Premierships Best Attack?

toontownman

Guest kingdawson

Its funny that people call me delusional yet dont say nothing to the guy that has it in his head that Martins is better then all our strikers bar Berbatov. im gussing most knowledgeable football fans would agree that, that is bollocks.

Guest kingdawson

Just trying to enter your bizarre mindset... it's not easy.

I guess only Ruud Gullit can enter my 'bizzare mindset' then.

Really doesn't help your case bringing Gullit into it tbh.

It was obviously a personal problem between the two that led to Gullit's attitude to Shearer.

Again, you seem to believe Shearer at his peak was the 99-2005 one.

So which other "limited but somehow happens to be the complete goal machine" strikers is Berbatov better than then after one season and eleven goals in the Premiership?

Gerd Muller perhaps? Jimmy Greaves? Marco van Basten? Romario? Go a bit further back and he's miles better than Di Stefano and Puskas, they only scored 1000 goals between them, but how many assists did they get?

You're a fruitcake, lad.

Your sarcastic post shows how clueless you are tbh. Van nistelroory though a very good goalscorer was also a limited player. Take for instance Filippo Inzaghi, the guy has managed to score so many goals on a constant bases despite being a very limited striker (i suppose someones going to try and argue that now).

How was Shearer a limited player when he scored every type of goal?

You call me clueless and you think Dimitar Berbatov can be mentioned in the same sentence as Shearer and Beardsley?

If the shoe was on the other foot and one of our lot was on Glory Glory comparing Lee to Hoddle, I'd be embarrassed. I'd hope other Spurs fans would be, however knowing them, I suspect not.

Tbh im 90% sure that most neutral fans would agree that Berbatov possess more to his game then Shearer in his prime yet Shearer is clearly the better goalscorer.

Let me as you something then Wullie, Did shearer ever in his career have the touch and technique of berbatov?, did Shearer ever have the creativity of Berbatov?

Comparing this debate to rob lee and Glenn Hoddle more or less proves how delusional you are.

Does Berbatov have the shooting power and accuracy from distance of Shearer?

Does Berbatov have the finishing ability of Shearer?

Does Berbatov have the heading abilty of Shearer?

Does Berbatov have the pace of Shearer?

Does Berbatov have the crossing ability of Shearer?

Does Berbatov have the positional sense of Shearer?

Does Berbatov have the movement of Shearer?

Does Berbatov have the incredible strength of Shearer?

We could play this game all night sunshine. Berbatov does some things better than Shearer and Shearer does a hell of a lot more better than Berbatov.

Lee vs Hoddle is a fine comparison - Robert Lee was a top class Premiership midfielder and the second best midfielder in this country for a good few years in the 90s, while Hoddle was genuine world class. Berbatov is a top class striker, but Shearer was world class.

Btw, I just said to my Boro supporting best mate "we've got a Yid on our board reckons Berbatov was better than Shearer", his reply was "I'm biased but errr no I don't think so :lol:".

Guest brewer

Berbatov has better close control.

That's about it.

It's not an absurd comparison, but it's not far off, considering one of the players may well prove to be a one season wonder (but probably won't).

To me Berbatov is more like a well rounded Ruud van Nistelrooy without the amazing finishing than an Alan Shearer.

Berbatov has better close control.

That's about it.

It's not an absurd comparison, but it's not far off, considering one of the players may well prove to be a one season wonder (but probably won't).

To me Berbatov is more like a well rounded Ruud van Nistelrooy without the amazing finishing than an Alan Shearer.

Disagree there. Shearer had it all His control of a ball in pretty much any situation was as good as anyone i have seen. It's a daft argument. Shearer regularly scored 30+ in his day. His crossing of a ball was top class - can't think of many better in his era. He had enough pace and power to get away from some pretty quick centre halves...why on earth am I pointing out the obvious to counteract the ignorance of a twelve year old from down south who doesnt attend his own club's games? Going for a shite instead.

Its funny that people call me delusional yet dont say nothing to the guy that has it in his head that Martins is better then all our strikers bar Berbatov. im gussing most knowledgeable football fans would agree that, that is bollocks.

TBH I think you're on a hiding to nothing here.  You're trying to compare players who patently are nothing like each other.  Shearer as a physical 'centre forward' style striker in his heyday had few equals in the world, let alone in England.  Berba is very much in the Bergkamp or Sheringham style, much more technical and far less physical, but you can't say he's in the top 3 in Europe at what he does .  He has the capability to be world class but I don't see an excellent second half of one season justifying comparison with a striker (of a different style) who maintained his very best form for about 5/6 years which in itself is an achievement.

