Would you be willing to donate to Newcastle-Online?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We'd need to save for a while before we jumped onto a new server, like save at least six months worth of rent, so to speak. Which I imagine is going to take months.

Something will need to be done, I wasn't dismissing it or owt, just no chance we'd have enough to pay for a new server before the season starts.  

Hilarious amounts for a pre-season friendly man. :lol: I've just got back in, surprised we were running at all.

I voted no, but to be honest I'd throw a few quid in every year if it's going to be a worthwhile thing. I figured if I'm only going to be throwing in a small amount it wouldn't be worth it if it wasn't a popular feature.

We'd need to save for a while before we jumped onto a new server, like save at least six months worth of rent, so to speak.  Which I imagine is going to take months. 

Something will need to be done, I wasn't dismissing it or owt, just no chance we'd have enough to pay for a new server before the season starts. 

Hilarious amounts for a pre-season friendly man. :lol: I've just got back in, surprised we were running at all.

Surely thats reason enough for you to get the paypal link set up sooner rather than later though? Technically you dont even need a button to be displayed just pop the link in this thread and you're motoring...donatetastic tbh

Why not combine the two ways of raising money? one have advertising within the forum, be they google ads or something else at the same time offer a membership which gives those that pay the forum without the adverts. That way those that are contributing are getting a better service for their money ie advert free forum and those that dont pay are still contributing by clicking on ads.

Guest Gemmill

That's a canny good idea actually Pud.  The paying for an advert-free forum thing.  Not bad for a cochon! ;)

We'd need to save for a while before we jumped onto a new server, like save at least six months worth of rent, so to speak.  Which I imagine is going to take months. 

Surely thats reason enough for you to get the paypal link set up sooner rather than later though? Technically you dont even need a button to be displayed just pop the link in this thread and you're motoring...donatetastic tbh

Why not combine the two ways of raising money? one have advertising within the forum, be they google ads or something else at the same time offer a membership which gives those that pay the forum without the adverts. That way those that are contributing are getting a better service for their money ie advert free forum and those that dont pay are still contributing by clicking on ads.

It sure is a reason to get it up quickly, but we're... er... doing something just now.. :shifty: 

That's a sound idea by the way, not sure if we'll do that, but good idea it is. 

• 1 month later...

Just today applied for a loan of a grand.

Which I'll be using to buy some custom-fit, sexy as f*** new...

Golf clubs.  :blush:

Dear me :lol:

http://www.pricebustergolf.co.uk/ishop/images/1035/TI_905R.jpghttp://www.golfstuffreview.com/fotos/755.jpghttp://www.pricebustergolf.co.uk/ishop/images/1035/TI_VokeySpinMilled_6004.jpg

Swooning just looking at them aren't you, admit it!!  :razz:

Just today applied for a loan of a grand.

Which I'll be using to buy some custom-fit, sexy as f*** new...

Golf clubs.  :blush:

Dear me :lol:

http://www.pricebustergolf.co.uk/ishop/images/1035/TI_905R.jpghttp://www.golfstuffreview.com/fotos/755.jpghttp://www.pricebustergolf.co.uk/ishop/images/1035/TI_VokeySpinMilled_6004.jpg

Swooning just looking at them aren't you, admit it!!  :razz:

Please don't tell me you're shelling a grand out on a set of golf bats.  :undecided:

Please don't tell me you're shelling a grand out on a set of golf bats.  :undecided:

:lol:

Afraid so, though that's in Euro's if that eases your mind at all.

Badly needed a new set of irons for a long time, may as well pay a few hundred extra and get some top ones that'll last me a good decade or so.

I play an awful amount and I'm fairly good tbh so it's a worthwhile investment for me.

Badly needed a new set of irons for a long time, may as well pay a few hundred extra and get some top ones that'll last me a good decade or so.

I play an awful amount and I'm fairly good tbh so it's a worthwhile investment for me.

Aye, that's fair enough mate. :)

Not what I'd spend £700 on like but whatever floats your boat. Enjoy.  :thup:

tut tut tut.. there are kids in africa that can't even afford new golf clubs. think of how terrible their swing must be. extravagant bastid

tut tut tut.. there are kids in africa that can't even afford new golf clubs. think of how terrible their swing must be. extravagant bastid

That Ernie Els has been doing alright for himself. :lol: