tt)