Aldo Duscher arrives on trial - and promptly leaves?

Nicky

Also, the trial would indicate that his club are happy to sell, the fee probably won't be big and, with any luck, he won't be on huge wages.

He doesn't have a club now. He's available on a bosman.

I don't know an awful lot about him, he sounds German?

From what I've read, he sounds like a hard at it, combative midfielder, exactly like Parker is.

So it seems that he could perhaps be a replacement for Parker, and for free there can be no complaints really.

People are going hysterical when he hasn't even signed yet. Sam's doing the proper thing by trying him out first, there's every chance he won't be good enough and Sam won't be too fussed. You lose nowt for giving someone a trial; we'll find out whether he's good enough or not in a weeks time - no reason to start speculating on his quality (or potential lack of) at this time.

Sam's done nowt wrong, infact, it's a really good idea. Very highly rated a year or so ago - he plays a position where we've only got one other member of the squad who can play - so he's getting in some European cover for free; or atleast is going to see whether or not it's worth it to.

Take a look at our past two managers' transfer debacles before you slate Sam's methods - we'd have never seen this under Roeder ffs.

Guest Verlaine

I don't know an awful lot about him, he sounds German?

From what I've read, he sounds like a hard at it, combative midfielder, exactly like Parker is.

So it seems that he could perhaps be a replacement for Parker, and for free there can be no complaints really.

Argentine. There was a fairly detailed thread about him, if I recall, when we were linked under Souness.

Its clear we need another defensive midfielder and that no agreement was reached with Edmilson. Sam is certainly carrying on as if he was still at Bolton,strange because one of the reasons he left Bolton was the lack of spending power.

Does Sam feel he cant attract top players in our present situation?

Is there any money actually available or does the club have to repay its debts first?

He believes in his own man-management skills & he trying to pump life back into the existing squad first, while boosting the squad with established premiership player/internationals. I would imagine next Jan or next preseason will be when the ante is upped.

On a trial and a possible free transfer. The most we can possibly lose in this deal is...nowt.

nowt.

nowt.

nothing.

nowt.

what is there to be possibly worried about?

nowt.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Vic will no doubt find something wrong.

that just wouldn't do would it? someone having a different opinion

get over your fucking self

Guest Invicta_Toon

without question but that's because he's senile.

you don't need to be senile to realise top teams and top managers don't piss around wasting time on free trialists in a transfer window when they have money in their pocket

small time deals for small time fans like you tbh

without question but that's because he's senile.

you don't need to be senile to realise top teams and top managers don't piss around wasting time on free trialists in a transfer window when they have money in their pocket

small time deals for small time fans like you tbh

Look at Liverpool & Spurs' incoming transfers...

Potentially:

Rozenhal, Geremi, Duscher, Barton, Viduka=£8.9m

Or we could have gone a different direction:

Gordon, Anderson, Halford, Richardson, Chopra=£24m approx

:lol:

Both us & the Scum have had knock backs:

Ben-Haim - Joining Champions League qualifier's & premiership runners up Chelsea

Beye - Staying with Champions League qualifier's & France's biggest club Marseilles

Nugent -  Didn't say no to Sunderland but the silence said it all & Sunderland withdrew the bid.

I went through the squads one-on-one and there was no comparison really," said Nugent. "That was really a big factor in my decision. Sunderland are a big club but Portsmouth have got the players in and are ambitious
http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2124233,00.html

Baird - Fancied the relegation battle with with a chap with some Northern Ireland roots like him, rather than a dog wanking prick from Southern Ireland.

Also, the trial would indicate that his club are happy to sell, the fee probably won't be big and, with any luck, he won't be on huge wages.

He doesn't have a club now. He's available on a bosman.

Oh didn't realise. Even better.

On a trial and a possible free transfer. The most we can possibly lose in this deal is...nowt.

As I said on the last page, I don't think it's that simple. If we sign Duscher it means we're not getting someone else. And if it turns out Duscher isn't good enough we're stuck with him, probably for two or more years on decent wages (plus signing on fee), and if an opportunity comes up to sign a better player we could have a problem peddling him. In short, we don't want to end up with dead wood.

I don't know how Duscher will turn out, but these are my reservations. We have experience in Butt, and experienced cover available in Geremi. This is one position where I think a youthful understudy may be a better answer. Just my thoughts, I'm not against this signing but I feel we'd be better off forking out a bit of money on an up and coming player with his best years just ahead of him like Diarra from Chelsea.

Guest Verlaine

that just wouldn't do would it? someone having a different opinion

get over your f****** self

You always seem to have a different opinion, though, Vic. Coincidence? Or contrariness?

As I said on the last page, I don't think it's that simple. If we sign Duscher it means we're not getting someone else. And if it turns out Duscher isn't good enough, we send him back to Deportivo, probably for two or more years on decent wages (plus signing on fee), and if an opportunity comes up to sign a better player we could have a problem peddling him. In short, we don't want to end up with dead wood.

I don't know how Duscher will turn out, but these are my reservations. We have experience in Butt, and experienced cover available in Geremi. This is one position where I think a youthful understudy may be a better answer. Just my thoughts, I'm not against this signing but I feel we're possibly missing out on a lot of better options.

FYP. Do people not understand the concept of trials?

Guest Invicta_Toon

you're forgetting Sam's previous turnover of shite non-appearing bodies

like I said, can't change his spots