Premierships Best Attack?

toontownman

Guest kingdawson

Cant really understand how people can honestly say that Shearer was ever a better player then Berbatov. Better Striker? Yes, Better goalscorer? Yes, but no way was he ever a better player then Berbatov.

Isnt berbatov a Striker? Isnt he a Goalscorer? Yep, thought so, and even so, how you think Berbatov is a better footballer than Shearer is laughable. I really like Berbatov, but I think you're getting 'footballer' mixed up with 'flair'. you play to your strengths in football. Shearers strengths surpass Berbatovs by quite a bit. One season of brilliance vs 15 or so seasons of brilliance amidst injuries, endless managers and at times a shoddy excuse for a football team. At all of those times Shearer was brilliant. Only in his last 2 seasons was he showing his age.

Do you see the point im making KingDawson

I see the point you are trying to make but i dont agree with it. Do you class Peter Beardsley as a striker??

Oh god, I cant understand how someone can say things like this. Shearer at his prime was one of the WORLD´S greatest players, Berbatov should try to make it to the top3 of the current Premiership first.

KingDawson, what happens if Berbatov fails next season? Shearer produced great displays for 15years, Berba still has A LOT to do..

During this whole debate ive never once said that Berbatov was or is a better striker then Shearer ever was. Berbatov will probably never ever reach the goalscoring heights of Shearer but my belief is that  berbatov has more to his game then Shearer did in his prime.

Who contributes more to a team?

Guest firetotheworks

I went to the pub today with a ManU (reasons to be bitter) and a Pompey fan, they couldn't stop laughing when I told them about the spurs fan trying to claim Berbatov is a better player than Shearer was in his prime.

Honestly KD go and ask anyone who isn't a spurs or Toon fan their opinion. I bet the vast majority say Shearer in his prime is the better player.

Nice story. I can also tell you that countless conversations i had with my mates about how limited shearer was as a player. Very good goalscorer, very good headerer of the ball and good hold up play.

:lol:  Shearer in his prime? Those mates are clearly just as stupid as you then.

I love that you've tried to brush under the carpet the fact that you said Berbatov is more skilful, has more vision etc, than Peter Beardsley. Why don't you respond to the points put to you about him?

Answer is because, if you've ever seen Pedro in his prime, you know it's a no-contest.

hmmm i did actually and tbh i clearly remember saying that Beardsley was far more debateable then then the rest of them . In fact, when someone (think it was that sad loser Baggio) mentioned Beardsley, i was the first to say that. Beardsley and Berbatov are very similiar in style and i honestly dont know which one possess more attributes.

Beardsley >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shearer

You dont know whos better? Beardsley or Berbatov? Right, thats me out of this 'Debate'. This is either a wind up, you're diluded or you can see in to the future.

I went to the pub today with a ManU (reasons to be bitter) and a Pompey fan, they couldn't stop laughing when I told them about the spurs fan trying to claim Berbatov is a better player than Shearer was in his prime.

Honestly KD go and ask anyone who isn't a spurs or Toon fan their opinion. I bet the vast majority say Shearer in his prime is the better player.

Nice story. I can also tell you that countless conversations i had with my mates about how limited shearer was as a player. Very good goalscorer, very good headerer of the ball and good hold up play.

:lol:  Shearer in his prime? Those mates are clearly just as stupid as you then.

I love that you've tried to brush under the carpet the fact that you said Berbatov is more skilful, has more vision etc, than Peter Beardsley. Why don't you respond to the points put to you about him?

Answer is because, if you've ever seen Pedro in his prime, you know it's a no-contest.

hmmm i did actually and tbh i clearly remember saying that Beardsley was far more debateable then then the rest of them . In fact, when someone (think it was that sad loser Baggio) mentioned Beardsley, i was the first to say that. Beardsley and Berbatov are very similiar in style and i honestly dont know which one possess more attributes.

Beardsley >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shearer

Suggest you search Peter Beardsley on youtube, then come back and you will know which one possesses more attributes. Since you're effectively judging players on skill in terms of fancy stuff, a youtube video will show you more moments of Pedro's genius than Berbatov's probably managed in his entire career - and I rate Berbatov. Pedro's on another level.

Guest kingdawson

You dont know whos better? Beardsley or Berbatov? Right, thats me out of this 'Debate'. This is either a wind up, you're diluded or you can see in to the future.

Again ill ask you, Do you class Peter Beardsley as a striker??

That's exactly what it is tbh. I think he started off actually believing he was right but enjoyed the attention he got when he subsequently got loads of bites and is trying it on again. Best off ignoring him imo.

Guest kingdawson

Oh god, I cant understand how someone can say things like this. Shearer at his prime was one of the WORLD´S greatest players, Berbatov should try to make it to the top3 of the current Premiership first.

KingDawson, what happens if Berbatov fails next season? Shearer produced great displays for 15years, Berba still has A LOT to do..

During this whole debate ive never once said that Berbatov was or is a better striker then Shearer ever was. Berbatov will probably never ever reach the goalscoring heights of Shearer but my belief is that  berbatov has more to his game then Shearer did in his prime.

Who contributes more to a team?

in terms of goals, Shearer and in terms of assists Berbatov.

Guest kingdawson

That's exactly what it is tbh. I think he started off actually believing he was right but enjoyed the attention he got when he subsequently got loads of bites and is trying it on again. Best off ignoring him imo.

