Where are all the Sunday Stories?

Skirge

Seems strange not have a thread listing all the crap stories from todays papers, even done a quick google news search and we seem to have escaped the mass Sunday speculation..

Its to quiet, and I don't like it!!

Ronaldinho and Henize linked in the NOTW

NEWCASTLE have made a sensational enquiry about World Player of the Year Ronaldinho. The Toon asked about Ronaldinho’s availability during on-going discussions with Barcelona over possible transfer targets. But billionaire owner Mike Ashley has been told it will cost him a staggering £58m if he wanted to follow up his interest in the Brazilian superstar. Newcastle have also been talking with the Spanish giants about the possible signings of Edmilson, Eidur Gudjohnson and Deco.

But a Newcastle source said: “During the discussions Ronaldinho’s name came up. ”Newcastle asked about his availability but were told Barcelona would not consider anything less than £58m. ”Obviously Mike Ashley is a billionaire but it remains to be seen whether even he would sanction a deal of that magnitude.” Ashley wants to bring a global superstar to Newcastle to signal his intent following his £130m takeover of the club.

The Toon do hope to sign Manchester United's Argie defender Gabriel Heinze, 29

Seems strange not have a thread listing all the crap stories from todays papers, even done a quick google news search and we seem to have escaped the mass Sunday speculation..

Threads already exist for them all.

Weren't you complaining about us being linked with too many players earlier this week?

Weren't you complaining about us being linked with too many players earlier this week?

Aye but a Sunday is mad day, I like to be cracked up for a while on a Sunday morning..

I thought the Ronaldinho thread was an old one, about him going to Milan was.nt it?

Being linked to loads of people is fun / amusing  -  gives us lots to talk about.

Personally, I am happy the club has avoided starting things off that attract media ramblings (if it needs the club to do anything for that to happen!!) this week, because I am sure they are working hard at buying players, hopefully defenders of quality.

That means that the Ashley/Mort/Allardyce combo, is actually doing it WELL, ie they are not getting found out and are also not deliberately leaking cr*p to the media, either.

It is called, in my book, "professionalism" . . .  and I like-it!

I can now crack up at the Ronaldinho story, some stories on a Sunday are funny, that is downright fkn hilarious..

mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

Aye but a Sunday is mad day, I like to be cracked up for a while on a Sunday morning..

I thought the Ronaldinho thread was an old one, about him going to Milan was.nt it?

It's about him coming to us. Check the NOTW-article that's linked in the OP and scroll down past the Crouch-article

Guest Invicta_Toon

Being linked to loads of people is fun / amusing  -  gives us lots to talk about.

Personally, I am happy the club has avoided starting things off that attract media ramblings (if it needs the club to do anything for that to happen!!) this week, because I am sure they are working hard at buying players, hopefully defenders of quality.

That means that the Ashley/Mort/Allardyce combo, is actually doing it WELL, ie they are not getting found out and are also not deliberately leaking cr*p to the media, either.

It is called, in my book, "professionalism" . . .  and I like-it!

by your analysis they could be sitting doing fuck all and it would look the same as your definition of professionalism

Guest Guinness

We take a trip to Barcelona and we've now been linked with 50% of their squad over the last 10 days or so.

Who next? Messi?

I hear Henry fancies a return to England...

Liverpool have set Crouchs price @ £20 million to ward ours, Villa's & Man City's interest

Probably not more in that than in Ronaldinho coming here tbh...

They bought him for £7m and sell him for £13m more because he is sitting on the bench. But who knows, there is some idiots(West Ham) in this world.

Liverpool have set Crouchs price @ £20 million to ward ours, Villa's & Man City's interest

Probably not more in that than in Ronaldinho coming here tbh...

They bought him for £7m and sell him for £13m more because he is sitting on the bench. But who knows, there is some idiots(West Ham) in this world.

He's not even worth half of that really. Probably loose out on him in the end. 7m was expensive.

Guest MagicNumber9

I am shocked there has been no Martins stories in todays papers, thought they would have at least try to predict what the outcome of Sam's and Oba's meeting was.

Good point, what was the outcome of that conversation?

I am shocked there has been no Martins stories in todays papers, thought they would have at least try to predict what the outcome of Sam's and Oba's meeting was.

The papers haven't reported it yet...

Yes, but its Sunday and they have not even made anything up about it.

Crouch did a speech at Lee Hendrie's "Now fuck off and don't come back, you orange-faced mutant" dinner at VP the other week, in which he apparently said that if he were to leave Liverpool, he'd definitely come back to Villa.

He never really got a chance with us, to be honest.

Still, 20m is absolute fucking madness. If it is about warding off interest, why not just say "he's not leaving"?

If you know it's probably bollocks, why are you bothered if it's in the papers or not then?  :lol:

If you know it's probably bollocks, why are you bothered if it's in the papers or not then?  :lol:

Because its silly Sunday, helps pass the time.

Na, its not that i am botherd its not in, more shocked they have not even botherd to speculate about it.

Crouch did a speech at Lee Hendrie's "Now fuck off and don't come back, you orange-faced mutant" dinner at VP the other week, in which he apparently said that if he were to leave Liverpool, he'd definitely come back to Villa.

He never really got a chance with us, to be honest.

Still, 20m is absolute fucking madness. If it is about warding off interest, why not just say "he's not leaving"?

Because West Ham are about and if they see any sign that they might be willing to sell the cheque book is likely to be out.

Its worth a try for Liverpool :D