Similarly, Berba is no more similar to Beardsley as he is Shearer, Beardsley was more in keeping with Robbie Keane than Berbatov and significantly better than Keane too. 

Guest firetotheworks

Why are you still talking to this delusional jackass?

He asked me a question directly. No point being ignorant if you can put a good point across. KD, that list you've put up there is fair enough, but not Van Nistlerooy, Amazing striker, in no way limited in my eyes, just used to the best of his abilities. Same goes for Shearer.

You plural. The braying of a donkey.

Could be -- was--  a decent thread.

Fair point Walter, just put down the gun

TBH I think you're on a hiding to nothing here.  You're trying to compare players who patently are nothing like each other.  Shearer as a physical 'centre forward' style striker in his heyday had few equals in the world, let alone in England.   Berba is very much in the Bergkamp or Sheringham style, much more technical and far less physical, but you can't say he's in the top 3 in Europe at what he does .  He has the capability to be world class but I don't see an excellent second half of one season justifying comparison with a striker (of a different style) who maintained his very best form for about 5/6 years which in itself is an achievement.

Similarly, Berba is no more similar to Beardsley as he is Shearer, Beardsley was more in keeping with Robbie Keane than Berbatov and significantly better than Keane too. 

This pretty much sums it up.

Guest WalkervilleMag

this thread is shite. count the goals between them at the end of the season then you will find the best.

Guest lebowski

I'd find what you say hilarious except I suspect you actually believe what you are saying and not just trying a bit of angling.

Can we just ban him already?

WUM who tries to prolong his life on this board by occasionally pretending to be reasonable tbh.

He only gets noticed because so many people bite though.  :undecided:

If he was simply ignored, he'd soon get bored and go back to his Spurs forum. Don't give him the reaction he wants.  :thup:

Guest Verlaine

Is he a WUM, or is he just really stupid, though? It's the whole Vic conundrum all over again.

Guest Verlaine

Is he a WUM, or is he just really stupid, though? It's the whole Vic conundrum all over again.

Not mutually exclusive imo.  :)

Fair point.

Guest kingdawson

So which other "limited but somehow happens to be the complete goal machine" strikers is Berbatov better than then after one season and eleven goals in the Premiership?

Gerd Muller perhaps? Jimmy Greaves? Marco van Basten? Romario? Go a bit further back and he's miles better than Di Stefano and Puskas, they only scored 1000 goals between them, but how many assists did they get?

You're a fruitcake, lad.

Your sarcastic post shows how clueless you are tbh. Van nistelroory though a very good goalscorer was also a limited player. Take for instance Filippo Inzaghi, the guy has managed to score so many goals on a constant bases despite being a very limited striker (i suppose someones going to try and argue that now).

How was Shearer a limited player when he scored every type of goal?

You call me clueless and you think Dimitar Berbatov can be mentioned in the same sentence as Shearer and Beardsley?

If the shoe was on the other foot and one of our lot was on Glory Glory comparing Lee to Hoddle, I'd be embarrassed. I'd hope other Spurs fans would be, however knowing them, I suspect not.

Tbh im 90% sure that most neutral fans would agree that Berbatov possess more to his game then Shearer in his prime yet Shearer is clearly the better goalscorer.

Let me as you something then Wullie, Did shearer ever in his career have the touch and technique of berbatov?, did Shearer ever have the creativity of Berbatov?

Comparing this debate to rob lee and Glenn Hoddle more or less proves how delusional you are.

Does Berbatov have the shooting power and accuracy from distance of Shearer?

Does Berbatov have the finishing ability of Shearer?

Does Berbatov have the heading abilty of Shearer?

Does Berbatov have the pace of Shearer?

Does Berbatov have the crossing ability of Shearer?

Does Berbatov have the positional sense of Shearer?

Does Berbatov have the movement of Shearer?

Does Berbatov have the incredible strength of Shearer?

We could play this game all night sunshine. Berbatov does some things better than Shearer and Shearer does a hell of a lot more better than Berbatov.

Lee vs Hoddle is a fine comparison - Robert Lee was a top class Premiership midfielder and the second best midfielder in this country for a good few years in the 90s, while Hoddle was genuine world class. Berbatov is a top class striker, but Shearer was world class.

Btw, I just said to my Boro supporting best mate "we've got a Yid on our board reckons Berbatov was better than Shearer", his reply was "I'm biased but errr no I don't think so :lol:".

The answer is 'yes;' to all the ones in bold.