Aldo Duscher arrives on trial - and promptly leaves?

Nicky

All those people arguing over this transfer need to button it for a week. Hes arrived here on a trial, not a free. He could be gone in a weeks time so just wait it out and see what happens.

I recall so many people on this board saying how he'd be the ideal player to sign not so long ago so he could be another free gem if we're lucky.

Agreed.  Look at Francesco Coco the other year.  He was s***, even against Yeading, so we sent him packing.  Once (if) he's signed, then get your knickers in a twist.

If Allardyce had been here last year, I think we probably would have signed Coco without even a trial. Roeder and Allardyce have different philosophies when it comes to buying players.

Guest pont-toon

depor fans probably saying what we would have said about nicky butt this time last year

perhaps the big fella can get him fit/motivated again - worth a punt i  suppose, not much risk involved

may also see a spin off if it helps luque to feel more at home

People who are having a pre-knock at Duscher can you lay out clearly why?

They put free transfer + a few comments on the Deportivo forum and came to the conclusion he was s***.

Are you his mother or something?

Personally I'd tend to put a fair bit of value on what fans of his own team have to say about him.

I would, i speak to a lot of them every week  :uglystupid2:

Post the link to the forum where they all say he's a good player, I'd like to read it.

http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3341&page=31 Latest comments.

depor fans probably saying what we would have said about nicky butt this time last year

perhaps the big fella can get him fit/motivated again - worth a punt i  suppose, not much risk involved

may also see a spin off if it helps luque to feel more at home

If we did give him a contract i'd make it a rolling one, until January to prove himself, then new contract negotiations if he'd proved himself.

It would make him get up off his arse that's for sure!

Guest Guinness

Got to agree with OML that it seems really strange we're looking at this. It seems that there is money to spend, a good young DM with a lot of potential that can compete for the holding midfield role with Butt seems to be as obvious a place as any to spend a bit.

Unless Allardyce has a couple of truly big money targets in mind this all does seem a bit strange.

Dare I suggest that maybe we won't be spending much money at all this summer. Mort has said there is money available, but for all we know that could be £10m, and we'll need to focus it all on defence in that case.

Perhaps the plan is to have Allardyce work on putting together a solid, cheap squad this summer that will do us for the season while Ashley and his people review the club thoroughly from top to bottom before really splashing out next year? I'm inclined to doubt it, but it's a possibility.

Agree with this, judging by our business so far and who we're rumoured to be after it doesn't look as if there is that much to spend or at least no where near as much as people expect. Barring Deco we've not been linked with any big money moves, people will argue that it is still early in the window, however Allardyce himself said he wanted to have the majority of our transfers sorted by the time the season begins.

I'm not complaining about the situation, just trying to keep things in perspective, the takeover has put the club in a much better position than we were in. Mort has already sounded out the debt as one major problem that has to be addressed and this is reassuring, it seems things were getting out of hand under the old board. However purely from what I've seen so far it doesn't look as if we're going to be spending on the scale some other clubs have or will be doing this summer. I'm sure Allardyce will have been informed of what he has available to him and it seems by looking at deals like this he's concentrating whatever is available to him on the defense.

Guest Armchair Pundit

I don't give a monkey's chuff what the Depor fans say tbh, whenever I've seen him play he's been good enough. It's not a massive risk and if anyone can get the best out of him Sam's the man.

They put free transfer + a few comments on the Deportivo forum and came to the conclusion he was s***.

Personally I'd tend to put a fair bit of value on what fans of his own team have to say about him.

Post the link to the forum where they all say he's a good player, I'd like to read it.

http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3341&page=31 Latest comments.

Fair enough, I'll trust Big Sam's judgement on this one as I know fuck all about Duscher in all honesty. Would still prefer someone younger but whatever.

Let's hope we'll be splashing the cash on two or three really top class players, that's the ideal explanation as to why we're after so many cheap transfers.

The not so ideal explanation being that we're not gonna spend much money at all.

Well considering none of the posters on there are from Spain I'd say they haven't seen much more of him than I have.

From what I've seen of him he's an average player with no technical ability and wouldn't be an improvement on Butt, not what we need.

Well considering none of the posters on there are from Spain I'd say they haven't seen much more of him than I have.

From what I've seen of him he's an average player with no technical ability and wouldn't be an improvement on Butt, not what we need.

Haha, are you serious? the majority of them aren't English, they're Deportivo FANS, they watch the games every week.

