Sunderland sign Chopra. £5m!

Mr Logic

Sticking to your guns

As reported by The Sun back in 2005:

'Roy Keane has slammed five Manchester United team-mates on MUTV as not good enough. The United skipper tore into Alan Smith, John O'Shea, Kieran Richardson, Liam Miller and Darren Fletcher in a TV interview - which was blocked from being shown by boss Alex Ferguson.'

As reported by the Daily Mirror back in 2005:

'Keane did not hold back with his withering criticism of Richardson, who gave away a penalty against Middlesbrough, and is alleged to have slammed the young England star's approach.'

For more details about what prompted the criticism, here's the Sunday Times:

'...a moment in the changing room at Carrington after Kieran Richardson told his teammates about ordering a Bentley Continental. Keane, it is said, heard the young player talk of his new car and related it to the 4-1 thrashing suffered by the team at the Riverside two days before.'

"It seems this club pays players to play badly," ranted Keane at the time.

Following today's Daily Mirror report that 'ROY KEANE is going back to Manchester United to sign winger Kieran Richardson for Sunderland in a £5.5million deal. And the big-spending Black Cats boss is also offering England wide boy Richardson £35,000 a week to talk him into joining his Premiership campaign,' Mediawatch would like to say it's good to see Sunderland will adopt a similar philosophy.

Guest Darth Toon

i hope this deal falls through at the end! Baird is going to Fulham not them  >:D

I heard Keane pulled out of the Baird deal at the last minute.  :lol:

Article in the Ronny where Bob Moncur is saying Chopra isn't welcome in Newcastle anymore. Jesus...it's not as if he's a terrorist.

correct, Jesus is not a terrorist

Article in the Ronny where Bob Moncur is saying Chopra isn't welcome in Newcastle anymore. Jesus...it's not as if he's a terrorist.

ho ho ho ho my sides are splitting ;) :lol:

ho ho ho ho my sides are splitting ;) :lol:

...chopra on the other hand

how long before he borrows clarkie's t-shirt (apologies if this has been said I haven't had time to read the whole thread)

No worries. You're only the 12th person to mention it.  ;)

Guest Geordiesned

sunderland = shop window for Chopra.

His own fatha's words not mine :lol:

Aye, I heard that from a mate who works with Chops dad today as well. :lol:

i love the way people say he couldnt hack it in the premiership when he only started 7 league games. it took tevez 25 to look decent.

Summed it up perfect!!! :clap:

I've not started any. Better than Tevez tbh.

Guest graemeh72

Chopra had approximately 3 years here where he was at the age where if he was actually any good, at least one of our managers would have picked him ahead of Ameobi.

If Shearer had rated Chopra then he would have played every fucking week

.. read into that what you will