More evidence that McClaren is clueless

Guest Dr. Pongle

Guest Dr. Pongle

Or maybe you are clueless.

Potential is there but he's error prone and makes rash tackles.

I may be wrong, but i was under the impression he was pretty average last season, but that he is now seen as some kind of junior Maldini for having hobbled through that U21 match.

As I said, I may be wrong.

I think he's alright, mind. Although every time i look at him I think of that hilarious "OMG! I'VE JUS BIN SHOT!!!!" thing he did against us.

just like john terry used to.  any excuse to have a go at taylor

That's what this sounds like... I guess we might as well just cancel his contract then if he absolutely and positively is never going to improve.

Guest Dr. Pongle

Like I said - the potential is there.

Guest exilim

I may be wrong, but i was under the impression he was pretty average last season, but that he is now seen as some kind of junior Maldini for having hobbled through that U21 match.

As I said, I may be wrong.

I think he's alright, mind. Although every time i look at him I think of that hilarious "OMG! I'VE JUS BIN SHOT!!!!" thing he did against us.

Good footballers have a sense of humor. Just like how Gazza showed the ref a yellow card. :)

Didn't turn into a world beater, but strong signs of yet another big step in the right direction. Plus getting a few goals along the way.

I don't see the problem.

After a good u21 tournament, McClaren says he is going to monitor him through a whole season. That's almost a whole year. And if Taylor improves in that time - why shouldn't he be considerd in the first team?

Tin hat on.

I think he's very average at the moment. He's still young and I'm sure he'll improve and stop making as many mistakes as he currently does. I'm not doubting his commitment or effort and he's not a bad player by ay stretch of the imagnation.....I just don't think he's the player some make him out to be. I wish he was superb  -but he's just...not. Yet.

Really want Allardyce to sign someone like Sol Campbell who will bring him on as a better player.

Guest Dr. Pongle

Tin hat on.

I think he's very average at the moment. He's still young and I'm sure he'll improve and stop making as many mistakes as he currently does. I'm not doubting his commitment or effort and he's not a bad player by ay stretch of the imagnation.....I just don't think he's the player some make him out to be. I wish he was superb  -but he's just...not. Yet.

Really want Allardyce to sign someone like Sol Campbell who will bring him on as a better player.

Nail on head. Well said.

Kev, cram it.

Tin hat on.

No need for the tin hat, I would say that is the general feeling in here about Taylor.

He has a long way to go, there is just this extreme element in here that either..

a) Hype him up so much he is hailed as world class and should be captain.

b) Run him down to being worse than Ramage.

Both opinions are destructive to his career. But they are just that, opinions.

That's what this sounds like... I guess we might as well just cancel his contract then if he absolutely and positively is never going to improve.

Its as if you are saying Newcastle fans would write off a young lad because he isn't the finished article by 21 years old! Yeah like that happens!

Taylor definitely has a long way to go and needs someone he can learn off instead of covering for like he has in the past. Though if Dawson (who seems to make a big mistake everytime I see him play) can make the England squad....