Last comment in that thread from Filip  :laugh:

Haha, are you serious? the majority of them aren't English, they're Deportivo FANS, they watch the games every week.

Their from Glasgow, Watford, Barbados, Guatemala, London, Holland, Belgium etc.

I'd take the word of the Spanish based fans who go to games who Ohmelads was refering to over any of this lot watching Sky Sports any day.

Average player who won't improve the starting 11, which is what we should be aiming for.

There from Glasgow, Watford, Barbados, Guatemala, London, Holland, Belgium etc.

I'd take the word of the Spanish based fans who go to games who Ohmelads was refering to over any of this lot watching Sky Sports any day.

Average player who won't improve the starting 11, which is what we should be aiming for.

Get with it mate, streams for most matches are available these days.

Was it only 3 years ago Roma were offering big money for him?

And Man Utd, which is what most seem to be rating him from rather than watching him with their own 2 eyes.

Hypocrite.

How?

And Man Utd, which is what most seem to be rating him from rather than watching him with their own 2 eyes.

Hypocrite.

How?

Basing it on a few forum comments than what you've seen yourself.

Hypocrite.

How?

Can you read?! I've said I've seen him play and that he's average, he wouldn't improve the team and is technically awful.

I haven't even read the comments from the Spanish site Ohmelads is talking about but I'd listen to their opinions as they sit in the stadium and watch him, also living in Spain they will have a better feel for the general opinion of the player.

How is that similar to people rating him without never seeing him play but presume he must be good because he was linked with Man Utd?

Hypocrite.

How?

Can you read?! I've said I've seen him play and that he's average, he wouldn't improve the team and is technically awful.

I haven't even read the comments from the Spanish site Ohmelads is talking about but I'd listen to their opinions as they sit in the stadium and watch him, also living in Spain they will have a better feel for the general opinion of the player.

How is that similar to people rating him without never seeing him play but presume he must be good because he was linked with Man Utd?

1.Once?

2.They usually end up less than half of their capacity in the stadium so i doubt it.

Hypocrite.

How?

1.Once?

2.They usually end up less than half of their capacity in the stadium so i doubt it.

Who said Once? I think you're clutching at straws here, I've seen him play well into double figures on tv, which is what most on that forum are basing their opinions on.

Point 2 seems a bit desperate too tbh, if they average gates of 25,000 then chances are a good few of them on their main board go to games and watch them.

Question, Do you think he's better than Nicky Butt? If yes, why?

Guest WalkervilleMag

Jay Jay, Djorkieff, Campo.  just 3 players that nobody else would touch with a bardge poll, Only Big Sam would take the gamble on them.  worked out well

Hypocrite.

How?

1.Once?

Who said Once? I think you're clutching at straws here, I've seen him play well into double figures on tv, which is what most on that forum are basing their opinions on.

Point 2 seems a bit desperate too tbh, if they average gates of 25,000 then chances are a good few of them on their main board go to games and watch them.

Sure you have mate ;) Deportivo have been on Sky about 10 times in the last 3 years so i don't see how you've seen him that many times, do i think he's better than Nicky Butt? i think he's got a lot more to offer considering he's got age on his side and the main question is, do you think he would be a good addition to the squad and my answer is yes.

Hypocrite.

How?

1.Once?

Sure you have mate ;) Deportivo have been on Sky about 10 times in the last 3 years so i don't see how you've seen him that many times, do i think he's better than Nicky Butt? i think he's got a lot more to offer considering he's got age on his side and the main question is, do you think he would be a good addition to the squad and my answer is yes.

To be fair, 10 times would equate to double figures. :lol:

I'm sure nobody is doubting he'll make a decent addition in terms of depth, but there comes a time where you'll need quality to stand apart from that depth, which is why I'm sure some people would have preffered splashing out on a younger player with the potential to be really top class.

While Duscher would be a big improvement on who we had as back-up last year, will he really improve the team. Perhaps, but it does seem doubtful.

Hypocrite.

How?

1.Once?

Nice attempt at trying to rubbish someone's opinion Alberto, Depotivo have been on Sky plenty of times over the past 3 years, considering they show on average 3 La Liga games every weekend they would have to go out of their way to avoid showing Deportivo if they could only manage to show them 10 times in that period, add to that the time I was sat in the lower tier of the Leazes when Deportivo played us in the Intertoto I'd say I've seen plenty of him.

So you think he's got more to offer than Butt? Like what exactly apart from age?

Why don't you dazzle us with your knowledge of the bloke and tell us what exactle he's got to offer us.