Jamie Carragher to quit England.

Newcastle Fan

Taylor has the potential to be a top class defender, but he's very raw at the moment. Put someone Woodgate-esque alongside him and he could be one of the very best IMO. But, at the moment, he makes mistakes regularly and only his Geordie boy status saves him from criticism.

Exactly, they slated Bramble last season when Taylor was as much the culprit too.

Not really... Remember Bramble getting lots of praise for a while on here last season. When he came back from injury, he had a 5-10 games where he was brilliant and got credit for it.

Thats englands loss big time!they never gave him a proper chance,hes a way better defender than  rio ferdinand!hes not a full back,simple as!!!!

right

heading - Rio

tackling - tie

pace - Rio

Strength - Rio

reading - Rio

technique - Rio

it's no contest, Rio is ten times the defender Carragher could ever be

are you taking the p***! Carragher is younger, stronger, better at tackling! also better at scoring more goals

Mate, first Deco and Raul, now Ferdinand and Carragher, you REALLY need to learn ages. If you don't know, instead of bullshitting, use wikipedia or something.

i think i might actually know enough about football already, carragher is better than rio

:lol: Rightyo

Thats englands loss big time!they never gave him a proper chance,hes a way better defender than  rio ferdinand!hes not a full back,simple as!!!!

right

heading - Rio

tackling - tie

pace - Rio

Strength - Rio

reading - Rio

technique - Rio

are you taking the p***! Carragher is younger, stronger, better at tackling! also better at scoring more goals

Mate, first Deco and Raul, now Ferdinand and Carragher, you REALLY need to learn ages. If you don't know, instead of bullshitting, use wikipedia or something.

i think i might actually know enough about football already, carragher is better than rio

Leave the lad alone.

Anyway back on topic I think Sol Campbell should be ahead of Rio and Carragher as he is fitter and younger and the better player.

right

heading - Rio

tackling - tie

pace - Rio

Strength - Rio

reading - Rio

technique - Rio

Leave the lad alone.

Anyway back on topic I think Sol Campbell should be ahead of Rio and Carragher as he is fitter and younger and the better player.

I'd play Woodgate ahead of all three of them.

right

heading - Rio

tackling - tie

pace - Rio

Strength - Rio

reading - Rio

technique - Rio

Leave the lad alone.

Too old.

right

heading - Rio

tackling - tie

pace - Rio

Strength - Rio

reading - Rio

technique - Rio

Leave the lad alone.

Too old.

:lol:  Just noticed the joke in the other post, didn't spot it earlier.

Guest Dr. Pongle

Why don't Shola and Ramage get this special Geordie boy get out of jail card?

Because they're just shite.

Guest optimistic nit

Never realised he was 29, I thought he was 25/26, I remember when he was just a kid. Carragher is class, he's just unlucky he was Terry and Rio to compete with.

didn't carra make a few appearences, then dissapear for 2-3 years, meaning i at least thought he was pretty shite, only for him to return and be absolutely immense?

Guest Stephen927

Good Premiership defender but just doesn't have enough about him to be able to displace Rio, Terry or Woodgate. His biggest problem is also one of his greatest assets, the ability to play anywhere across the back four. For England, Carragher is like what Gallas used to be for Chelsea after 2003.

I can understand why he would want to retire from international football, he's never really had a run of games at centre back, not even in friendlies. I hope he changes his mind though, as he's showed he can be a decent utility man and is a very useful player.

Guest kingdawson

Good riddance if this is true. Carragher is nowhere near international class and is probably the 5th best English centre back so really isnt needed.

Good riddance if this is true. Carragher is nowhere near international class and is probably the 5th best English centre back so really isnt needed.

But streets better than King and light years ahead of the other muppet in your username-behave ffs.

Guest youcantseeme

Sure he is. CL > Internationals. Good luck to England, look forward to a simple throw in alluding Terry on the first bounce in 2008  :frantic:

Sure he is. CL > Internationals. Good luck to England, look forward to a simple throw in alluding Terry on the first bounce in 2008  :frantic:

as opposed to Carragher trying to slide tackle the cunt taking the throw in?

Guest Invicta_Toon

Carragher only cares about Liverpool, thats why he's been nothing special for England.

if this absolute pile of turd of a post was true, who would even blame him?

Guest alex

Carragher's fucking class. Should have been played a lot more in his favourite position for England imo.

Carragher's fucking class. Should have been played a lot more in his favourite position for England imo.

Aye, can't believe people like Brown and King get in ahead of him. Should be first choice cover after Rio and Terry imo.

Carragher's f****** class. Should have been played a lot more in his favourite position for England imo.

Aye, can't believe people like Brown and King get in ahead of him. Should be first choice cover after Rio and Terry imo.

King is a much better defender than Carragher and scores goals.

Guest alex

Carragher's f****** class. Should have been played a lot more in his favourite position for England imo.

King is a much better defender than Carragher and scores goals.

There can't be many players in the world who are 'much better' defenders than Carragher. King certainly isn't. Not saying King isn't a good player btw.

Guest WalkervilleMag

he has been getting stick on Talksport,  now has just rung up live, and is going off on one to Mickey Quinn and Adrian Durham  lol