Aldo Duscher arrives on trial - and promptly leaves?

Nicky

Excellent, well not excellent, but glad we turned him down if he was (obviously) not good enough/decent enough shape.

See, no harm done. Under previous regimes maybe there wouldnt have even been a trial, just straight to the signing.

Guest optimistic nit

Can't they apply the same type of treatment to Carr?

nah. it only worked in this case because the player wasn't already signed. with carr he is already under contract at the club, and thus if we were to apply the same treatment it would cost US money to cancel his contract, and i think sam wants to hold out for bidders, or let him rot in the reserves.

Guest newcastle4life

Good thing he had a trial first instead of giving him a contract could have been a bad signing which we dont need. Smart thinking by Big Sam.

Mascherano is fucking immense.

blueyes.gif

It's certainly not laughable to compare him to someone of Gattuso's calibre, he has the potential to be one of the very best.

I can see his departure being down to money rather than ability tbh.

.com are saying he struggled with the fitness tests. Fits in with what the Depor fans have been saying as well.

That will teach me for not reading it properly. :blush:

Good stuff from the management set up. Had nowt, tried it, didn't work, lost nowt.

We'd have signed him by now if this was Roeder.

No we wouldn't. It's July.

QUOTE: Yeah, Sam would have had him on trial at Bolton by now, told Duscher where to go, then we would have signed him August 31st.

Good stuff from the management set up. Had nowt, tried it, didn't work, lost nowt.

We'd have signed him by now if this was Roeder.

No we wouldn't. It's July.

We would have sold Milner to get him under Roeder.