Aldo Duscher arrives on trial - and promptly leaves?

Nicky

He needs to bring in another 4 players capable of handling the premiership, not ones for the future like at Liverpool.

In the interview on world yesterday Allardyce did point out that bringing in 8 players at that level is a tall order. If he ends up bringing in the odd stop-gap then thats fine. This does make me wonder aboyut how much money he has to spend if we are continuing to shop around the bargain basement. Season starts in one month.

Take him for nowt, depending on his wages like, we need to learn from having a weak squad its cost us time after time season after season.

So yes we need defenders but we also need a bigger squad with more players for all positions..

Spanish papers saying Racing Santander are in advanced talks with him.

It was only two years ago that Man Utd were looking at him. Has his stock fallen that much that he's discussing terms with Racing Santander?

Their not a bad side.

Aye they finished above Deportivo if I'm not mistaken

Guest Invicta_Toon

Allardyce can't change his spots tbh

millions at his disposal and he's wasting his days on trialists

long ball here we come

Guest Guinness

He needs to bring in another 4 players capable of handling the premiership, not ones for the future like at Liverpool.

In the interview on world yesterday Allardyce did point out that bringing in 8 players at that level is a tall order. If he ends up bringing in the odd stop-gap then thats fine. This does make me wonder aboyut how much money he has to spend if we are continuing to shop around the bargain basement. Season starts in one month.

That's fair enough, I haven't seen those interviews so I don't know what Big Sam's intentions are. As a stop gap he'd be fine.

Guest Verlaine

Allardyce can't change his spots tbh

millions at his disposal and he's wasting his days on trialists

long ball here we come

yawn.

Guest Toon83

Excellent signing for free,  I hope he impresses big Sam on this trial, because he is a good solid defensive midfielder, who will give Nicky Butt some much needed competition

At least (if this is true)

The article is by Shaun Custis who is geordie & a very close pal of Sam's. When Sam flew into Newcastle by helicopter Shaun was with Sam.

Any article by Shaun Cusits or his brother Neil the source will more than likely be Sam.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Might also benefit Luque having one of his old team-mates about the place.

Just what i was going to say. I hope Luque gets a fair crack of the whip under Sam because he has/had undoubted quality.

The article is by Shaun Custis who is geordie & a very close pal of Sam's. When Sam flew into Newcastle by helicopter Shaun was with Sam.

Any article by Shaun Cusits or his brother Neil the source will more than likely be Sam.

He also said we'd get Barton a month or so before we did.

He also said we'd get Barton a month or so before we did.

Gone are the days when Oliver got the transfer exclusives

Just because he's free does not mean we should sign him on. FFS Sam has millions & he is giving a trial to Duscher to see if he's up to it!

If Sam feels he needs to give him a trial = Sam doesn't think he's good enough

If Duscher is prepared to come on trial = Duscher doesn't think he's good enough

He may do ok, but we need & should only looking at better than ok.

Guest Verlaine

Just because he's free does not mean we should sign him on. FFS Sam has millions & he is giving a trial to Duscher to see if he's up to it!

If Duscher is prepared to come on trial = Duscher doesn't think he's good enough

If Sam doesn't think he's good enough, and Duscher doesn't think he's good enough, then surely that's less of a reason for a trial, not more of one?

Guest Verlaine

Who says that Sam has millions.

There is no need to spend money if you don't need to.

Need to scrimp and save for Ronaldinho's release clause and wages.