Fraser Forster

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Guest schmuck

I'd love to see them take Forster for the first half of the season and Krul for the second half, we'd see where both of them stand in very similar circumstances that way

http://www.teamtalk.com/newcastle-united/6330214/Forster-in-line-for-Hoops-switch

Newcastle goalkeeper Fraser Forster is poised to complete a loan switch to Celtic, subject to a medical, on Monday.

Celtic manager Neil Lennon sounded out his Norwich counterpart Paul Lambert, where Forster has previously been on loan, before deciding on a signing that will place pressure on current first choice Lukasz Zaluska.

Lennon said: "He's a big boy, he's come highly recommended, I've watched him myself a couple of times.

"His age, 22, is the only thing going against him because otherwise he's all the qualities you look for in a goalkeeper.

"He's got a massive presence and he's come highly recommended from people in the game whose opinion I trust, so if the medical goes okay, we'll take him on board.

"We've needed competition in that area so he'll add to that."

Guest sicko2ndbest

It is Harpers last season imo, therefore next season its a straight fight between Krul and Forster for the number one!

We will definately lose one of them in the next 2-3 years!

Guest firetotheworks

If he was an outfield player I wouldn't mind so much that he's there for competition. But it's totally different when it's a keeper. Strange move unless he's clearly better than their current keeper and gets games.

If he was an outfield player I wouldn't mind so much that he's there for competition. But it's totally different when it's a keeper. Strange move unless he's clearly better than their current keeper and gets games.

Aye he will be, their current keeper is terrible and they all hate him.

Let's hope so. He needs to play games, a does Krul, if he is to fulfill his potential.

Let's hope so. He needs to play games, a does Krul, if he is to fulfill his potential.

Lennon will be getting him for the number 1 no doubt about it. Zaluska has been terrible pre season and up until now.

Brilliant move for him. He'll get much more out of a move to Celtic than Norwich, if he plays when he's North of the border.

Hopefully, they will get through their European game this week so that will be good experience for him plus the pressure of playing in a few Old Firm games.  And chances are, he may well win something again this season.