NUFC not the subject of the police raids - Statement

Guest thenorthumbrian

How come nobody seems to have a clue about the other clubs. Rumours were on here this morning so surely fans at other clubs would have noticed things around their grounds.

I will bet there will be no questions asked about what has gone on today, it will be Sam bigging up his new signings and a quick tlaks about tomorrows game with Hartlepool.

Lets hope he is asked about Zoggy and Martins though..

(press conferences are always later than scheduled)

How come nobody seems to have a clue about the other clubs. Rumours were on here this morning so surely fans at other clubs would have noticed things around their grounds.

Police were at Everton's ground today apparently.

Guest SwissMagpie

I knew this summer is to good to be true. i am really starting to feel like George Costanza.

Hope all this Corruption thing is Wide of the mark :police:

Why have they stopped mentioning the press conference now?

SSN - Raids linked to an arrest of a 61 year old man a few weeks ago, he is not involved in football himself but was arrested for money laundering..

I would guess that the individuals whose houses have been raided would be a couple of Agents.

I remember watching the infamous BBC 'Bung' programme and a few of them seemed to based from home.

Guest Guinness

It's apparently linked to the arrest of a man in May for money laundering, although his arrest is said to be "minor".

it might not be 3 premiership clubs, they are only saying 3 professional clubs. the other 2 could be from anywhere.

It's hardly going to be teams from Scotland or Wales, it's English teams, whether they're all Premiership sides, then who knows.

I don't know, Rangers is a possibility

Doubtful.  David Murray's not a fool.

Rangers were involved. :blush: :lol:

I don't really care what it is, who did it, whether its money laundering or murder. All i want to know is will it affect the team, allardyce, chris mort or mike ashley. If one of you supposed 'ITK' people could just clarify this simple point then that would be much appreciated. All it requires is one sentence to do this, no names of sources or whatever other stuff you feel you cant say.

Guest Gemmill

insider trading could be a good shout.

If that's the case, it should be individuals rather than the club as an entity that's in trouble.  Which is probably a good thing.

Guest Gemmill

Glasgow Rangers named as second club.

Didn't we pay way over the odds with the help of a certain agent for a certain shit footballer from there?  Not that there's probably any connection like.

insider trading could be a good shout.

If that's the case, it should be individuals rather than the club as an entity that's in trouble.  Which is probably a good thing.

i was thinking if the other clubs were say,man city and villa,however now that rangers have been named it blows up that theory.

the raid is not connected with the quest inquiry so does that rule out the boumsong transfer as it was flagged up by stephens ?