Premierships Best Attack?

toontownman

Guest kingdawson

which one of those strikers possess the many different attributes that Berbatov has in his locker?

Spurs for goalscoring. Manu for quality.

Spurs are reminding me of our Shearer/Ferdinand/Asprilla/Beardsley season. sadly.

Would prefer Berbatov to any of that lot tbh though Shearer and Ferdinand in their prime definatly beat the rest.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Is he saying what i think he is saying?  :lol:

I think he is.  blueyes.gif

I'm fairly sure he genuinely believes it too.

If it weren't a bannable offence to do so, I'd call him the most idiotic and delusional retard I've ever come across in my time on N-O. :lol:

which one of those strikers possess the many different attributes that Berbatov has in his locker?

Alan Shearer.

And vastly more, as well.

Only Asprilla wasn't a better player, arguably Ferdinand as well I suppose.

Spurs are reminding me of our Shearer/Ferdinand/Asprilla/Beardsley season. sadly.

Would prefer Berbatov to any of that lot tbh though Shearer and Ferdinand in their prime definatly beat the rest.

Yeah cos Berbatov is far better than Shearer ever was.  mackems.gif

:kasper: :frantic: :uglystupid2: mackems.gif

The biased football fan at his peak

ARE YOU ACTUALLY BEING SERIOUS?

ARE YOU ACTUALLY BEING SERIOUS?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest kingdawson

Alan Shearer.

mackems.gif mackems.gif shearer??

so Shearer has the vision and creativity of Berbatov? NO

So shearer has the passing ability of Berbatov? NO

So Shearer has the touch and Control of Berbatov? NO

So Shearer has the link-up play of Berbatov? NO

Beardsley may be closer to the truth, though i still feel Berbatov is the overall better player.

Guest kingdawson

Cant really understand how people can honestly say that Shearer was ever a better player then Berbatov. Better Striker? Yes, Better goalscorer? Yes, but no way was he ever a better player then Berbatov.

Between 93 and 97 Alan Shearer scored 121 goals in 148 Premiership games, why would anyone in their right mind rather have Berbatov over someone with goalscoring ability like that?!

How old are you Kingdawson?

Alan Shearer.

Beardsley may be closer to the truth, though i still feel Berbatov is the overall better player.

Link up play, yes.

Berbatov is nowhere near the finisher Shearer was, he's got nowhere near the shot from distance Shearer had, he's nowhere near as good in the air. Shearer at his peak was quicker too.

If you really think Berbatov is a better striker than Shearer in his prime then you are, without question, the stupidest human being I've ever encountered.

Bar none.

Cant really understand how people can honestly say that Shearer was ever a better player then Berbatov. Better Striker? Yes, Better goalscorer? Yes, but no way was he ever a better player then Berbatov.

Is being a class striker/goalscorer not sufficient attributes to be a good 'player'?

Fucking hell. Were you living under a rock between 93 and 97? :lol:

Shearer and Ferdinand in and around their prime were easily better than the Berb in pretty much all departments.

Alan Shearer.

Link up play, yes.

Berbatov is nowhere near the finisher Shearer was, he's got nowhere near the shot from distance Shearer had, he's nowhere near as good in the air. Shearer at his peak was quicker too.

If you really think Berbatov is a better striker than Shearer in his prime then you are, without question, the stupidest human being I've ever encountered.

Bar none.

He'e being a WUM. blueyes.gif

Guest kingdawson

Alan Shearer.

Link up play, yes.

If you really think Berbatov is a better striker than Shearer in his prime then you are, without question, the stupidest human being I've ever encountered.Bar none.

Shearer's link-up play consisted of him using his upper body strength to protect the ball and wait patiently for a runner from midfield to help. To me that dosent show he has good link up play, just means he was strong.

As for your last sentence, i never claimed Berbatov was the better striker just that he is a much better player overall to Alan shearer which most neutral would agree with tbh.

Alan Shearer.

Link up play, yes.

Bar none.

He'e being a WUM. blueyes.gif

Awh, and when you posted what I'd said without adding anything of your own I thought you were agreeing with me.  :-[

Alan Shearer.

Sorry, are you on smack? I genuinely can't believe what I'm reading.

Most neutrals would not agree to that :lol:

Most numpties however do seem to overlook Shearer's overall play, ability to pass the ball and footballing brain just because he was a strong and consistent goal scorer.

Alan Shearer.

Link up play, yes.

If you really think Berbatov is a better striker than Shearer in his prime then you are, without question, the stupidest human being I've ever encountered.Bar none.

Shearer's link-up play consisted of him using his upper body strength to protect the ball and wait patiently for a runner from midfield to help. To me that dosent show he has good link up play, just means he was strong.

As for your last sentence, i never claimed Berbatov was the better striker just that he is a much better player overall to Alan shearer which most neutral would agree with tbh.

If you play as a striker then you are judged on how good you are as a striker. link up play is about being strong, not all about poncy flicks n fannying about with stepovers.

Guest kingdawson

Between 93 and 97 Alan Shearer scored 121 goals in 148 Premiership games, why would anyone in their right mind rather have Berbatov over someone with goalscoring ability like that?!

How old are you Kingdawson?

Planning to resort to your usual tactics of attacking me on a personnel level are we now Baggio??