Other clubs' transfer deadline day discussion

GeordieDazzler

I reckon Sunderland for Harte.

I rate Mido as a decent player, don't get me wrong, he's certainly not useless.

I also think he'll get goals and do a job for them BUT why has his price gone through the roof and will he be there any more than 12 months? Doubtful.

Thats what makes him a dodgy buy for them imo.

Guest Triglett

Levy's done it again. I can't remember a player we haven't made a profit on in recent years, which includes dross like Rasiak and Davenport. Generally we've done extremely well in the transfer market, which gives me confidence in our new signings  :celb:

I think Mido will do well, although Southgate would probably be somewhere near the bottom of a list of managers who could control him. Downing and Tuncay on the wings should provide him plenty of ammunition, and that's something he definitely lacked at Spurs, what with our fear of width and crosses. And I think people have completely the wrong idea about him being lazy, just because he can be a fat bastard - he certainly puts the effort in on the pitch, and his countless moves suggest to me that he's very motivated to play football, as well as his outburst at being substitituted at the ACN the season before last. I don't think he'll come short of replacing Viduka's goals, though at a very hefty price of £7m he remains a risky buy.

:kasper:  By god ur right.. spurs seem to always sell their players for unusually high prices.. i mean carrick for i think ,it was, 16 million.. almost had a heart attack when i heard.

remember they also spend silly money tho (please nobody mention berbatov. :blush: ) on shyt like bent.

:kasper:  By god ur right.. spurs seem to always sell their players for unusually high prices.. i mean carrick for i think ,it was, 16 million.. almost had a heart attack when i heard.

remember they also spend silly money tho (please nobody mention berbatov. :blush: ) on shyt like bent.

Aye, because Bent's shyt (sic)

will have been mentioned already but the Mackems are really scraping the barrel showing their interest in Andy Cole........maybe he's still "Outstanding" though :shifty:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_2660575,00.html

haha, wonder if thats available for download anywhere.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=43499.0 :coolsmiley:

nice one Dave.

Heard on the radio that Crouch wants to talk to Rafa about his future as he is now 4th choice striker.

On a kind of vaguely related subject...

In the Telegraph at the weekend, there was an article about the number of foreign players in each club's squad.  They listed the number of players and the percentage of foreign ones.  (I don't have the article so this is just from memory)

It said that Liverpool had 45 players and Aston Villa had 20 (explains why Brummie is panicking so much).  We had 31 which was around the average and Spurs had 34.

I don't know how they have come up with the figures and I suppose the 45 for Liverpool includes all those foreign kids they keep buying and who are unlikely to feature but I was struck by the huge disparity in numbers.

Heard on the radio that Crouch wants to talk to Rafa about his future as he is now 4th choice striker.

On a kind of vaguely related subject...

In the Telegraph at the weekend, there was an article about the number of foreign players in each club's squad.  They listed the number of players and the percentage of foreign ones.  (I don't have the article so this is just from memory)

It said that Liverpool had 45 players and Aston Villa had 20 (explains why Brummie is panicking so much).  We had 31 which was around the average and Spurs had 34.

I don't know how they have come up with the figures and I suppose the 45 for Liverpool includes all those foreign kids they keep buying and who are unlikely to feature but I was struck by the huge disparity in numbers.

Aye, think Liverpool have signed something like 14 players this summer!

Ian Harte leaves Levante.

I wonder which jokers are going to panic and sign him.

I reckon Wigan :shifty:

Wouldn't be surprised. They are resorting to playing Kilbane at left back now :lol:

Sunderland? They had Ross Wallace at left-back on Saturday, Irish connection, etc.

Actually said to my cousin that I could see them going for him a few weeks ago.

Some of the more famous players, 28 in total. Definitely a very large squad. The middle of midfield is ridiculous, with Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano, Sissoko and Leiva all vying for a place.

3 DF Steve Finnan

4 DF Sami Hyypiä

5 DF Daniel Agger

6 DF John Arne Riise

7 MF Harry Kewell

8 MF Steven Gerrard (captain)

9 FW Fernando Torres

10 FW Andriy Voronin

11 MF Yossi Benayoun

12 DF Fábio Aurélio

14 MF Xabi Alonso

15 FW Peter Crouch

16 MF Jermaine Pennant

17 DF Álvaro Arbeloa

18 FW Dirk Kuyt

19 FW Ryan Babel

20 MF Javier Mascherano

21 MF Lucas Leiva

22 MF Mohamed Sissoko

23 DF Jamie Carragher (vice-captain)

25 GK José Manuel Reina

29 DF Gabriel Paletta

30 GK Charles Itandje

33 MF Sebastián Leto

38 FW Craig Lindfield

40 GK David Martin

42 FW Nabil El Zhar

48 DF Emiliano Insúa (on loan from Boca Juniors)

Ross Wallace has been very good as left back for Sunderland since he converted to that position. He was excellent against Spurs. He is left winger by trade and indeed fill in the position once Richardson left. I don't think that Sunderland are interested in signing another left back. Once Baines made his mind up to join Everton Sunderland were never linked with any other left back again.

THe secret guarding in Sunderland is terrible. Sunderland were heavily linked with Halford, Baines, Nugent, Chopra, Richardson, Gordon and Mido. If Keane is interested in Harte all the papers will be reporting the "rumour".

Would i be wrong to say that our squad isn't a million miles behind Liverpool's? Meh, i suppose there's has got more potential than our's.

Take out Stevie G and Carragher and a few good signings on our part we'd certainly be not too far behind imo.