Other clubs' transfer deadline day discussion

GeordieDazzler

Wow ... that's expensive, but he would slot into that Everton quite brilliantly and so it might well be worth it. Arteta, Johnson, Yakubu, Cahill and Fernandes. Very nice collection of players.

Neville, Yobo, Lescott, Baines Arteta, Fernandes, Cahill, Johnson & Yakubu.

That's a canny base for a 1st team, better than ours imo.

Without doubt. Need a left winger, and Jagielka should do a good job for them as well. A better keeper as well, if we're being picky, but Howard is no slouch.

On a par IMO.

Moyes has done a cracking job for them.

Without doubt. Need a left winger, and Jagielka should do a good job for them as well. A better keeper as well, if we're being picky, but Howard is no slouch.

I really don't know how Everton will set it out but aye, Jagielka can play RB & DMC can't he just like Phil Neville. Strike force backed up by two very hot prospects through their academy, Hibbert backup to RB, McFadden backup as well, its looking a mighty tough team.

Nest summer they bring in a competent left winger and better goalkeeper and they'll be difficult to beat home and away.

I really don't know how Everton will set it out but aye, Jagielka can play RB & DMC can't he just like Phil Neville. Strike force backed up by two very hot prospects through their academy, Hibbert backup to RB, McFadden backup as well, its looking a mighty tough team.

Nest summer they bring in a competent left winger and better goalkeeper and they'll be difficult to beat home and away.

Howard is a very underrated goalkeeper IMO. Better than the likes of Lehmann and Reina.

Osman is doing well on the left, but they could even play Arteta there and slot Pienaar in on the right.

When Baines and Jagielka are fit they will have a back four of Jagielka, Yobo, Lescott and Baines.

I think they are ahead of us at the moment for sure. Hats off to Moyes. The man persevered and he is finally getting some money out of the owners.

Howard is pretty good. I'd take Reina over him, but he's probably in the top 7 or 8 in the prem. I think they'd be better off keeping him and saving their money for a class left winger, could use someone with pace to burn in that midfield. Don't look like they're going to be the boring team Moyes has been showing us for so long much longer.

Howard is a very underrated goalkeeper IMO. Better than the likes of Lehmann and Reina.

He's decent, i just don't think he can nadle big game pressure very well, and you'll need that to push Everton into the top 4.

He's good enough for now most certainly and yes, better than Lehmann however i'd take Reina over him everytime even though he's shite in the air.

wish he'd stay in boro where he was relatively docile... Don't want evrton getting him.

Don't think they're any better than us though.. about the same iyam, besides arteta (pure class) theyr midfield is lacking especially down the wings

Guest Guinness

They've got a solid back line, solidarity and flair in midfield and now a potentially prolific strike force. They'll definetely be much improved this season.

I'd like to think we're on a similar level, but there's still a few areas that we need to improve, right back being the obvious one. We could also do with a creative midfielder although if Emre gets back to his best he could provide a solution.

It should be an interesting season with so many sides making significant improvements to their squads.

wish he'd stay in boro where he was relatively docile... Don't want evrton getting him.

Don't think they're any better than us though.. about the same iyam, besides arteta (pure class) theyr midfield is lacking especially down the wings

Cahill is better than anyone we have too.

Well they've just signed a 'keeper, Stefan Wessels.  Never heard of him, so don't know how good he is though.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/e/everton/6957186.stm

Best avatar, ever. That kid in the red reminds me of someone.

As for Yakubu to Everton... they are looking more and more interesting by the transfer.

Here's hoping 'Boro splash it on someone utterly toss.

As for Yakubu to Everton... they are looking more and more interesting by the transfer.

Well, Mido is nailed-on to explode in a shower of cake and sulking at some point.....

Well, Mido is nailed-on to explode in a shower of cake and sulking at some point.....

Exactly, somebody else of a similar nature would be delightful. I've heard there's a lad called Luque available for about £5m.

Exactly, somebody else of a similar nature would be delightful. I've heard there's a lad called Luque available for about £5m.

Its a shame Anelka has come good, he'd have been a great accompaniment to Mido a while back.

Moody and Moodier. They probably will try and bid for him, like. If the full extent of this £11M is getting reinvested, and they don't just have £4-5M of it left after Mido's purchase.

Mido and Aliadiere for Viduka and Yakubu... not brilliant.

Moody and Moodier. They probably will try and bid for him, like. If the full extent of this £11M is getting reinvested, and they don't just have £4-5M of it left after Mido's purchase.

Mido and Aliadiere for Viduka and Yakubu... not brilliant.

much as i have little time for Viduka, thats class that. I'd forgot about Jeremie "Its all Wengers fault, boo hoo" Aliadiere. :lol:

Guest teepee

yes - that is a bloody good team. still a bit narrow, a few injuries will hit them hard. but without they look very good indeed!

It's Roeder giving his half time team talk at AZ Alkmaar last season.

Nugent has looked woeful. The hype around him was insane. I remember people wanting him instead of Martins!

I had never seen too much of him until the under 21 tournament and he was completely shown up by Lita who looked a far better player. Nugent didn't convince me at all.

Chopra and Keane must be having a right old giggle.