Fraser Forster

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Why?

Getting rid of someone just because you don't want to pay him a loyalty bonus or give him a testimonial? Just reward for his many years at the club like.

If this was Shearer they were doing this to, there'd be uproar.

No need for testimonials in today's game unless all proceeds are going to charity.

Still costs the club the same amount of cash to host the game.

I wouldn't have thought the club would pay for anyone to have a testimonial in this day in age and surely gate receipts would surely cover this.

Guest Heneage

Why?

Getting rid of someone just because you don't want to pay him a loyalty bonus or give him a testimonial? Just reward for his many years at the club like.

If this was Shearer they were doing this to, there'd be uproar.

I don't think it's got that much to do with bonuses etc and the fact, he's arguably on the decline. I think you can't compare him to Shearer either really, they are on totally different levels in terms of contributions to the club. Alan Shearer is iconic with Newcastle, his shirt sales alone will have justified a testimonial.

In the history of Newcastle, I don't consider Harper a major part.

Guest palnese

Apparently we will only let him go there if they guarantee he will be their first choice 'keeper.

Of course.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Apparently we will only let him go there if they guarantee he will be their first choice 'keeper.

Can't believe anyone from the Toon made that decision. Its far too sensible.

Too bloody right.

Can't believe anyone from the Toon made that decision. Its far too sensible.

Aye, with them having Jensen it would be far from certain and so could be one of the reasons for the delay along with the so called 'injury'.

Took me ages to click you weren't talking about Harper, I was thinking "why the fuck would we care about that" :lol:

Took me ages to click you weren't talking about Harper, I was thinking "why the fuck would we care about that" :lol:

because we all care about harper

Guest BooBoo

Whilst I dont rate Harper as anything other than a very average top flight keeper, to treat anyone like this (if indeed its true) and boot them out just so we can save on a few bonuses, is pretty low. Even by Fashley's standards.

Guest MrSundlofer

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_6269979,00.html

Forster being denied a loan at the moment due to an "injury in the squad".

Interesting!

Our goalkeepers are Harper, Krul, Forster and Söderberg (...Alnwick & Robinson at the academy). I'm sure Söderberg is out injured until middle of august. If Forster goes on loan we only have Harper and Krul fit.

Guest Heneage

Someone on Twitter claiming we've accepted Celtic's bid for Harper. f*** knows if it's reliable.

Any word on fee's?

Guest BooBoo

Someone on Twitter claiming we've accepted Celtic's bid for Harper. Fuck knows if it's reliable.

nicknufc?

Someone on Twitter claiming we've accepted Celtic's bid for Harper. Fuck knows if it's reliable.

nicknufc?

He's got it from here. :lol:

Nah, some other lad called Colin Warris. Probably just taking a flyer tbh.

Someone on Twitter claiming we've accepted Celtic's bid for Harper. f*** knows if it's reliable.

nicknufc?

That's me picking it up from here :lol: Just asking that cwarris lad for a source otherwise I'll continue to treat it as bullshit.