Fraser Forster

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Heard very positive things from a Norwich fan regarding Forster.

Same, he thinks he's great and will be an England keeper, and should play for a top 4 club. Sounds good.

A few of my league 1 mates have said similar too, although my uncle is a Swindon season ticket holder and he swore blind that Ben Tozer was the next Rio Ferdinand when we signed him!

A rare privately educated footballer (if wiki is true).

No way was that a red card against Tranmere by the way. He clearly pulled out of the challenge as soon as he realised he wasn't getting the ball. Hope we can keep both Krul and Forster and have them battling for the shirt when Harper retires.

is also true.

Guest toonlass

So for those who have seen him play regularly (and Ronaldo). Is he ready to make the step up to Premiership football?

I remember reading comments from either Harper or Given, a while back who claimed he was making brilliant progress and that he could be a very good keeper if he continued at  the rate he was developing at. It seems that he is still progressing at that rate which i can only imagine means that he is very dedicated and also means that his progress could continue until he reaches the top, but i suppose it is quite hard to preidct this sort of thing.

We have some very good young keepers at this club, Krul, Forster, Alnwick( i remember reading some where he also is a future England international, though i have no idea if this is true ), Soderberg ( i havent heard alot about him tbh )

• 2 weeks later...
Guest neesy111

He's rated as England's next goalkeeper from what I've heard

They say this to a different keeper every year to be fair.

this was last year before he went on loan to norwich tbf, it was from the telegraph's list of rising stars

The thing with Krul and Forster is that I don't see them displacing Harper no matter how good they may be. Hughton seems to be a manager who will always pick the experienced players ahead of giving youngsters a chance.

Guest Heneage

It's nice to have such strength in a position like goalkeeper. Because as we've all seen good goalie's are not easy to find.

The thing with Krul and Forster is that I don't see them displacing Harper no matter how good they may be. Hughton seems to be a manager who will always pick the experienced players ahead of giving youngsters a chance.

ahh ahhh ahhhhh guthrie replacing smith and butt choooooooooooo

Forster has had a valuable full season on loan and krul despite being an excellent shot stopper gets far to excitable at times. Harper was the correct choice as number one this season and maybe next imo.

We could do with a decent "mature" keeper as back up next season with Forster loaned at a higher level and krul loaned out in preparation as first choice in 2011/12 (both).

Forster has had a valuable full season on loan and krul despite being an excellent shot stopper gets far to excitable at times. Harper was the correct choice as number one this season and maybe next imo.

We could do with a decent "mature" keeper as back up next season with Forster loaned at a higher level and krul loaned out in preparation as first choice in 2011/12 (both).

not a bad idea, send forster back to norwich again, im sure they'll be glad to have him

Experience is probably more important than anything for a goalkeeper, and I think that´s the reason why Harper is chosen ahead of Krul and Forster. From what I´ve seen of Tim Krul, he seems like a better shot stopper, he´s better with his feets...probably as good as Harper if not better. Haven´t seen Fraser Forster play, but from what I´ve heard he´s on level with Krul. Anyway, Harper has the experience and he will make the right decisions more often compared to Krul. Decisions like when he should stay on his line or not, rushing out etc. I suppose Harper is also a better communicator, at least he should be after so many years as a pro.

That said, I believe both Krul and Forster are ready now, and I really hope Krul will play the three remaining games of this season. Hopefully we will keep both of them, and that one of them can become a first choice very soon, but Harper´s experience can be valuable next season.