Oh ok so i started of believing what i said but ended up changing my mind during the debate? Makes perfect sense.

So which other "limited but somehow happens to be the complete goal machine" strikers is Berbatov better than then after one season and eleven goals in the Premiership?

Gerd Muller perhaps? Jimmy Greaves? Marco van Basten? Romario? Go a bit further back and he's miles better than Di Stefano and Puskas, they only scored 1000 goals between them, but how many assists did they get?

You're a fruitcake, lad.

Guest Narttu

Why did Shearer cost £15m? Why RvN was a very expensive for ManU? Because goalscoring is the hardest job in football, and these 2 were the very best in it. Berbatov can pass, shoot, do some tricks and so on.. But he is not a natural goalscorer.

One old striker once said that "Strikers are and will always be judged by the goals they score, no matter what people say".

Guest kingdawson

So which other "limited but somehow happens to be the complete goal machine" strikers is Berbatov better than then after one season and eleven goals in the Premiership?

Gerd Muller perhaps? Jimmy Greaves? Marco van Basten? Romario? Go a bit further back and he's miles better than Di Stefano and Puskas, they only scored 1000 goals between them, but how many assists did they get?

You're a fruitcake, lad.

Your sarcastic post shows how clueless you are tbh. Van nistelroory though a very good goalscorer was also a limited player. Take for instance Filippo Inzaghi, the guy has managed to score so many goals on a constant bases despite being a very limited striker (i suppose someones going to try and argue that now).

Guest firetotheworks

Ive been doing my fantasy league team, so thats why theres been a delay. Beardsley was played as either a second striker or as a midfielder. In both situations he was brilliant, scored a shit load of goals and created a whole lot more. Technically in another league to Berbatov at the moment. By your rules my unborn son is better than Maradona.

Guest kingdawson

Tbh who ever thinks that being a goalscorer instantly proves that your'e not a limited player is a 'delusional jackass'.

List of players that are or were good goalscorers yet limited players

Inzahi

Vieri

Van nistelrooy

Koller

You're a fruitcake, lad.

Your sarcastic post shows how clueless you are tbh. Van nistelroory though a very good goalscorer was also a limited player. Take for instance Filippo Inzaghi, the guy has managed to score so many goals on a constant bases despite being a very limited striker (i suppose someones going to try and argue that now).

How was Shearer a limited player when he scored every type of goal?

You call me clueless and you think Dimitar Berbatov can be mentioned in the same sentence as Shearer and Beardsley?

If the shoe was on the other foot and one of our lot was on Glory Glory comparing Lee to Hoddle, I'd be embarrassed. I'd hope other Spurs fans would be, however knowing them, I suspect not.

Guest firetotheworks

Why are you still talking to this delusional jackass?

He asked me a question directly. No point being ignorant if you can put a good point across. KD, that list you've put up there is fair enough, but not Van Nistlerooy, Amazing striker, in no way limited in my eyes, just used to the best of his abilities. Same goes for Shearer.

Guest kingdawson

Oh and you can add Gary Linekar to that list. Linekar was the classic fox in the box striker who done nothing but score goals (which is not a very easy thing to do).

Why are you still talking to this delusional jackass?

He asked me a question directly. No point being ignorant if you can put a good point across. KD, that list you've put up there is fair enough, but not Van Nistlerooy, Amazing striker, in no way limited in my eyes, just used to the best of his abilities. Same goes for Shearer.

You plural. The braying of a donkey.

Could be -- was--  a decent thread.

Oh and you can add Gary Linekar to that list. Linekar was the classic fox in the box striker who done nothing but score goals (which is not a very easy thing to do).

Is spelling his name incorrectly another way you have chosen to dimish his accomplishments? Or is it just more proof you are a complete tool?

Guest kingdawson

You're a fruitcake, lad.

How was Shearer a limited player when he scored every type of goal?

You call me clueless and you think Dimitar Berbatov can be mentioned in the same sentence as Shearer and Beardsley?

If the shoe was on the other foot and one of our lot was on Glory Glory comparing Lee to Hoddle, I'd be embarrassed. I'd hope other Spurs fans would be, however knowing them, I suspect not.

Tbh im 90% sure that most neutral fans would agree that Berbatov possess more to his game then Shearer in his prime yet Shearer is clearly the better goalscorer.

Let me as you something then Wullie, Did shearer ever in his career have the touch and technique of berbatov?, did Shearer ever have the creativity of Berbatov?

Comparing this debate to rob lee and Glenn Hoddle more or less proves how delusional you are.

Guest kingdawson

You hate him so much you can't even spell his name?

Funny. Dont hate him at all but cant deny that he wasnt one dimensional. LINEKER if it makes you feel better pointing out my spelling mistakes (and theres many).

Tbh im 90% sure that most neutral fans ...

Who are these neutrals you keep talking about? Fellow Spurs blokes you have been talking to no doubt because 90% of neutrals would laugh in your face.

Guest kingdawson

Tbh im 90% sure that most neutral fans ...

Who are these neutrals you keep talking about? Fellow Spurs blokes you have been talking to no doubt because 90% of neutrals would laugh in your face.

I fail to see how fellow spurs fans can be classed as neutrals but whatever.